Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 355

Thread: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial[W:336]

  1. #181
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    that only applies to the threat involved it does not include innocent bystanders you are wrong. if you shoot an innocent bystander you are not immune for that action.
    Wrong.
    The law applies to the act.
    If you are acting in self defense, that act can not be used to charge you with any crime stemming from that act.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    again incorrect but you don't care so it doesn't matter. you try what you propose in florida and you will go to jail just like dunn is going to jail for attempted murder.
    Wrong.
    The law in Florida, which has the reasonable man standard written into it, only requires that the response/reaction; ie: the action that the defendant is on trial for; be a reasonable.
    Nothing other than that.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no there isn't even that. that is the theory by the defense attorney that the gun was stashed. that is not evidence. it is his theory. just as it is dunn's testimony not evidence that there was a gun (which no one found).
    That is circumstantial evidence.
    The guys actions.
    Seen by a witness as looking like one was stashing something.
    The driver contacting his aunt instead of completing a call with 911, and her later coming into the area.
    The cops not looking until four days later.
    Yes that is circumstantial evidence to the claim that a gun existed.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you seem to think dunn is completely credible even though his story has a ton of holes in it and he is the only one with that account other witnesses discredit dunn's testimony.

    You seem to think his account has been discredited, when it hasn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    so we have multiple people saying the opposite of dunn including people that were in the car they are all wrong and dunn is right even though what he said has proven to be in-accurate.
    Actually, no you don't.
    Davis's friends were not credible and they even contradicted each other o key points (which isn't the same as not remembering the retelling of an account), as well as not being able to confirm or deny the the threats made by Davis because the music was too loud for them to hear. Go figure, huh?
    And folks do not understand why the Jury didn't return a verdict on murder? Sheeesh.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    on top of that he fled the scene of a crime.
    And?
    There is no requirement that he needs to stick around.
    And his account jibes with human behavior. Especially one who has experienced a traumatic event.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no evidence presented by the defense supports dunn's theory.
    Wrong.
    Dunn's account is evidence.
    Not on him to prove it, but on the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it didn't happen as he said it did.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    i am done with you. you are wrong. you can be charged with other crimes this case was a proven fact charged with attempted murder and convicted for shooting at innocent people.
    stand your ground only protects you from the existing threat. it is not an umbrella over all your other actions more so when you start being negligent with what you are doing.

    so evidently the jury felt he was negligent by shooting at innocent bystanders IE people in the car. so again you lose.

    good luck getting away with shooting at innocent people. you will be sent to jail.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    i am done with you. you are wrong.
    You are done with me because you are wrong. That is clear.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it is not an umbrella over all your other actions
    Either you are being purposely obtuse or you do not undersdtand what was stated.
    Read the law.
    The immunity is granted to the actions. You can not be charged with any crime over them.
    As MaggieD used in her scenario, not even if the bullet you shot your attacker with went through him and into a babies head.
    Your self defense actions are immune from criminal prosecution as well as civil action.

    776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
    (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
    (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
    (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
    History.—s. 4, ch. 2005-27.

    Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine


    What exactly do you think this means?


    (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force,
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #184
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    The guy reacted to common and simple freedoms our country allows (listening to preferred music), by killing someone with a gun. It is unimportant if he did so out of racial motivation, insanity, or the belief in unicorns....he is guilty of attempted (and committed) homicide.

    This man should be removed from my society.

  5. #185
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    It also answers why his g/f was driving and not him. i think he was partly drunk or still buzzed from the wedding.
    Wasn't she drinking too?

    This might sound sexist and I have the highest respect for women but a consideration is some women get lost easily when driving in unfamiliar areas. I've none unscientific research and have deternimed a significant number of ladies cannot tell you which way is north, south, east or west in their own city; let alone a city where they're only visiting. Besides, Dunn once lived in Jacksonville.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  6. #186
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    The guy reacted to common and simple freedoms our country allows (listening to preferred music), by killing someone with a gun.
    That isn't what happened.

    And of interest to your absurd statement: Our society does not allow anybody to violate the privacy of another's space with ear rumbling, car shaking music.
    His politely asking them to turn down the music, was in accord with societal values. Davis's reaction to that was not.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #187
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That isn't what happened.

    And of interest to your absurd statement: Our society does not allow anybody to violate the privacy of another's space with ear rumbling, car shaking music.
    His politely asking them to turn down the music, was in accord with societal values. Davis's reaction to that was not.
    Was his violent and deadly reaction equally according to societal norm...if so, we are screwed.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Was his violent and deadly reaction equally according to societal norm...if so, we are screwed.
    You mean his response to a perceived deadly threat? Well, to at least three on the jury, it absolutely was.
    And had the jury been instructed not to consider supposed other choices (as the law does not make that a requirement) there may have been more who actually followed the law.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #189
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You mean his response to a perceived deadly threat? Well, to at least three on the jury, it absolutely was.
    And had the jury been instructed not to consider supposed other choices (as the law does not make that a requirement) there may have been more who actually followed the law.
    Accordingly...should this be federal law.

    If I am offended, and then decide I feel threatened.....I am free to kill you?

  10. #190
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Dunn convicted of attempted murder; hung jury on murder in 'loud-music' trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Accordingly...should this be federal law.

    If I am offended, and then decide I feel threatened.....I am free to kill you?

    Just how in the world do you compare being offended, to that of a deadly threat?

    That makes no sense.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •