Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 220

Thread: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL... so I have no "proof" and this just my opinion... you don't have any proof because you don't know what the future holds... your research is correct... and the research I quoted is wrong... gotcha.
    You admit you have no proof.

    I quoted the CBO. That is not proof...but that adds weight to my opinion.

    You made your matter-of-fact statement without ANY proof or links to ANY evidence.

    I would (hopefully) NEVER make a matter-of-fact-style statement without ANY proof to back it up. And as soon as I realized I had (if I had) - I would hopefully retract/modify it.


    You made quite a number of derogatory remarks to people about their knowledge of this thread's subject...yet you go around making at least one statement in a matter-of-fact manner...yet you cannot provide ANY unbiased evidence to back it up.

    I would find that evidence before you put others down on this subject, were I you.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-19-14 at 03:10 AM.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    The CBO also put out a report about how the stimulus largely worked which supports the Keynesians over the others, which means we should just dismiss all of them as well? These sweeping generalizations saying entire sectors of economists cannot be trusted is pretty hasty. They get some stuff right, some wrong, the best ones learn and get better, the worst ones continue with the same thinking they learned in college and will take to the grave.

    The CBO is not infallable itself either...
    The CBO is noted for being completely (in theory) unbiased.

    Both of the sources you listed contain numerous examples of contributors who are NOT unbiased.

    I will let others (and history) judge which source of information should be given more weight.


    When you can present studies from COMPLETELY UNBIASED AND CREDIBLE sources (like the CBO)..I will read them and take them seriously.

    Until then, I probably will not.

  3. #93
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You admit you have no proof.

    I quoted the CBO. That is not proof...but that adds weight to my opinion.

    You made your matter-of-fact statement without ANY proof or links to ANY evidence.

    I would (hopefully) NEVER make a matter-of-fact-style statement without ANY proof to back it up. And as soon as I realized I had - I would hopefully retract/modify it.


    Imo, if you want to be taken seriously on a subject, I would not go around saying something IS or WILL BE a certain way without having at least some unbiased, factual evidence to back it up...just a suggestion.
    Wait, what? This thread is about raising the minimum wage. I made an additional argument about the direction of the economy as I was explaining my position to another poster. You want me to go off on a tangent and have some research based argument about something else because you demanded I show you proof? If you really want to talk about it I can show you plenty of evidence for that position, but I'm not going to do that on a whim.

  4. #94
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The CBO is noted for being completely (in theory) unbiased.

    Both of the sources you listed contain numerous examples of contributors who are NOT unbiased.

    I will let others (and history) judge which source of information should be given more weight.


    When you can present studies from COMPLETELY UNBIASED AND CREDIBLE sources (like the CBO)..I will read them and take them seriously.

    Until then, I probably will not.
    This has to be a joke right? The CBO is COMPLETELY UNBIASED? LoL... everyone and everything is susceptible to bias. They can try and they are usually pretty good, but they are not above anyone else as a matter of fact.

    There are different schools of thought in economics and there is no "right one" and there is no group of people who are "completely unbiased".

    The CBO's research is not perfect, like any other group, and there is plenty of other research out there that reaches significantly different conclusions.

    Over 600 Economists Sign Letter In Support of $10.10 Minimum Wage: Economist Statement on the Federal Minimum Wage | Economic Policy Institute

    Are all those economists biased and wrong? Is it possible their research is legitimate too?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Wait, what? This thread is about raising the minimum wage. I made an additional argument about the direction of the economy as I was explaining my position to another poster. You want me to go off on a tangent and have some research based argument about something else because you demanded I show you proof? If you really want to talk about it I can show you plenty of evidence for that position, but I'm not going to do that on a whim.
    You typed the following:

    'The "free market" is not going to raise wages for low skilled workers any time soon if in our lifetimes.'

    I asked you to provide links to unbiased, factual proof to back it up, you posted none.

    Now either post some or please stop wasting my time.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This has to be a joke right? The CBO is COMPLETELY UNBIASED? LoL... everyone and everything is susceptible to bias. They can try and they are usually pretty good, but they are not above anyone else as a matter of fact.

    There are different schools of thought in economics and there is no "right one" and there is no group of people who are "completely unbiased".

    The CBO's research is not perfect, like any other group, and there is plenty of other research out there that reaches significantly different conclusions.

    Over 600 Economists Sign Letter In Support of $10.10 Minimum Wage: Economist Statement on the Federal Minimum Wage | Economic Policy Institute

    Are all those economists biased and wrong? Is it possible their research is legitimate too?


    I typed: 'The CBO is noted for being completely (in theory) unbiased.' I included 'in theory' for a reason...apparently that reason went completely over your head - so be it.


    As for your 600 economists, when ANY of them can show me links to unbiased, factual proof that what they are saying is correct, I might look at it.

    Until then, their words mean practically nothing to me...especially considering that many of them are proven to be biased on the subject.


    Btw - I have almost no respect for your opinions on this particular subject OR for the rude manner which you treat others (I am not referring to how you are treating me).

    And I do not want to waste my time 'chatting' with you on this...no offense intended.


    I am interested in any links to unbiased facts/data you can provide to back up your claims...NOTHING ELSE.

  7. #97
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    You typed the following:

    'The "free market" is not going to raise wages for low skilled workers any time soon if in our lifetimes.'

    I asked you to provide links to unbiased, factual proof to back it up, you posted none.

    Now either post some or please stop wasting my time.
    Attachment 67162290

  8. #98
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    I typed: 'The CBO is noted for being completely (in theory) unbiased.' I included 'in theory' for a reason...apparently that reason went completely over your head - so be it.


    As for your 600 economists, when ANY of them can show me links to unbiased, factual proof that what they are saying is correct, I might look at it.

    Until then, their words mean practically nothing to me...especially considering that many of them are proven to be biased on the subject.


    Btw - I have almost no respect for your opinions on this particular subject OR for the rude manner which you treat others (I am not referring to how you are treating me).

    And I do not want to waste my time 'chatting' with you on this...no offense intended.


    I am interested in any links to unbiased facts/data you can provide to back up your claims...NOTHING ELSE.
    LoL, everything I show you, you say its not good enough! its biased! its wrong! Show me something that's proof! I'm not going to play this game with you.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    That's your proof of your statement:

    ''The "free market" is not going to raise wages for low skilled workers any time soon if in our lifetimes.'?

    Noted.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-19-14 at 03:46 AM.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: CBO Says Minimum-Wage Rise May Ease Poverty, Cost Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL, everything I show you, you say its not good enough! its biased! its wrong! Show me something that's proof! I'm not going to play this game with you.
    I haven't made any matter-of-fact statements to prove in this thread (to my knowledge).

    You did.

    Plus - I really don't care much whether you believe me or not.


    You don't want to 'play' anymore...absolutely fine with me.


    Good day.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •