Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #1001
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    I so luv that phrase "liberal totalitarianism".
    Have you been following the revolution in the Ukraine? Part of their manifesto speaks to their fight against Totalitarian Liberalism. They're fighting against the tyranny they see you raining down on Human Rights defenders in the west. You guys have a real image problem if revolutions are breaking out to prevent the spread of Totalitarian Liberalism. Have you noticed that the defenders of the emotion-based liberal position in this thread haven't been able to rebut the logic of those who are standing up in defense of Human Rights. Well, it seems that people around the world are noticing the tyranny underlying your emotion-based philosophy. They understand that the "Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions." Too bad that you're blind to that wisdom.

    Here is a screen capture to the reference:



    Here is the video of their manifesto


  2. #1002
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    YOu have this obsession about wanting to know where I live. Are you a stalker?
    Sure.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #1003
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Everybody who isn't a right wing dingbat understood that even a bulb as dim as Jan Brewer couldn't let this piece of crap become law.
    Yup, there's no bias there that's for sure.

    How about, Congrats to Governor Brewer for making the right call on this one.

  4. #1004
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Have you been following the revolution in the Ukraine? Part of their manifesto speaks to their fight against Totalitarian Liberalism. They're fighting against the tyranny they see you raining down on Human Rights defenders in the west. You guys have a real image problem if revolutions are breaking out to prevent the spread of Totalitarian Liberalism. Have you noticed that the defenders of the emotion-based liberal position in this thread haven't been able to rebut the logic of those who are standing up in defense of Human Rights. Well, it seems that people around the world are noticing the tyranny underlying your emotion-based philosophy. They understand that the "Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions." Too bad that you're blind to that wisdom.

    Here is a screen capture to the reference:



    Here is the video of their manifesto


    Actually in the Ukraine, there are people fighting liberalism yes, but those people are called fascists and Neo-Nazis. (In Ukraine, fascists, oligarchs and western expansion are at the heart of the crisis | Seumas Milne | Comment is free | The Guardian) (Is the U.S. Backing Neo-Nazis in Ukraine? | Alternet) (Popular Uprising, Foreign Manipulation and Rising Fascism in Ukraine) (Ukraine Nazis: Is America Backing EuroMaidan Extremists?)
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  5. #1005
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Because I'm understanding better the excesses of partisan posting, though I enjoy it for election threads,
    I'm holding a couple of posts for this thread right now.
    The Log Cabin GOP on Chris Hayes called him out for piling on so to speak and not being thrilled.
    Hayes returned that a GOP gov vetoed a GOP bill, then Hayes tried to tie in DOMA, since log cabins disagree with current GOP orthodoxy .
    My point to Wiggens is that he has a habit of yapping like a little dog under the porch while the big dogs play in the yard. Everything is bad everywhere apparently except where he lives, wherever that may be. He is unwilling or unable to be objective.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #1006
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Actually in the Ukraine, there are people fighting liberalism yes,
    This fight against liberalism it taking root in many parts of Europe. I'm not sure what your point is - liberals are going to fight back by calling their opponents names. What you don't see from liberals, because they're mostly emotionally driven people, is a rebuttal to the charge of liberals stomping their jackboots on the throat of liberty and gutting the Right of Free Association. They don't rebut the charge because they can't, and so instead they resort to name-calling.

    You pointing to instances of name calling is supposed to accomplish what?

  7. #1007
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    I sense that feeling myself more lately.
    If someone is going to slam our terrible CC law in Illinois, I'd prefer it be one of us from Illinois.
    All states have their problems, which is what you are saying.
    Kicking a dog when it's down is a good reference.
    This is why I'm holding my posts and will need to reshape them.
    We call that learning where I retired .
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    My point to Wiggens is that he has a habit of yapping like a little dog under the porch while the big dogs play in the yard. Everything is bad everywhere apparently except where he lives, wherever that may be. He is unwilling or unable to be objective.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #1008
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yup, there's no bias there that's for sure.

    How about, Congrats to Governor Brewer for making the right call on this one.
    I agree with you clownboy.
    It's time to let the AZ citizens heel and get back to as happy a life as possible.
    DEMs can't complain at the GOP to change, and then complain that they changed.
    There'll be plenty of time I'm sure for the politics during election season .
    Physics is Phun

  9. #1009
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,273

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I agree with you clownboy.
    It's time to let the AZ citizens heel .
    Like the dogs that they are indeed!

  10. #1010
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    This fight against liberalism it taking root in many parts of Europe. I'm not sure what your point is - liberals are going to fight back by calling their opponents names. What you don't see from liberals, because they're mostly emotionally driven people, is a rebuttal to the charge of liberals stomping their jackboots on the throat of liberty and gutting the Right of Free Association. They don't rebut the charge because they can't, and so instead they resort to name-calling.
    \
    You pointing to instances of name calling is supposed to accomplish what?
    What I did was not point to name-calling but rather the extremely serious threat that fascists are having and the role they are playing in current domestic Ukrainian politics.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •