Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 146

Thread: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

  1. #101
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Funny how you guy's play pretend with this. If a mere 1000 SAT score was required to vote, Republicans would win 85-15.
    So the teabagging for Jesus lady voted Democrat? Wow....

    Prove it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #102
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,635

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    So that's a no on those sources?
    Oh no...theres plenty of evidence supporting immigrant progression and successes.

    http://www.fiscalpolicy.org/immigran...I-20120614.pdf

    Immigrants outpacing the general population in owning small businesses: study
    Nearly one half of small businesses in New York City are owned by immigrants

    Read more: Immigrants outpacing the general population in owning small businesses: study* - NY Daily News

    Immigrants now own 1 in 6 businesses

    Immigrants Own One in Six Small Businesses in U.S. | TIME.com

  3. #103
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So the teabagging for Jesus lady voted Democrat? Wow....

    Prove it.
    Love how you people claim racism and bigotry at every turn, but "teabagging" quips and making fun of Christians is all perfectly OK.

    Not a stitch of integrity among you.

  4. #104
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Love how you people claim racism and bigotry at every turn, but "teabagging" quips and making fun of Christians is all perfectly OK.

    Not a stitch of integrity among you.
    Are Teabaggers a race? What about Christians, which race are they?

    Can't prove your assertion about SAT scores can you?

    (Also, if you want to show me where I made fun of Christians or teabaggers, go for it. I make fun of idiots. Some of whom happen to be Christians or teabaggers.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Are Teabaggers a race? What about Christians, which race are they?

    Can't prove your assertion about SAT scores can you?

    (Also, if you want to show me where I made fun of Christians or teabaggers, go for it. I make fun of idiots. Some of whom happen to be Christians or teabaggers.)
    Are gays a race? You seem to like to claim racism/bigotry toward them. By the way, teabagging is a gay thing, right? More hypocrisy.

    There is a huge segment of highly educated, successful people that are Christians, but you like to reduce them to the dumb lady you saw on a show one time.

    We're getting way off track here, so I'm out.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh no...theres plenty of evidence supporting immigrant progression and successes.

    http://www.fiscalpolicy.org/immigran...I-20120614.pdf

    Immigrants outpacing the general population in owning small businesses: study
    Nearly one half of small businesses in New York City are owned by immigrants

    Read more: Immigrants outpacing the general population in owning small businesses: study* - NY Daily News

    Immigrants now own 1 in 6 businesses

    Immigrants Own One in Six Small Businesses in U.S. | TIME.com
    Interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that those business owners are still a minority among immigrants in this country, especially immigrants that come here with nothing. It doesn't change the fact that millions of people are working very hard for a non-living wage, and aren't capable of surviving without assistance from the government. Not everybody wants to be or can be a business owner. Society will always have a large group of people that work for the minority of people that own the businesses, and the needs of those people need to be considered too. The rich are still getting richer, the poor are getting poorer and the middle class is shrinking. Immigrants having a slightly higher tendency to start their own businesses does not mean that the millions of impoverished and ever shrinking middle class are just not working hard enough. In fact, worker productivity has gone up. People are working harder, and for less money.

  7. #107
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,635

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that those business owners are still a minority among immigrants in this country, especially immigrants that come here with nothing. It doesn't change the fact that millions of people are working very hard for a non-living wage, and aren't capable of surviving without assistance from the government. Not everybody wants to be or can be a business owner. Society will always have a large group of people that work for the minority of people that own the businesses, and the needs of those people need to be considered too. The rich are still getting richer, the poor are getting poorer and the middle class is shrinking. Immigrants having a slightly higher tendency to start their own businesses does not mean that the millions of impoverished and ever shrinking middle class are just not working hard enough. In fact, worker productivity has gone up. People are working harder, and for less money.
    The vast majority if immigrants, legal and otherwise, come here and find work and opportunity. They dont come here, lay about, steal resources, and complain about how unfair life is.

  8. #108
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Are gays a race? You seem to like to claim racism/bigotry toward them. By the way, teabagging is a gay thing, right? More hypocrisy.

    There is a huge segment of highly educated, successful people that are Christians, but you like to reduce them to the dumb lady you saw on a show one time.

    We're getting way off track here, so I'm out.
    I never claim "racism" against gays. Learn to read.

    If you think teabagging is a gay thing, you've got a lot to learn.

    Where did I reduce all Christians to one dumb lady? I did make fun of the dumb lady, but even you admit she's dumb. Is it bigoted against Chrisitians to think dumb people are dumb? I am a Christian, but you'd rather lump me in with all the atheists because thinking is hard. Then you claim you're smarter than me? You don't understand that people living in cities get the same number of votes as those in the country, but you can't understand how winning rural areas didn't win the election? Like land votes or something?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The vast majority if immigrants, legal and otherwise, come here and find work and opportunity. They dont come here, lay about, steal resources, and complain about how unfair life is.
    So you don't think it's a problem that so many people don't earn enough money from their jobs to survive without government assistance? Your solution seems to be that everybody can just work harder and look for opportunity, and then everybody in society can be above working for 8 dollars an hour at Walmart. That's ridiculous, though, because those jobs need to be and WILL be filled by desperate people that cannot find work anywhere else, largely because corporations like Walmart put so many people out of business. There are not enough high paying jobs to go around, and there will always be a need for low/bottom tier workers, and those people need to be able to get by too. Not everybody is smart, skilled or clever enough to climb up in society and work an awesome job. Not everybody is in a situation where they CAN move up. Millions of people and climbing are trapped in poverty for a plethora of different reasons. Implying that poor people just aren't trying hard enough is a ridiculously ignorant blanket statement.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Tom Perkins' big idea: The rich should get more votes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I never claim "racism" against gays. Learn to read.
    No, but you claim bigotry, which is the word I used. Learn to read.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •