Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 221

Thread: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

  1. #51
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Trouble is, the list of horrific despots that the US (and plenty of other supposedly 'civilised' western countries) have supported enthusiastically is a long one. Here are just 10:

    • Jean-Claude Duvalier (Haiti)
    • Manuel Noriega (Panama)
    • Augusto Pinochet (Chile)
    • Chiang Kai-shek (China)
    • The Shah of Iran
    • Ferdinand Marcos (Phillippines)
    • Islam Karimov (Uzbekistan)
    • Charles Taylor (Liberia)
    • Francisco Franco (Spain)
    • Hosni Mubarak (Egypt)

    Don't trash the Bolivarians for despotism when you've been active participants in totalitarianism the world over.
    You forgot to mention the successive right wing Presidents of Venezuela that the US supported for decades that directly lead to Chavez taking over...
    PeteEU

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You forgot to mention the successive right wing Presidents of Venezuela that the US supported for decades that directly lead to Chavez taking over...
    It was hardly an exhaustive list, but fair comment.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #53
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Careful now - your dealing with the Euro-lefty view of world history. Which essentially can be summed up as follows: Everything bad that happens in the world is American's fault - and if it isn't, it's Israel's fault. It makes life so simple for them.
    Unlike the American right wing view of history where the US is the good guy in everything and invented everything and is gods voice on earth?

    Like it or not, US meddling in countries through out the world has either directly or indirectly caused quite a number of issues around the world and has resulted in left wing governments in South America over the last 20 years including Chavez.
    PeteEU

  4. #54
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You tell me? I don't see the UN asking the rest of the world's countries to give more treasure and man power. I too don't think we should be the world's police force, but I don't trash the U.S for doing so while defending despots either.
    How in the world do you continue to ignore/deny the despots that the US has supported. Why are you silent on the CIA's toppling of democratically elected governments, sometimes replacing them with brutal dictators. You guys enable this behaviour. US foreign policy doesn't consider human rights, that's only stated because it sells. US foreign policy considers the interests of international corporations.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #55
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Unlike the American right wing view of history where the US is the good guy in everything and invented everything and is gods voice on earth?

    Like it or not, US meddling in countries through out the world has either directly or indirectly caused quite a number of issues around the world and has resulted in left wing governments in South America over the last 20 years including Chavez.

    That cannot be denied. And in the case of Chavez, Morales, and Correa, it was the basis of their platforms.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If there's a protest aimed at toppling a government around the world, its bound to be a government that the US would like to see toppled, and the US is bound to be behind it supporting it.


    CARACAS - The Venezuelan government on Monday ordered three US diplomats accused of inciting violent protests that left three people dead and dozens injured to leave the country within two days.
    "All these diplomats are required to leave from our sovereign and independent homeland of Venezuela in the next 48 hours for actively being involved in the organization and promotion of these groups that now intend to generate violence in our country," Foreign Minister Elias Jaua told a press conference.

    Venezuela expels US diplomats for inciting protests |Americas |chinadaily.com.cn
    Right, three Americans are responsible for an entire country on the ropes due to failed government policies. Good one.

  7. #57
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Trouble is, the list of horrific despots that the US (and plenty of other supposedly 'civilised' western countries) have supported enthusiastically is a long one. Here are just 10:

    • Jean-Claude Duvalier (Haiti)
    • Manuel Noriega (Panama)
    • Augusto Pinochet (Chile)
    • Chiang Kai-shek (China)
    • The Shah of Iran
    • Ferdinand Marcos (Phillippines)
    • Islam Karimov (Uzbekistan)
    • Charles Taylor (Liberia)
    • Francisco Franco (Spain)
    • Hosni Mubarak (Egypt)

    Don't trash the Bolivarians for despotism when you've been active participants in totalitarianism the world over.
    Yeah? So where are your communist hero's in stopping them? Oh that's right you and them support the despots of the world.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #58
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Right, three Americans are responsible for an entire country on the ropes due to failed government policies. Good one.
    No, not just three Americans, that's the visible ones. You've no idea how the CIA works apparently.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #59
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah? So where are your communist hero's in stopping them? Oh that's right you and them support the despots of the world.
    That's some barely coherent garbage.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  10. #60
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Fears of more protest clashes high in Venezuela

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    That's some barely coherent garbage.
    Not for anyone with a smidgen of comprehension.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •