Page 92 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #911
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    what do you want to bet there will never be a constitutional amendment against gays LMAO

    if it happens ill let you be in control of my avatar and sig for a whole year


    longer if you want

    but i get the same in return


    you in??

    what are you afraid of?
    Against gays? of course not, but there will be one defining marriage. You and your ilk are forcing it.

  2. #912
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And if you lies there, then what?
    Why? because there is a lot of passion on this issue on both sides, the only way to solve it is to change the Constitution and put it there

  3. #913
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why? because there is a lot of passion on this issue on both sides, the only way to solve it is to change the Constitution and put it there
    What if you lose? There would be no need to change. There is no need. None.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #914
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What if you lose? There would be no need to change. There is no need. None.
    There is a lot of passion on this issue and a lot of religious people in this country that believe this is a religious issue. I happen to support that belief but if I lose it will be like the abortion issue. I will live with it and let people that support it handle it somewhere in the future when they meet God.

    Make no mistake about it, this is going to be a Constitutional Amendment

  5. #915
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, interesting, all I see here are state issues and yet 12 states authorize SSM. You are so sure you have a winning hand here support a Constitutional Amendment and let's see what happens. What are you afraid of?
    Rectifying a great wrong takes time, which is itself regrettably a new wrong, but take a look at all those states added in recent years. Now how many went from legal SSM to illegal? Yeah zero. I'm not afraid of anything, merely calling out lunacy. In fact, i'd like for a national vote on this. That's how confident i am it would turn out right now, instead of wait 12-18 months for SCOTUS.

  6. #916
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Rectifying a great wrong takes time, which is itself regrettably a new wrong, but take a look at all those states added in recent years. Now how many went from legal SSM to illegal? Yeah zero. I'm not afraid of anything, merely calling out lunacy. In fact, i'd like for a national vote on this. That's how confident i am it would turn out right now, instead of wait 12-18 months for SCOTUS.
    You call it rectifying a wrong and that is your opinion. what apparently is wrong is it isn't in the Constitution and thus based upon the passion you have for this issue should be. that requires a Constitutional Amendment. What are you afraid of? Constitutional Amendments aren't ratified by a national vote.

  7. #917
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)My fear? LOL, I have no fear
    2.) there are much more important issues to me than SSM.
    3.) I do believe in God, I do believe in the sanctity of marriage, the tradition of marriage
    4.) the fact that marriage is defined in the bible and that is well within my right.
    5.) You don't like it, that is your problem
    6.) I don't like your position either but that is my problem.
    6.) The way forward on an issue that raises this much passion is to actually define marriage and to do that at the Federal Level it is going to have to be with a Constitutional Amendment.
    1.) and yet you KEEP dodging so your posts prove there is a fear. You STILL havent answered the questions
    2.) yet here you are lol
    3.) i believe in god too, and what is the sanctity and tradition of marriage for me, all 100% meaningless to legal marriage
    4.) yes RELIGIOUS marriage may be defined in your bible and that definition is meaningless to legal marriage and your religion doesnt get to decide marriage for others that is thier right
    5.) i have no problem with what your religious beliefs are, thats another failed straw man of yours. Do you have any points that matter or are accurate and factual? because you religious belifs are meaningless to this topic.
    7.) yes its obvious you dont like and have a problem with the law and equal rights
    8.) the way forward is already happening. equal rights is winning, if you dont like it thats is your problem

    let me know when you are ready to answer the question and you stop dodging it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #918
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Who?????

  9. #919
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is a lot of passion on this issue and a lot of religious people in this country that believe this is a religious issue. I happen to support that belief but if I lose it will be like the abortion issue. I will live with it and let people that support it handle it somewhere in the future when they meet God.

    Make no mistake about it, this is going to be a Constitutional Amendment
    And they can continue to believe and practice their religion. But until we become a theocracy, they can't dictate their beliefs on others.

    So, aspire to be Iranian. Embrace the religious freedom of America.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #920
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)Against gays? of course not, but there will be one defining marriage.
    2.)You and your ilk are forcing it.
    1.)translation: you are scared to take the bet because you now equal rights is winning
    2.) lol another lie you keep posting and nobody honest and educated buys it. Nothing is being forced
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 92 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •