Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 376

Thread: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

  1. #161
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I think accepting that racist crimes take place every day, in schools, prisons and the streets, is common knowledge.
    Yes, you think. You can't substantiate it though.

    You, however, are claiming a vast conspiracy theory to cover up the black revolution.
    I am claiming nothing such, other than a disparity in media reporting.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #162
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Tell the truth, you are dodging my question. Where in the OP do I call for violence? I don't and that is why you are running from the question. See this is what happens when you get caught in a lie.
    Anyone with half a brain can see what you were doing.

    1. Present emotionally charged story of blacks attacking a white.
    2. Claim that whites never attack blacks, we "know" because it would be national news.
    3. Claim that blacks attacking whites is being suppressed in the media.

    That is the standard-form call to violence found in every racist organization in America.

    If you actually gave a crap about the story, you would not have used the standard form rhetoric of inciting racial violence.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 02-16-14 at 11:12 AM.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's a common misperception. The fact is, I've seen no evidence that the shooting, when it first happened, was reported as a white on black crime

    Race only became an issue when Martin's parents, and their supporters, claimed that the lack of prosecution was racially motivated. You're reasonable. Do you really think the media should report how a group of people are claiming the govt acted in a racially biased manner without saying anything about race?

    IOW, the crime itself, which wasn't a racial issue, was not reported as a racial issue. The protests about the lack of prosecution, which was a racial issue, was reported as a racial issue. What's the problem with that?
    You must be kidding. That case was racially charged from the get go!

  4. #164
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,661

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's a common misperception. The fact is, I've seen no evidence that the shooting, when it first happened, was reported as a white on black crime

    Race only became an issue when Martin's parents, and their supporters, claimed that the lack of prosecution was racially motivated. You're reasonable. Do you really think the media should report how a group of people are claiming the govt acted in a racially biased manner without saying anything about race?

    IOW, the crime itself, which wasn't a racial issue, was not reported as a racial issue. The protests about the lack of prosecution, which was a racial issue, was reported as a racial issue. What's the problem with that?
    The initial lack of prosecution, and the eventual failure of that prosecution to yield a conviction, was evidenced based and not racially based. When a person that is witnessed being beaten, shows clear injuries from that beating and then shoots their attacker that is far different than a random shooting of a kid skipping home from the store with Skittles and tea. The only evidence of racial profiling in that case was Martin describing Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracker" - Zimmerman only mentioned race in response to a direct question from the police dispatcher, although MSNBC desperately tried to imply otherwise.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #165
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The initial lack of prosecution, and the eventual failure of that prosecution to yield a conviction, was evidenced based and not racially based. When a person that is witnessed being beaten, shows clear injuries from that beating and then shoots their attacker that is far different than a random shooting of a kid skipping home from the store with Skittles and tea. The only evidence of racial profiling in that case was Martin describing Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracker" - Zimmerman only mentioned race in response to a direct question from the police dispatcher, although MSNBC desperately tried to imply otherwise.
    Exactly, the general perception that the crime itself was racially motivated was entirely manufactured by mainstream media outlets such as NBC.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #166
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Ok, the Trayvon/Zimmerman people have arrived. This thread is done.


    I hope it was a learning experience for some. Be on the lookout for this call to violence and remember, it includes three main aspects:

    1. A story to make one angry.
    2. A claim of white innocence ("it would be national news if a white hurt a black person!!11!!").
    3. A claim of secret, violent, black revolution.

    Note that 2., above, asserts that someone will become famous if they do take action. It's a claim of innocence and an incentive for those who would take action.


    And have a good day.

  7. #167
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ignored what reporting?
    AFAIK, they did not report the race of either Martin or Zimmerman when the crime initially occurred. They only reported the race when they reported on how people were complaining about the lack of prosecution being racially motivated


    No, what they did was purposefully accentuate the racial aspect of the crime through purposeful editing of 911 calls.



    Not in the least, and this is nothing even remotely related to my point. Are you going to continue to be dishonest here?
    So you agree that the media should report the race of those involved when a people are claiming that the govt acted in a racially biased manner, yet when the media reports the race of those involved in a racial issue, you think it's wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #168
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You must be kidding. That case was racially charged from the get go!
    SO you think that Zimmerman shot Martin because he was black!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    SO you think that Zimmerman shot Martin because he was black!
    Very funny.

  10. #170
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The initial lack of prosecution, and the eventual failure of that prosecution to yield a conviction, was evidenced based and not racially based. When a person that is witnessed being beaten, shows clear injuries from that beating and then shoots their attacker that is far different than a random shooting of a kid skipping home from the store with Skittles and tea. The only evidence of racial profiling in that case was Martin describing Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracker" - Zimmerman only mentioned race in response to a direct question from the police dispatcher, although MSNBC desperately tried to imply otherwise.
    We are not discussing the Martin shooting itself. We are discussing the media's coverage of crime and racial issues.

    When the Martin shooting was initially reported, it was not reported in a racial manner because, for the reasons you mention, it was not a racial issue. IOW, the media did not demonstrate any racial bias in its initial reporting of the crime.

    The media only began discussing race when people started protesting the lack of prosecution and claimed that it was a racial issue. Since you agree that the media should discuss race when reporting a racial issue, then how does the media discussing race while reporting on protests over a racial issue indicate that the media is biased on racial issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •