Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #311
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I tend to believe more in human rights.
    Believing in human rights in your mind means oppressing people's human rights? How do you make that leap?

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The difference between us - or at least one of them, I'm glad there are many - is that you'd sell your soul for property rights. I tend to believe more in human rights.
    You believe in human rights and yet don't believe in property rights? That doesn't even make sense. All rights are based on property rights. Jesus..

  3. #313
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, what's ludicrous is the state of Arizona. Let's see, they started out by trashing Martin Luther King day, and that worked until the NFL told them they'd never get another Super Bowl unless they 'reconsidered'. Viola! They saw the light!

    Then it was the Hispanics that became the target with their ludicrous anti-brown skinned people legislation. Now it's the turn of the gays. It must be all that sunshine that fries their brains.
    That first is a great example showing that government interference is not necessary. The problem took care of itself.

    And no, hispanics weren't the target, especially not in Arizona which has a higher than average population of "brown skinned" Americans. The target was illegal aliens.

  4. #314
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why don't you explain to the class what a strawman is.
    the majority of your posts

    if you would like something more specific its when one misrepresents someone's argument or lies and makes one up to make it easier to attack or beat to claim victory or act like they have a valid point or counter.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #315
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You believe in human rights and yet don't believe in property rights? That doesn't even make sense. All rights are based on property rights. Jesus..
    Property can be bought and sold, so the value is variable.

    Human rights cannot be variable because all men are equal.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #316
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Why not save me the trouble and just tell me what you think this debate is about.
    again so you cant quote me saying what you made up?

    why dont you just save yourself the trouble and admit i never made the statement/point you claimed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #317
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Believing in human rights in your mind means oppressing people's human rights? How do you make that leap?
    He doesn't believe at all in human rights in general, just what he believes are human rights. It's like Agent J with his endlessly repeated "my opinions are facts!".

  8. #318
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Property can be bought and sold, so the value is variable.

    Human rights cannot be variable because all men are equal.
    'Property rights' refers to humans having the right to own property and do with it as they please.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the majority of your posts

    if you would like something more specific its when one misrepresents someone's argument or lies and makes one up to make it easier to attack or beat to claim victory or act like they have a valid point or counter.
    So when I tell you what your argument means I'm lying or misrepresenting your argument? Gee, and here I was thinking I was explaining it to you.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That first is a great example showing that government interference is not necessary. The problem took care of itself.

    And no, hispanics weren't the target, especially not in Arizona which has a higher than average population of "brown skinned" Americans. The target was illegal aliens.
    and many accusations of being a illegal alien end up with a latino being the accused.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •