Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 355

Thread: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial[W:336]

  1. #191
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Just how in the world do you compare being offended, to that of a deadly threat?

    That makes no sense.
    Dunn reacted to offensive music, and seems to have created a situation by doing so...he then fired 9 shots onto the vehicle of those who offended him.

    The offenders are guilty of playing loud music. Dunn is guilty of hilling someone.


    These are simple facts...unless I am missing something here.

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,684

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Accordingly...should this be federal law.

    If I am offended, and then decide I feel threatened.....I am free to kill you?
    You have to realize that excon ignores all evidence and takes what the defendant in this case says as truth. what a defendant says isn't evidence it is testimony. evidence is based in fact. testimony is the opinion of the person giving it. testimony is weighed against the evidence shown to reveal the truth.

    Dunn got mad because a kid cussed him out. no one in the car or any other witness can back up dunn's story and there is plenty of real evidence including the fact that dunn has changed his story that says the opposite.

    words are not threats no matter how much excon would like to believe they are. they are at least not threat enough to use deadly force with.
    you are wasting your time.

    dunn claims that one of the kids in the car threatened him and that he "supposedly" saw a gun or something in the car.
    there is no evidence to support this. this is just what he said.

    however the guy was so upset about what happened that he went back to where he was staying ordered a pizza walked the dog.
    got up and left the next morning to head home.

    didn't call the police to report the crime or anything else.
    Last edited by ludin; 02-19-14 at 10:49 PM.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Dunn reacted to offensive music, and seems to have created a situation by doing so...he then fired 9 shots onto the vehicle of those who offended him.

    The offenders are guilty of playing loud music. Dunn is guilty of hilling someone.


    These are simple facts...unless I am missing something here.
    Yeah you are missing a lot.


    He politely asked the individuals to turn the music down. They did.

    Davis then became incensed at Dunn for asking and started threatening to kill him.
    Brandished what appeared to be a weapon and then started getting out of the vehicle to carry through with the threat he made.

    That is clearly Davis crating the situation that lead to his death. From his taking offense to his friend honoring a polite request in turning down the music, to his making verbal threats with acts to carry through with the threat. Dunn reacted to that threat. Which clearly was not about music, but the threat to his life.

    Your version was nothing other than incorrect spin.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #194
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    You have to realize that excon ignores all evidence and takes what the defendant in this case says as truth. what a defendant says isn't evidence it is testimony. evidence is based in fact. testimony is the opinion of the person giving it. testimony is weighed against the evidence shown to reveal the truth.

    Dunn got mad because a kid cussed him out. no one in the car or any other witness can back up dunn's story and there is plenty of real evidence including the fact that dunn has changed his story that says the opposite.

    words are not threats no matter how much excon would like to believe they are. they are at least not threat enough to use deadly force with.
    you are wasting your time.
    And again; Stop making this personal. I am not the subject.

    Regardless. Nothing you said was correct.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,684

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again; Stop making this personal. I am not the subject.

    Regardless. Nothing you said was correct.
    your statements are if you don't like being called out on it don't post in the thread.
    you can keep saying I am wrong all you want to all I have to say is
    3 attempted murders guilty.

    what weapon? no weapons were found anywhere. as I said you take dunns word 100% and ignore all other evidence.
    talk about a myopic view.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    your statements are if you don't like being called out on it don't post in the thread.
    Contest the statement then, not me. Or do you really not know the difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you can keep saying I am wrong all you want to all I have to say is
    And you are wrong. The evidence even says you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    3 attempted murders guilty.


    Do try to focus, that matters not to the charge of killing Davis.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    what weapon? no weapons were found anywhere. as I said you take dunns word 100% and ignore all other evidence.
    talk about a myopic view.
    A weapon didn't have to be found. The prosecution has to prove one didn't exist and can't do that because of the evidence. Do you really not understand that?
    And to your bs claim of ignoring? It is bs as there is no reliable evidence that says otherwise.
    Last edited by Excon; 02-19-14 at 11:03 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,684

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Contest the statement then, not me. Or do you really not know the difference.
    I am.

    And you are wrong. The evidence even say s you are wrong.
    Nope not really as the only and it isn't even evidence the only testimony that you are going on is dunn's. you see we have more than just dunn's testimony.
    you have ignored 99% of it. why? because it shows what dunn really is. a hot head with a gun that shot a kid because he was cussing him out and calling him names.
    that is not enough to kill someone over.

    testimony =/= evidence as testimony can be countered with evidence.

    so if you have evidence please show me.

    where is the gun?
    prove that the medical examiner lied along with forensic testing which shows that davis was shot sitting down in a car moving away from the door.
    prove with anything other than what dunn said happened since his story is well crap and he couldn't even tell it straight the 2nd time.

    you say everyone is wrong wrong wrong then please present something or anything other than dunn said. please. so far you have failed to do so.
    evidently people on the jury didn't believe him in some fashion. maybe others did as I read now since he did attempted homicide with a gun minimum he gets is 60 years.
    maybe they left that was enough.



    Do try to focus, that matters not to the charge of killing Davis.
    ol yea he is being retried for that one. in the end he shot at innocent people and the jury convicted him of it. they didn't believe his self defense story just as they shouldn't.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I am.
    No you were not.
    The following is you discussing me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    You have to realize that excon


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Nope not really as the only and it isn't even evidence the only testimony that you are going on is dunn's. you see we have more than just dunn's testimony.
    Wrong. There is no such requirement.
    The requirement is that the Prosecution prove he did not act in self defense.
    What she does not and can not disprove stands.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you have ignored 99% of it.
    Wrong. I haven't ignored any of it.
    Or do you not know that putting it into proper perspective in toto of the whole evidence is proper?


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    why? because it shows what dunn really is. a hot head with a gun that shot a kid because he was cussing him out and calling him names.
    that is not enough to kill someone over.
    Nothing but the manifestations of your own imagination.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    testimony =/= evidence as testimony can be countered with evidence.
    And you are again showing you know not of what you speak.
    Testimony is evidence. Try educating your self on the law.
    That is why it is called testimonial evidence. Duh!
    That is why a person who is arrested its told that what they say, can and will be used against them, because it is evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    so if you have evidence please show me.

    where is the gun?
    Dunn's account is evidence that there was a gun. It is evidence that the prosecution must disprove beyond a reasonable doubt.
    He does not have to show or provided anything more than that.
    And because of Davis's friends actions, and that of a witness that saw one of them in what appeared to be stashing something, coupled with the driver calling his aunt instead of completing a call to 911, and her then coming into the area, and the police not looking until days later, you have all the makings that the gun really did exist and was stashed. And that is what you are ignoring as it has been pointed out several times now.



    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    prove that the medical examiner lied along with forensic testing which shows that davis was shot sitting down in a car moving away from the door.
    Why are you so confused about this?
    No one said she lied. It was said that her conclusions were based on faulty information. Do you really not understand that?
    Garbage in, garbage out.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    prove with anything other than what dunn said happened since his story is well crap and he couldn't even tell it straight the 2nd time.
    More imaginative bs from.
    Dispute his account with actual evidence and not your imagination.



    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you say everyone is wrong wrong wrong
    I point out where people are wrong. Just like I do for you.
    Pay attention and you may just learn something.



    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    then please present something or anything other than dunn said. please. so far you have failed to do so.
    I have present the evidence as known. I need not provided anything other than that.
    Do you really not understand that?


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    evidently people on the jury didn't believe him in some fashion.
    Two wanted acquittal from the start.
    One came around to that viewpoint.
    A very major accomplishment when the weight and resources of the state are brought down upon a person.


    And the one speaking out made it clear she was not following the law. Dunn did not have to take any other action.
    So if that is any indication of where the other jurors are at, it is a good thing they were hung, because at least one who wanted him found guilty wasn't following the law.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    maybe others did as I read now since he did attempted homicide with a gun minimum he gets is 60 years.
    maybe they left that was enough.
    Oy vey!
    I see you haven't been paying attention.

    They had no choice but to find guilty because they were required to determine these charges separately.
    As Davis's friends did nothing to provoke the gunfire coming their direction.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    ol yea he is being retried for that one. in the end he shot at innocent people and the jury convicted him of it. they didn't believe his self defense story just as they shouldn't.
    Your narrative is off as to "he shot at".
    He shot at the threat. And that threat was Davis.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,684

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No you were not.
    The following is you discussing me.
    do not be dishonest and cut off the quote. I said excon believes. that is your thoughts and what you think not you.

    Wrong. There is no such requirement.
    The requirement is that the Prosecution prove he did not act in self defense.
    What she does not and can not disprove stands.
    he didn't according to the evidence submitted by the prosecution and the testimony of all witnesses including dunn himself.

    Wrong. I haven't ignored any of it.
    Or do you not know that putting it into proper perspective in toto of the whole evidence is proper?
    yes you have because you have yet to present anything that backs up any argument you have made here other than dunn said. which is well not an argument.

    Nothing but the manifestations of your own imagination.
    ad hominen irrelevant to a debate.

    Dunn's account is evidence that there was a gun. It is evidence that the prosecution must disprove beyond a reasonable doubt.
    there was no gun. so that has been disproven. if you say there was a gun prove it by something other than what dunn "claimed".

    He does not have to show or provided anything more than that.
    wrong. he has to supply enough evidence to make himself believable. in fact he saw what he appeared to be a barrel that doesn't make it a gun. the fact he didn't tell his g/f that there was a gun. none of the kids in the car said they had a gun and no gun was found.

    And because of Davis's friends actions, and that of a witness that saw one of them in what appeared to be stashing something, coupled with the driver calling his aunt instead of completing a call to 911, and her then coming into the area, and the police not looking until days later, you have all the makings that the gun really did exist and was stashed. And that is what you are ignoring as it has been pointed out several times now.
    that is what they claimed of course they were probably ducking because they were being shot at. so again non-reliable testimony that would cause them to be shot at.
    no you don't prove it.

    Why are you so confused about this?
    No one said she lied. It was said that her conclusions were based on faulty information. Do you really not understand that?
    Garbage in, garbage out.
    prove it. if you can't prove it with anything other than dunn said then you can't prove it therefore her information is accurate. do you not understand that. the arguments in a debate are much higher than a defense. if you want to make an assertion that this is a fact then you have to be able to supply the evidence to prove it.
    if you can't then your point is invalid.

    More imaginative bs from.
    Dispute his account with actual evidence and not your imagination.
    They did during the trial which is why the majority of jury members found him guilty of murder they just couldn't convince the others.

    I point out where people are wrong. Just like I do for you.
    Pay attention and you may just learn something.
    wrong. is the only thing you can say because you can't back up any of your statements.

    I have present the evidence as known. I need not provided anything other than that.
    Do you really not understand that?
    No you have presented what 1 guy said. a debate has a much higher call of evidence than so and so said so you are wrong.


    Two wanted acquittal from the start.
    One came around to that viewpoint.
    A very major accomplishment when the weight and resources of the state are brought down upon a person.
    not really still means that 9 people found him guilty of murder.

    And the one speaking out made it clear she was not following the law. Dunn did not have to take any other action.
    So if that is any indication of where the other jurors are at, it is a good thing they were hung, because at least one who wanted him found guilty wasn't following the law.
    yes they were. they didn't believe his self defense story. that is following the law. you assume because someone goes he threatened me he gets off.
    that isn't how it works. reasonable force is required. someone cussing at you is not enough to invoke deadly force no matter where you are at.

    Oy vey!
    I see you haven't been paying attention.

    They had no choice but to find guilty because they were required to determine these charges separately.
    As Davis's friends did nothing to provoke the gunfire coming their direction.


    Your narrative is off as to "he shot at".
    He shot at the threat. And that threat was Davis.
    yea because he was guilty something you claim he wasn't.

    no he shot 9 times 3 or 4 of the bullets didn't hit anywhere near davis they hit the front passenger door. davis was in the back. the next 3 shot hit davis and killed him.
    the next 3 shots hit the back of the car and one almost hit the driver in the back of the head.

    kind hard to say you are in self defense mode when the kid can't get out of the car and is shot sitting down.

    manslaughter next jury if they can find one that isn't tainted.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    If there was a gun, Dunn's actions after the shooting has led to his being convicted

    Had he stayed and reported the shooting, the police would have come and then would have searched for the gun right away.

    Since no gun was found, his claims of self defense dropped as a valid viewpoint in the jurors minds leading to his conviction.

    That of course is if a shot gun was actually there of course.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •