Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 146

Thread: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

  1. #41
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    No, I just said it wasnt.
    But, in your view, apparently it should be.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,243

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    ...

    Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes - Feb. 14, 2014
    Tom Perkins suggested Thursday that only taxpayers should have the right to vote -- and that wealthy Americans who pay more in taxes should get more votes.
    I get the sentiment but there is that bothersome Constitution ... but that's becoming less of an impediment these days so we'll see.

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Not as many as there are to vilify anyone without a job.
    Really? I wonder what a quick review of the threads and news stories might reflect.

    Personally...I dont vilify people that CANT work. I'm not overly fond of people that refuse to work nor those that bitch about how unfair life is and how they cant find work while immigrants come here daily and prove that they can. Im also pretty dismissive of those that run around pretending the wealthy have knocked them into the mud and stole their pennies and caused them to be complete and total ****ing failures in life. And of course...there isnt a ton of love for people that would rather sit on mommies couch and bitch about how unfair life is and those that cant spell 'business' thinking they somehow know how better to set up and operate a business. But "anyone" that doesnt have a job? Nah...

  4. #44
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? I wonder what a quick review of the threads and news stories might reflect.

    Personally...I dont vilify people that CANT work. I'm not overly fond of people that refuse to work nor those that bitch about how unfair life is and how they cant find work while immigrants come here daily and prove that they can. Im also pretty dismissive of those that run around pretending the wealthy have knocked them into the mud and stole their pennies and caused them to be complete and total ****ing failures in life. And of course...there isnt a ton of love for people that would rather sit on mommies couch and bitch about how unfair life is and those that cant spell 'business' thinking they somehow know how better to set up and operate a business. But "anyone" that doesnt have a job? Nah...
    You had a presidential candidate write off 47% of the population as a bunch of deadbeats, but it's the rich who are getting a bad rap. OKAY.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You had a presidential candidate write off 47% of the population as a bunch of deadbeats, but it's the rich who are getting a bad rap. OKAY.
    We have a president who has written off the constitution, but it is the people not in power who get a bad rap.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #46
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    We have a president who has written off the constitution, but it is the people not in power who get a bad rap.
    The rich ARE in power.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #47
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The rich ARE in power.
    The Democrats...I know.

    EDIT: I take that back...the democrats and republicans are both funded by the rich and are in power.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #48
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    The Democrats...I know.
    John Boehner and Ted Cruz aren't rich?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    John Boehner and Ted Cruz aren't rich?
    I was already editing it before your response...yes, they are.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #50
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I was already editing it before your response...yes, they are.
    Yes, the moneyed interests, D and R, always hold the levers of power.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •