Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So what? You are doing the exact same thing you criticize others of doing to Republicans. So basically you are no better than them, good to know.

    And since you have seen what I have posted for years, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and actually post proof of your baseless claims. So yeah, whatever. When you get called out for something, all you have is deflection. Typical hack.
    Typical liberal response...."why don't you go on a snipe hunt for the rest of the afternoon"... Priceless....Complete with a personal attack....pfft....meaningless.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Typical liberal response...."why don't you go on a snipe hunt for the rest of the afternoon"... Priceless....Complete with a personal attack....pfft....meaningless.
    Typical Con response, YOU are the one making the claim and you're pissed because I ask for your proof.

    You fail debating 101.

  3. #13
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,179

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, not decrying anything....I embrace it in this instance....I know that the game would be role reversal if the (D) were changed to (R) here....But does that mean that no one should ever bring up with a (D) gets caught doing despicable things? Maybe. If you're the Wash Press Corp. that is....
    It doesn't mean that it shouldn't necessarily be brought up, although the newsworthiness of a back-bencher who's been out of Congress for almost 20 years is suspect. I didn't know his name then, I haven't heard it since, and my first thought was "Who the hell is that?"

    I actually thought it might be Tom Reynolds who represented a district near my old hometown. I should have realized that you wouldn't have mentioned him since he's an (R). But at any rate, I only knew who he was because it was a local thing before I moved.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #14
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Typical Con response, YOU are the one making the claim and you're pissed because I ask for your proof.

    You fail debating 101.
    Oh really? And you are the arbiter of debate 101? hahahaha! What a buffoon.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #15
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,179

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, not decrying anything....I embrace it in this instance....I know that the game would be role reversal if the (D) were changed to (R) here....But does that mean that no one should ever bring up with a (D) gets caught doing despicable things? Maybe. If you're the Wash Press Corp. that is....

    Also, since your link is to CBS in Washington, it would seem that at some level the Washington press did report it. No traction because most people's reaction was probably the same as mine - "Who?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #16
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It doesn't mean that it shouldn't necessarily be brought up, although the newsworthiness of a back-bencher who's been out of Congress for almost 20 years is suspect. I didn't know his name then, I haven't heard it since, and my first thought was "Who the hell is that?"

    I actually thought it might be Tom Reynolds who represented a district near my old hometown. I should have realized that you wouldn't have mentioned him since he's an (R). But at any rate, I only knew who he was because it was a local thing before I moved.
    Yes, it is insignificant as to who this individual is today, but the fact remains that this is a (D) congress critter, pardoned by Clinton, a pedophile that was in the ranks of (D) congress critters that we never seem to hear about when (R) congress critters get caught cheating on their wives, or diddling interns while in....

    Consider the fate of Gerry Studds. Caught red handed sexually abusing underage pages in the congress. Not only was he not kicked out by demo's, but he was given a standing ovation on the congress floor, for his "courage", and continued to be re elected until 1997.

    What a joke....All demo's seem to do is hold their opponents to standards they feel they don't have to abide by.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #17
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    As with almost everything here, it comes down to partisanship. If he were a Repub, most conservatives here would be running to deflect attention onto Bill Clinton. Even your comment on the article is highly partisan, then 5 posts in you're decrying partisanship.
    If he was a Repub, there would be nothing to deflect because Clinton wouldn't have done anything for him back then.

  8. #18
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Also, since your link is to CBS in Washington, it would seem that at some level the Washington press did report it. No traction because most people's reaction was probably the same as mine - "Who?"
    Oh yeah, they reported it....AP did a story, this was a reprint of it....If it were a paper it'd probably be on pg A23 or something.... I guess I am just getting old......
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #19
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,179

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh yeah, they reported it....AP did a story, this was a reprint of it....If it were a paper it'd probably be on pg A23 or something.... I guess I am just getting old......
    Is NBC mainstream enough for you?

    Former U.S. Congressman Arrested in Zimbabwe - NBC News

    Right on my home page which directs to MSN.com. I fail to see how this equals "not covered."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,179

    Re: Former U.S. Congressman Reynolds Arrested in Zimbabwe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, it is insignificant as to who this individual is today, but the fact remains that this is a (D) congress critter, pardoned by Clinton, a pedophile that was in the ranks of (D) congress critters that we never seem to hear about when (R) congress critters get caught cheating on their wives, or diddling interns while in....
    He wasn't pardoned, his sentence was commuted.

    Consider the fate of Gerry Studds. Caught red handed sexually abusing underage pages in the congress. Not only was he not kicked out by demo's, but he was given a standing ovation on the congress floor, for his "courage", and continued to be re elected until 1997.

    What a joke....All demo's seem to do is hold their opponents to standards they feel they don't have to abide by.
    So this whole thing is about feeding your persecution complex? I should have known.

    Gerry Studds is another "Who?" Where's your outrage when it is a Republican? Oh yeah, YOU only care if it's a Democrat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •