Page 98 of 133 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #971
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The group selected was done so in order to prevent bias in the study. This has been explained to you over and over.



    No, this is a complete fabrication. The homosexual group was not undergoing any treatment whatsoever. In fact, this was a requirement for being part of her study. A member could not be in therapy, could not have received previous psychological treatment, could not have bee in prison, and could not have shown any significant disturbance. Your information is a compete falsehood.



    Nope. This is untrue.



    Since what you claim did not occur, your objections are irrelevant.
    So to get this straight. You claim previous studies were biased because the control group was selected from only mental health patients and criminals. This study selected control it's control group from only those who were not mental patients or criminals and all from the same organization. So previous studies and this one all pre-selected their homosexual control groups, none from a general sampling of the population. If one study is biased, then the same measure must be applied to all studies. If one study is corrupted because it's control group was not selected from the general population, then all studies that did not select it's control group from the general population must be equally considered corrupted. I am applying the same measure to all the studies, equally, without consideration of the desirability of the results.

    A group, dedicated to promoting ethical behavior is not a form of group therapy? So groups like AA and other support groups are not forms of group therapy? Since all of them are dedicated to changing/controlling adverse behaviors, then I would call that a form of group therapy.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #972
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    not for someone who simply wants attention.
    Finally, you admit what all these posts of yours are all about.

    It's a start.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #973
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    It wasn't really covered at all, because the speciousness lies in the fact that if procreation were actually germane to the discussion, then it would be incumbent upon you to apply this argument to all instead of just cherry picking. As such, you are only indulging in a red herring due to your prejudice.
    Not really ... procreation is germane in that over hundreds of thousands of years humans decided to formalize an arrangement between different genders in order to maintain the species.

    Given that, attempts to minimize that historical reality by equating inability to procreate because of physical limitations, with what nature never intended to be possible, seems like something I'd expect you wouldn't want to do.

    Or maybe you ARE saying being gay is an abnormal human condition.

    Is that it?

  4. #974
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Please explain to me how I am a socialist,
    this ought to be fun.

    Again I say, how is SSM not being legal going to change the fact there are still gays raising children and there are still gay couples. None of what you have said matters to that fact.
    That was just an example.
    You must be something.
    Whatever you are you can plug it in.

  5. #975
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    That was just an example.
    You must be something.
    Whatever you are you can plug it in.
    Again, I believe in people having their choices. I may not agree with them and if the state can show cause why something should not be legal that's fine. The states have no case as to why SSM shouldn't be legal.

    The dominoes are falling against the anti-SSM crowd and the SCOTUS will be the final nail in the coffin for them.

  6. #976
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, I believe in people having their choices. I may not agree with them and if the state can show cause why something should not be legal that's fine. The states have no case as to why SSM shouldn't be legal.

    The dominoes are falling against the anti-SSM crowd and the SCOTUS will be the final nail in the coffin for them.
    Great, now I can go after marrying my cousin, my uncle, or my father in law. Isn't equal protection great?

  7. #977
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Or maybe you ARE saying being gay is an abnormal human condition.

    Is that it?
    No -- I was merely rejecting the dishonest logical fallacies you have crafted because of your prejudice and pointing out the hypocrisy inherent in the selective way you apply principles.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #978
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, I believe in people having their choices. I may not agree with them and if the state can show cause why something should not be legal that's fine. The states have no case as to why SSM shouldn't be legal.

    The dominoes are falling against the anti-SSM crowd and the SCOTUS will be the final nail in the coffin for them.

    I know ... you said that.
    Some States may conclude that given human history, marriage was never meant to accommodate same gender couples.
    Other States may conclude for their own reasons that they should. Doesn't mean the reasons will be the noblest.

  9. #979
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    No -- I was merely rejecting the dishonest logical fallacies you have crafted because of your prejudice and pointing out the hypocrisy inherent in the selective way you apply principles.
    You did reject it but you didn't point out any hypocrisy.
    Focus on the gender component of traditional marriage and why it's been that way.
    Should be obvious.

  10. #980
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, now I can go after marrying my cousin, my uncle, or my father in law. Isn't equal protection great?
    If the state can't show a case to make it illegal, sure. Yes, it is great, but then I know you are against freedom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •