Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #581
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Dude, I haven't watched football since I was ten. I really couldn't give a damn about the Super Bowl.
    I didn't know you were an Arizona state legislator or are you the Governor? My apologies. I fully understand that some people are so consumed by hatred that nothing changes their minds. I suspect the might $ may have some influence on state government in Arizona, however. After all, the NFL and the Super Bowl is the reason they celebrate Martin Luther King day in that blighted state.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #582
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you statement is based on emotional content (denial of service should be illegal*), and not the rights of the people.

    government is not here to protect your .......feelings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Do you seriously believe he should be entitled to that mans property and services? That mans labor and business? What place does he have to force that man to allow him on the property and do business with him?
    If you just happen to run a business, that means you become everyone's slave? I don't think so. Just because you happen to be in business, that doesn't mean everyone else is entitled to your business.
    * italics added for clarity

    Another illustration of why libertarian ideaology has never worked in real world. At the end of the day, we dont live on islands and we do have a social contract with each other. Of course, that contract can be pretty limited (in example, allowing the denial of contracts, but not services). A social contract, however, in contrast to libertarianism denial of it, does exist.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 02-24-14 at 04:23 PM.

  3. #583
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I read the 1964 civil rights act. What of it?
    Well, if you read it then your question is dumb. You don't get to discriminate just because you own a business. Didn't you read that part? What is with you Libertarians? Has Ayn Rand so corrupted your minds that you are unable to understand the law of the land?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #584
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) theres no law against being denied service, you an keep repeating it all you want but you're gonna have to tell us what you are talking about
    2.) protected classes? you, me we are all protected that has nothing to do with being denied service
    3.) well you thought wrong, you'll have to educate us on how one possible sures for being denied service, i've never heard of anything so inane, so what will the person be suing for, what law will be broken? right to service?
    Judge Orders Colorado Bakery to Cater for Same-Sex Weddings - ABC News

    Sorry, reality proves you wrong.

  5. #585
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Well, if you read it then your question is dumb. You don't get to discriminate just because you own a business. Didn't you read that part? What is with you Libertarians? Has Ayn Rand so corrupted your minds that you are unable to understand the law of the land?
    It's funny how I told everyone who my influences were earlier in the thread and I still get told I was influenced by Ayn Rand.

    Yes, I read the law, and realize what it says. Your point is what?

  6. #586
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Another illustration of why libertarian ideaology has never worked in real world. At the end of the day, we dont live on islands and we do have a social contract with each other. Of course, that contract can be pretty limited, but in contrast to libertarianism, it does exist.

    so your saying....."because i don't LIKE [EMOTION BASED]how a citizen exercises his rights, ...i want the government to use its power of force on people AND MAKE THEM DO WHAT I THINK is the right thing to do, .......and i don't care if it violates their rights.

    so your feelings, are above the rights of other people?

  7. #587
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I didn't know you were an Arizona state legislator or are you the Governor? My apologies. I fully understand that some people are so consumed by hatred that nothing changes their minds. I suspect the might $ may have some influence on state government in Arizona, however. After all, the NFL and the Super Bowl is the reason they celebrate Martin Luther King day in that blighted state.
    Who the **** cares about Martin Luther King day? If black people want to look up to the guy they are more than welcome to, but frankly, he was a socialist that empowered the state and I have no interest in him.

  8. #588
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    as i had stated this was an administrative law case, not a criminal one.

  9. #589
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    At the end of the day, we dont live on islands and we do have a social contract with each other. Of course, that contract can be pretty limited, but in contrast to libertarianism, it does exist.
    I'd like to see a copy of that contract. Can you produce one?

  10. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    * italics added for clarity

    Another illustration of why libertarian ideaology has never worked in real world. At the end of the day, we dont live on islands and we do have a social contract with each other. Of course, that contract can be pretty limited (in example, allowing the denial of contracts, but not services). A social contract, however, in contrast to libertarianism denial of it, does exist.
    You're arguing a strawman. No one believes they live on an island.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •