Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 376

Thread: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

  1. #91
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are wrong to presume I am ignorant. I know of the statistics you speak. I know them just a well as you do.

    And they have nothing to do with the fact that the OP is, without a doubt, a standard-form call to violence. While Sawyer might not know what he was doing, it's apparent to anyone of sufficient intellectual capacity.
    I didn't read his post as a call to violence at all. Pointing out unequal application of the law and unequal treatment of criminal acts based upon the color of a persons skin is EXACTLY what people should do when they notice this or any other kind of hypocrisy.

  2. #92
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I didn't read his post as a call to violence at all.
    I'm not surprised that you support the OP.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Go figure? It's called socioeconomics. One would think an adult would have at least heard of the term.
    No. What was provided were stats.
    You are trying to excuse the behavior those stats represent by saying it is socioeconomic.
    Regardless of your argument of socioeconomic, which could be considered when attempting to prevent crime, once the crime happens you deal with it as a crime. Not make excuses for it.

    And we can see where we are at by the stats.
    Last edited by Excon; 02-16-14 at 09:34 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #94
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    And they have nothing to do with the fact that the OP is, without a doubt, a standard-form call to violence.
    Seeing what appears to be a call for more accurate reporting, as a call to violence, is pretty weird.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #95
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are wrong to presume I am ignorant. I know of the statistics you speak. I know them just a well as you do.

    And they have nothing to do with the fact that the OP is, without a doubt, a standard-form call to violence. While Sawyer might not know what he was doing, it's apparent to anyone of sufficient intellectual capacity.
    What I took from the OP is America's (at least it's media) tendency to ignore reality when it comes to black on white racially motivated crime. I'm further bemused by the idea that acknowledging one fact somehow detracts from another fact. We do not dilute the horror of crimes of the past by correctly assessing the crimes of the present, nor are crimes of the past any excuse for crimes of the present.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm not surprised that you support the OP.
    Not sure what that is supposed to mean, but if you posted a better counter argument I would likely support you. But so far, you haven't.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No. What was provided was stats.
    You are trying to excuse the behavior those stats represent by saying it is socioeconomic.
    Regardless of your argument of socioeconomic, which could be considered when attempting to prevent crime, once the crime happens you deal with it as a crime. Not make excuses for it.

    And we can see where we are at by the stats.
    When blacks commit this type of crime its socioeconomics. (Thus they get a pass) When whites commit this type of crime its a hate crime. That is why hate crime statistics are irrelevant.

  8. #98
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Not sure what that is supposed to mean, but if you posted a better counter argument I would likely support you. But so far, you haven't.
    I've explained things clearly and you either refuse to see it or are incapable. Your claim of being willing is either BS or simply beyond your capacity.

  9. #99
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    When blacks commit this type of crime its socioeconomics. (Thus they get a pass) When whites commit this type of crime its a hate crime. That is why hate crime statistics are irrelevant.
    You obviously do not understand hate crime legislation. You rail against it in the typical ignorant racist way.

  10. #100
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: ‘Knock That White Boy Out’: Arrests Made After Mob Of Teens Attack Disabled Vet

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What I took from the OP is America's (at least it's media) tendency to ignore reality when it comes to black on white racially motivated crime.
    You are the one ignoring reality and substituting conspiracy theory that intends to support violence against blacks. You're ignorant of the context, the rhetoric and the obvious underlying claims.


    Combining emotionally charged stories such as this, with claims that whites never do anything to blacks, is a standard-form call to violence employed in every racist group.

    There's a reason why stories about elderly vets being abused are combined with this CT claim. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out... it incites violence.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 02-16-14 at 09:39 AM.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •