Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #101
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    It can mean many things.

    For instance, male gynecologists are getting hammered in the marketplace by having women sexually discriminate against them and choosing female gynecologists instead. No one is forcing women to stop sexually discriminating. Can you imagine the uproar if laws were enforced which stopped women from sexually discriminating in this manner.
    Very little of that is discrimination, it's mostly women not wanting a man messing with their privates.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #102
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    I feel the same way about Colorado where courts have ruled that any business must cater to gays and lesbians even if they do not wish to do so.

    This sort of law is a good and necessary reaction to such orwellian court decisions.

    Since you mention Colorado, so you are against the courts ruling in accordance with the law?

    Colorado Revised Statutes
    24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation

    (2) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or, directly or indirectly, to publish, circulate, issue, display, post, or mail any written, electronic, or printed communication, notice, or advertisement that indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied an individual or that an individual's patronage or presence at a place of public accommodation is unwelcome, objectionable, unacceptable, or undesirable because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry.

    COCODE


    >>>>

  3. #103
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Since you mention Colorado, so you are against the courts ruling in accordance with the law?

    Colorado Revised Statutes
    24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation

    (2) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation or, directly or indirectly, to publish, circulate, issue, display, post, or mail any written, electronic, or printed communication, notice, or advertisement that indicates that the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation will be refused, withheld from, or denied an individual or that an individual's patronage or presence at a place of public accommodation is unwelcome, objectionable, unacceptable, or undesirable because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry.

    COCODE


    >>>>
    Yes when said law is a draconian violation of human rights ( as this one clearly is ) the courts need to overturn it.

  4. #104
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes people, property owners have the right to kick you off their property and it's about damn time the government starts protecting that right. Yes people, people have the right to refuse to associate with you and it's about damn time the government starts protecting that right. Yes people, people have the right to their own labor and service and it's about damn time the government starts protecting that right. My problem with this bill is that it treats it as if the property owner has to notify people that they refuse to provide them service, and to be frank, that is a violation of rights.

    This bill doesn't protect a property owners right to kick you off their property. This bill doesn't protect the peoples right to refuse to associate with anyone they want. This bill doesn't protect peoples right to their own labor.

    ONLY if you hide behind a religious claim can a business discriminate. If you (royal you, not you as an individual) don't like blacks, you are not exempt. You don't like Mexican's, you are not exempt. You just don't want to serve Jew's, you are not exempt.



    Personally I'd like to see Public Accommodation laws repealed as they apply to private businesses, not provide special treatment for people to hide behind religion.


    >>>>

  5. #105
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I would imagine, in the vernacular of expressing one's religious beliefs, they too could be refused service.
    No they couldn't because the same petty uproar wouldn't be made over it.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #106
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,310

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post

    While I'm not opposed to the idea
    I am religiously opposed to right wing whack jobs eating in my establishment.

  7. #107
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,310

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    I feel the same way about Colorado where courts have ruled that any business must cater to gays and lesbians even if they do not wish to do so..
    Good for Colorado.

  8. #108
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,310

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Yes when said law is a draconian violation of human rights

    Not allowing a homophobic business to deny food service to a gay person is a human rights violation?

    Gotta love the buying of one's own bull**** here.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    All the pro-LGBT cohersion doesn't come with out some backlash, and now you don't like it. Could have left sleeping dogs lie, but no.
    shouldn't let these dogs deny people equal rights at all they don't need to be left alone they need to be muzzled

  10. #110
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    That makes not sense. Freedom for a chosen few or freedom for everyone?
    Freedom for everyone to run their business as they please.

Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •