Page 97 of 133 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #961
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,267

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Is procreation a requirement for marriage? No, it isn't. ... .
    It's a requirement for survival of the species.
    And some form of marriage is the tradition that grew up to try to assure that survival.
    But it's specious to claim that, say, if one or both partners in a traditional marriage is infertile then the original purpose for marriage is invalidated.

  2. #962
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    It's a requirement for survival of the species.
    And some form of marriage is the tradition that grew up to try to assure that survival.
    But it's specious to claim that, say, if one or both partners in a traditional marriage is infertile then the original purpose for marriage is invalidated.
    Yes, it's a requirement for survival of the species, but do you really think denying gays the right to marry is going to make them say "Oh man, since I can't get married, I'm going to go find someone of the opposite sex and marry them and procreate"?

    Therefore procreation and "the survival of the species" is completely IRRELEVANT to the discussion of SSM. Whether SSM is legalized or not, you will have gays that are STILL GAY.

  3. #963
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, and how many different posters have responded to me?
    People always get lots of responses if they say things that are stupid, hateful or wildly dishonest.

    ......even more when they manage the trifecta.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #964
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,267

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, it's a requirement for survival of the species, but do you really think denying gays the right to marry is going to make them say "Oh man, since I can't get married, I'm going to go find someone of the opposite sex and marry them and procreate"?

    Therefore procreation and "the survival of the species" is completely IRRELEVANT to the discussion of SSM.
    Whether SSM is legalized or not, you will have gays that are STILL GAY.
    Only if you consider it irrelevant that despite a structure having been created by a species in order to advance their species you want to ignore that development of hundreds of thousands of years.
    Look at it this way... you're a Socialist ... would you think it's right to change the definition of Socialism just because one day you didn't think the Federal Government should own major industries anymore?
    Or would you find another group to belong to?

  5. #965
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Only if you consider it irrelevant that despite a structure having been created by a species in order to advance their species you want to ignore that development of hundreds of thousands of years.
    Look at it this way... you're a Socialist ... would you think it's right to change the definition of Socialism just because one day you didn't think the Federal Government should own major industries anymore?
    Or would you find another group to belong to?
    Why do you think I shouldn't be able to marry the woman of my choice?

    At my age, any prospective spouse would be beyond child-bearing years and so I do not understand why you would discriminate against us.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #966
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,267

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Why do you think I shouldn't be able to marry the woman of my choice?

    At my age, any prospective spouse would be beyond child-bearing years
    and so I do not understand why you would discriminate against us.
    Covered earlier in #961

  7. #967
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Covered earlier in #961
    It wasn't really covered at all, because the speciousness lies in the fact that if procreation were actually germane to the discussion, then it would be incumbent upon you to apply this argument to all instead of just cherry picking. As such, you are only indulging in a red herring due to your prejudice.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #968
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You also were one of the ones that said they wouldn't strike DOMA IIRC as well, how did that work for you?

    Equal protection? Bull****, if SSM were legalized, YOU could marry someone of the same sex too. Equality.

    No matter, I will toast to you and the other anti-SSM people (especially in Texas) when it happens, happily knowing YOU lost.
    Really? Post for me my quote about DOMA? By the way since obviously DOMA was struck down by the SC and DOMA defined Marriage then this thread is actually a waste of time

    The Equal Rights argument is typical liberalism, you don't like current law because it interferes with what you want to do you fight it and take it to court, find some activist judge to give you what you want. Sounds like spoiled little children to me.

  9. #969
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Why do you think I shouldn't be able to marry the woman of my choice?

    At my age, any prospective spouse would be beyond child-bearing years and so I do not understand why you would discriminate against us.
    You want to marry someone of your sex and want the title of being married, then move to a state that allows it. Simple solution but not for someone who simply wants attention.

  10. #970
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Only if you consider it irrelevant that despite a structure having been created by a species in order to advance their species you want to ignore that development of hundreds of thousands of years.
    Look at it this way... you're a Socialist ... would you think it's right to change the definition of Socialism just because one day you didn't think the Federal Government should own major industries anymore?
    Or would you find another group to belong to?
    Please explain to me how I am a socialist, this ought to be fun.

    Again I say, how is SSM not being legal going to change the fact there are still gays raising children and there are still gay couples. None of what you have said matters to that fact.

Page 97 of 133 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •