Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #651
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,685

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Tourism is down because folks don't want to risk getting caught in the war that illegals are bringing over with them from Mexico. I don't think most folks are all that eager to visit any open drug trade route.
    None of my conservative friends hesitate to go to AZ...most are down there right now. They're not afraid of a darn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #652
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,685

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I've seen plenty of overtly excessive sexual display in too many places here in Austin but, this place is crawling with them.
    I dont particularly want to see that from straight couples either. Are you critical of them as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #653
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,685

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If a gay man enters a restaurant how can you tell if he is Gay unless he is flaunting his sexuality.
    What if that is the way he acts naturally? I mean....a person's personality is their personality...I find loads of people offensive in public. Has nothing to do with their orientation. And it's not my right to object. I can leave if I dont like it. If they are disruptive I guess I could complain to the management if I'm in an establishment but that's not generally my style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #654
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,685

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    When I'm eating, pretty much. When I'm eating with young ones, definitely.
    It's up to you of course but I see no point in teaching the young that there's anything wrong with being gay.

    Why would you do that? Religious beliefs? What is the point? So that they will also hate or at least be intolerant and exclude?

    Gays arent going anywhere and they cant teach your kid to be gay if they're not gay. Kids deal with the kids of gay parents in schools, they have gay teachers, probably. And if not now, next yr or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #655
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Unless the homophobes actually say it out loud, as they often do on this board, as you say the KKK does in real life .
    No, you see, a phobia is an anxiety disorder, defined by fear of an object or situation where the person goes to great lengths to avoid whatever it might be. It does not mean that the person oppose or other show hate towards a certain group like you are assuming it does. The bigots you see talk against gays aren't doing it because they have some sort of anxiety disorder, but because they don't accept their lifestyle and they are taking measures because of it. Not accepting someone for who they are and treating them like dirt doesn't mean someone has an anxiety disorder, and you shouldn't assume that it does. Also, racism is not a phobia and to equate any sort of phobia with it is simply wrong.

  6. #656
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    The NFL now says racist and homophobic are 15-yard penalties, the same.
    Maybe a combo will get you 30.
    To differentiate between racism and homophobia is noted, and disagreed with .
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, you see, a phobia is an anxiety disorder, defined by fear of an object or situation where the person goes to great lengths to avoid whatever it might be. It does not mean that the person oppose or other show hate towards a certain group like you are assuming it does. The bigots you see talk against gays aren't doing it because they have some sort of anxiety disorder, but because they don't accept their lifestyle and they are taking measures because of it. Not accepting someone for who they are and treating them like dirt doesn't mean someone has an anxiety disorder, and you shouldn't assume that it does. Also, racism is not a phobia and to equate any sort of phobia with it is simply wrong.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #657
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The NFL now says racist and homophobic are 15-yard penalties, the same.
    Maybe a combo will get you 30.
    To differentiate between racism and homophobia is noted, and disagreed with .
    I would love for you to prove the existence of homophobia, but of course you can actually do that, since it was created as a term to attack opponents with. Yes, I will differentiate between racism and phobias because like it or not racism is not a phobia.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-25-14 at 03:19 AM.

  8. #658
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,141

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont particularly want to see that from straight couples either. Are you critical of them as well?
    Yes. There's a time and place for that activity.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #659
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I would love for you to prove the existence of homophobia, but of course you can actually do that, since it was created as a term to attack opponents with. Yes, I will differentiate between racism and phobias because like it or not racism is not a phobia.
    Having an irrational fear of a thing is considered a phobia.

    Irrationally fearing homosexuality could be termed as Homophobia.

    Racism is the dislike of a people based on the race they belong to.

    Homosexuality is not a race, and in fact exists within them all.


    One can fear a race, and many do....but, this would be separately termed.

    Perhaps Asianiphobia? Negroidophobia? Caucasiaphobia?

  10. #660
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Unless the homophobes actually say it out loud, as they often do on this board, as you say the KKK does in real life .
    They don't

    Disliking someone or their lifestyle is not fear

    Homophobia is thought to be a fear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •