Page 89 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #881
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It does matter, sexual orientation isn't a civil right, race is. Yours is a very slippery slope because you do have the same rights as I have, to marry anyone of the opposite sex that will have you
    Yeah well, that's just your opinion man, and shove that "right" to marry the opposite sex. By that logic, you have the same right to marry the *same* sex as i do, so stop whining and get to it!

    Some day you will grow up and realize that your attempts to distinguish race from sexuality are pathetic. No one worth knowing is going to agree with you on that, not in 2014.

  2. #882
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I thought you were done? still dodging the questions though

    1.) yes i noticed that, why do you have such an anti-gay rights passion when it should be such a non issue
    2.) that is 100% factually false. A marriage contracted has no equal and many parts of it cant be duplicated in anyway. Not to mention even an attempt do duplicated would fail for two factual other reasons
    A.) theres no such thing as equal but separate
    B.) civil unions and domestic partnerships have already been proven not to be as equally binding and concrete or absolute. For two reasons they are not marriage and there is 1000s of court cases establishing court precedents for them.

    facts win again and prove you wrong

    3.) still dodging the questions i see, history will not be impacted and is meaningless nor will tradition. If you disagree AGAIN answer the question and please explain to us all what factual tradition will be destroyed

    4.) its an EQUAL rights issue and yes some rulings have mentioned civil rights. If you dont like that you can always write a letter to all the judges that disagree with you and all thier rulings that disagree with you to. They will probably laugh as hard as we do.

    5.) marriage is a right SCOTUS said so 14 times, you lose
    it doesnt have to be in the constitution LOL this is another straw man that always fails.

    can you show me where it says you have the right not to get raped in the constitution? lol

    it doesnt need your support, its winning without you

    6.) 12????
    uhm its 21 and agreement is meanignless

    7.) i can get married in all the states because i have my rights, gays are now fighting for theirs BUT you bring up a great point.

    Some of the victories/and fights for equal rights happened because of people doing exactly what you said. People were married in one state and another state tried to not recognize it lol

    8.) nobody cares those bigots and or people that support discrimination dont get a say as we are finding out and when people fight for equal rights its winning

    9.) those poll numbers are 100% meaningless and id say you have 5 years max before equal rights is national, so get ready.

    also just to educated you further on this topic since you are obviously not educated on this topic here is a recent update, might have some mistakes in it but it will help you get caught up


    2/13/14 Version 5.0

    21 States with Equal Rights (2 in stay)

    Massachusetts - May 17, 2004
    Connecticut - November 12, 2008
    Iowa - April 27, 2009
    Vermont - September 1, 2009
    New Hampshire - January 1, 2010
    Washing D.C. - March 9, 2010
    FALL OF DADT Dec 18, 2010
    New York - July 24, 2011
    Washington - December 6, 2012
    Maine - December 29, 2012
    Maryland - January 1, 2013
    FALL OF DOMA - June 26, 2013
    California - June 28, 2013
    Delaware - July 1, 2013
    Rhode Island - August 1, 2013
    Minnesota - August 1, 2013
    New Jersey - October 21, 2013
    Hawaii - December 2, 2013
    New Mexico – December 19, 2013
    Utah – December 20. 2013 Currently Stayed and will be ruled on with OK)
    Oklahoma - Currently Stayed and will be ruled on with UT)
    GSK v. Abbott Laboratories - January 21, 2014 (could be huge in gay rights, discrimination/heightened scrutiny)
    Kentucky - February 2/14/14 (Must recognize out-of-state marriages) which will lead to their ban being defeated
    Virginia - February 2/14/14
    Illinois - June 1, 2014 effective

    18 States Working Towards Equal Rights

    11 States with Pending Court Cases to Establish Equal Rights
    Alaska (Suit to be filed this month)
    Idaho
    Louisiana
    Michigan (Feb 2014 Trial)
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Pennsylvania (June 14 Trial)
    South Carolina
    Tennessee (Direct US Constitution Challenge)
    Texas (Jan 2014 Trial, Direct US Constitution Challenge)
    West Virginia

    4 States with Court Case(s) and Legislation to establish Equal Rights
    Arizona
    Arkansas (Decision Pending and 2016 ballot)
    Nevada
    Ohio (December 2013 trial) Trial had narrow ruling that ohio will recognize OTHER state marriages but didn’t impact bans. New cases expected.

    3 States with Legislation to Establish Equal Rights
    Colorado
    Florida
    Oregon

    thats 39 states that could have equal rights by 2016 and some much sooner!

    Also 3 State Attorney Generals no longer defending the constitutionality of bans, joining the case against them or reviewing their constitutionality
    Pennsylvania
    Virginia
    Nevada
    LOL, interesting, all I see here are state issues and yet 12 states authorize SSM. You are so sure you have a winning hand here support a Constitutional Amendment and let's see what happens. What are you afraid of?

  3. #883
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't get it, do you. The Supreme Court has no say over a passed Constitutional Amendment, NONE

    Here is why this isn't a civil rights issue

    http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader$1178
    I want whatever you're smoking to think that a federal amendment is even remotely plausible and for you to actually *want* to enshrine our constitution with such bigotry

  4. #884
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)That is your opinion
    2.) show me marriage defined in the Constitution or any other Federal document.
    3.)It is a state issue and that is where it belongs.
    4.)You want to make a federal issue
    5.) then put it in the form of a Constitutional Amendment. What are you afraid of?
    1.) lol nope thats what the courts have ruled many times now. WOuld you like the rulings referring to equality and equal rights. I will gladly provide these facts
    2.) doesnt need to be in the constitution. I always laugh when people think this straw man works on anybody educated and honest.

    show me in the constitution where it says you have the right not to be raped, cant do it can you? see how mentally retarded that type of question is

    3.) wrong, see #1 individual rights are not state issues

    4.) i cant make it anything, its not up to me but you can keep posting this lie if you want lol Individual rights are a federal thing

    5.) not afraid of anything i just understand the fact that this isnt a vote issue.

    I wouldn't support voting on guns rights or allowing rape either and fear has nothing to do with it lol

    wow this is getting easier and easier
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #885
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, yes, such passion for something that really is a non issue. Civil unions will provide exactly what SS couples want but no you and others have to go against history and tradition claiming the bogus argument of a violation of your civil rights. If you can show me where marriage is a civil right and defined in the Constitution then I will support your cause. It isn't and I don't

    12 or so states agree with you, you want to be married, move to one of those states. North Carolina voted 61 percent in favor of traditional marriage. You aren't going to win as muchof the country as you think as I have posted those poll numbers many times.
    Please don't pretend to support civil unions either. Not buying it. This is also like straight out of the pages from mormonism '08, bald faced lies. Civil unions are in no way shape or form equivalent to marriage. Look up "colored" drinking fountain. Heck, do anything but hold hands over ears and you might learn something that the rest of us have the past 5 years.

  6. #886
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)LOL, interesting, all I see here are state issues and yet 12 states authorize SSM.
    2.)You are so sure you have a winning hand here support a Constitutional Amendment and let's see what happens. What are you afraid of?
    1.)nope not state issues and you need to count again as facts prove your number of 12 is factually wrong, lol facts prove you wrong again
    2.) i see you are clinging to this strawman, again fear is a non factor. Ill just repeat the answer that destroys your post again

    "not afraid of anything i just understand the fact that this isnt a vote issue. I wouldn't support voting on guns rights or allowing rape either and fear has nothing to do with it"

    also i noticed you dodged and ran from all the questions again? i wonder why, "what are you afraid of" lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #887
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I want whatever you're smoking to think that a federal amendment is even remotely plausible and for you to actually *want* to enshrine our constitution with such bigotry
    That is the only way to put a stop to this bull****. You show me where Marriage is defined in the Constitution and I will support your position. It isn't but based upon all the threads here and the passion you and others have for it, maybe it should. Put a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage and let's see how it goes. What are you afraid of?

  8. #888
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Please don't pretend to support civil unions either. Not buying it. This is also like straight out of the pages from mormonism '08, bald faced lies. Civil unions are in no way shape or form equivalent to marriage. Look up "colored" drinking fountain. Heck, do anything but hold hands over ears and you might learn something that the rest of us have the past 5 years.

    I do support Civil Unions, offered them to my employees. How many employees have you ever had? This entire argument is bull**** and the only way to solve it is through a Constitutional Amendment, what are you afraid of?

  9. #889
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is the only way to put a stop to this bull****. You show me where Marriage is defined in the Constitution and I will support your position. It isn't but based upon all the threads here and the passion you and others have for it, maybe it should. Put a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage and let's see how it goes. What are you afraid of?
    I know where equal protection under law is defined in the Constitution.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #890
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)nope not state issues and you need to count again as facts prove your number of 12 is factually wrong, lol facts prove you wrong again
    2.) i see you are clinging to this strawman, again fear is a non factor. Ill just repeat the answer that destroys your post again

    "not afraid of anything i just understand the fact that this isnt a vote issue. I wouldn't support voting on guns rights or allowing rape either and fear has nothing to do with it"

    also i noticed you dodged and ran from all the questions again? i wonder why, "what are you afraid of" lol
    Well if it isn't a state issue, then show me where marriage is defined in the Constitution because it is the Constitution that defines federal issues?

Page 89 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •