Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #841
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I foresee the next five years being a very confusing time for you.
    Since you don't have a lot of credibility I don't take what you foresee as of much of a concern.

  2. #842
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted but your opinion conflicts with the vote. In one of the most liberal states in the nation, California, 52% of the people voted against SSM and that was overturned by an activist court. People vote different that the polls show so if what you say is true, it isn't reflected in the majority of the states or even some so called SSM bastions.
    Dude that was back in *2008* and CA is hardly liberal by any definition. No legal drugs? No assisted suicide? A republican actor governor? No gay rights until 2013?? That is hardly a record to hang one's hat on.

    But you can throw around "activist court" until the cows come home, if a vote were held in CA today, gay marriage would pass *easily* At the very least admit the momentum is clearly headed in one direction. 4/5 of under 30 year olds support gay rights, so i'm rather baffled at how you expect this to be reversed by any means, much less a federal amendment. The same prejudiced old farts who couldn't accomplish that a decade ago are dying off, and their bigotry with them.

  3. #843
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yeah, but like, North Carolina.
    I'm glad you mentioned this, because i very nearly forgot the north carolina vote, that's how long ago it was.

  4. #844
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Dude that was back in *2008* and CA is hardly liberal by any definition. No legal drugs? No assisted suicide? A republican actor governor? No gay rights until 2013?? That is hardly a record to hang one's hat on.

    But you can throw around "activist court" until the cows come home, if a vote were held in CA today, gay marriage would pass *easily* At the very least admit the momentum is clearly headed in one direction. 4/5 of under 30 year olds support gay rights, so i'm rather baffled at how you expect this to be reversed by any means, much less a federal amendment. The same prejudiced old farts who couldn't accomplish that a decade ago are dying off, and their bigotry with them.
    Hey, dude, California is bankrupt and that makes it liberal. You are such an expert on what everyone else would do so why bother even discussing it here. You believe you are going to win, sit back and watch it happen. With all the problems facing this country there is no question that SSM is Number One

  5. #845
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned this, because i very nearly forgot the north carolina vote, that's how long ago it was.
    61% of the people in N.C. voted against SSM, the polls were a lot closer than that

  6. #846
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    And everyone in existence has been diagnosed and none lead happy lives? Ok, got you.



    No. You said:



    I gave you an example of a behavior common to male homosexuals that causes "distress and dysfunction". You are just trying to deflect from the fact that it does in fact cause "distress and dysfunction".

    So, in accordance with your own statement, "For something to be considered a mental illness it needs to cause distress and dysfunction" and the fact that anal sex, which is a common behavior of male homosexuals, does cause distress and dysfunction, which is proven by the fact that medically is known to cause injury and dysfunction, then you are, in fact, saying that homosexuality is a mental illness. When your statements, that have been quoted here, are taken together, that is the meaning they express.
    I have never experienced distress or dysfunction from anal sex. If you are concerned about that region of humanity you probably should seek to ban toilets. They are directly linked to hemorrhoids and other rectal problems. Using a toilet is very unnatural for humans. Countries that do not have toilets tend to only have incidents of hemorrhoids in pregnant women.

  7. #847
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    duh....not 100% of humans are cannibals. keep flailing and failing

    using that ****ed up logic, serial killing is normal since 100% of serial killers kill a series of people. child molestation is normal since 100% of child molestors molest kids. rape is normal since 100% of rapists rape people.

    I hope you can see how stupid that line of reasoning is.....
    Yes, Duh. You cannot use statistical norm to decide if homosexuality is abnormal, THat is stupid line of reasoning. You are wrongly trying to use math and ethnocentrism to show sexual orientation as normal or abnormal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  8. #848
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Yes, Duh. You cannot use statistical norm to decide if homosexuality is abnormal, THat is stupid line of reasoning. You are wrongly trying to use math and ethnocentrism to show sexual orientation as normal or abnormal.
    duh, not too smart are you. that is my entire frelling point. normal or abnormal is irrelevant when discussing whether or not homosexuality is "good" or "bad". and it is an undeniable fact that statistically homosexuality is abnormal.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #849
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    61% of the people in N.C. voted against SSM, the polls were a lot closer than that
    wouldnt matter if it was 80%

    just like interracial marriage when 80+ of the country was against it

    when push comes to shove, equal rights is winning and very soon SCOTUS is going to rule and make it national.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #850
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    wouldnt matter if it was 80%

    just like interracial marriage when 80+ of the country was against it

    when push comes to shove, equal rights is winning and very soon SCOTUS is going to rule and make it national.
    It does matter, sexual orientation isn't a civil right, race is. Yours is a very slippery slope because you do have the same rights as I have, to marry anyone of the opposite sex that will have you

Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •