Page 80 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #791
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Total fox.

    I find this news deeply disheartening. I hope she's kidding.
    The several posters who are claiming it was obvious all along ... I have no idea what the hell they're talking about.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #792
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The several posters who are claiming it was obvious all along ... I have no idea what the hell they're talking about.
    Nor I. I never got that impression. Then again, my gheydar maybe doesn't work so well with the fairer sex. Women are an odd lot.

  3. #793
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Yup. It is called the Diagnostic Statistical Manuel of Mental Disorders. It is the actual book that is used by psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers to diagnose mental illness. And the terms of "psychopath" and "sociopath" fall under Antisocial Personality Disorder. As I said, refer to the DSM. Did I mention that I am a mental health professional, and this is my field? I would be happy to educate you in it further if you have any other questions,.
    And everyone in existence has been diagnosed and none lead happy lives? Ok, got you.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It sounds to me like you have a problem with anal sex, not homosexuality. There are vastly more heterosexuals that practice anal sex in the United States than there is even homosexuals in the country.
    No. You said:

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It is considered normal because people can be happy and functional even if they are gay. That is the evidence which led to homosexuality being removed as a mental illness. For something to be considered a mental illness it needs to cause distress and dysfunction and homosexuality does not.
    I gave you an example of a behavior common to male homosexuals that causes "distress and dysfunction". You are just trying to deflect from the fact that it does in fact cause "distress and dysfunction".

    So, in accordance with your own statement, "For something to be considered a mental illness it needs to cause distress and dysfunction" and the fact that anal sex, which is a common behavior of male homosexuals, does cause distress and dysfunction, which is proven by the fact that medically is known to cause injury and dysfunction, then you are, in fact, saying that homosexuality is a mental illness. When your statements, that have been quoted here, are taken together, that is the meaning they express.
    Last edited by DVSentinel; 02-19-14 at 03:15 AM.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #794
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    This thread is such a HUGE success! It shows EXACTLY why, sadly in 2014, it is unfortunately still an isses when people come out. The NEWS chose to make an issue out of it because OBVIOUSLY it is an issue lol This thread proves that.

    Its brave to come out for anybody in 2014 still and its even more brave for her being a young Oscar nominee.

    All one has to do is look at this thread and all the crying and hatred and bigotry and fear and panic of equal rights for gays. Its hilarious and a perfect examples.
    most of this thread reads just like this
    EQUAL RIGHTS IS WINNING I HATE IT, EQUAL RIGHTS IS WINNING RUUUUN!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #795
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Marriage has been defined throughout history as a union between a man and a woman. History and I support that definition as does the majority
    Appeal to tradition. Just because something has been one way neither makes it correct nor makes it apply to the present.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #796
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I posted the poll numbers by state that support SSM, you must have missed it. suggest better research.
    I've posted numbers that show that the population as a WHOLE supports SSM. I suggest better research.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #797
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not by state and that is what matters. Gallup is a national poll and the loons in California, New York, and other leftwing states with population are skewing the poll. The only poll that matters is the state poll
    No, the only poll that matters is the national poll. Just because certain rightist states remain opposed doesn't alter the fact that the majority of the population supports SSM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #798
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    She also excluded criminals. Basically, she took her sampling from not only those doing group counseling, but from the same group counseling group. All of her test group had already received a form of psychological counseling concerning homosexual behaviors, the subject she was studying. She sanitized her group. She could not of picked a better group to prove her theory. That is not how it is supposed to work.
    Actually, for her hypothesis, that is EXACTLY how it is supposed to work. She needed to choose people from both groups who were neither criminals nor had a psychological diagnoses. If they had the latter, it would be a confound. That was the point of the study.

    This would be the equivalent of picking only those who self-identified, with no criminal or mental health history from Alcoholics Anonymous and study their behavior after being in AA to determine "normal" behavior of alcoholics.
    No it wouldn't. It would be equivalent to the following: choosing a group of people in AA and a group of people not in AA, making certain that no member of either group had either a criminal history or a mental health history and seeing if there was a difference between the two groups in mental health. THAT'S the analogy. Yours is incorrect.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #799
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Welcome to this line of argument.

    Since he has not adequately answered the question initially posed, then perhaps you can. Why, among person's displaying sexual preference for other than sexually mature members of the opposite sex, is homosexuality the only case where those persons are not identified as displaying abnormal or aberrant behavior?
    Clarify your question. It seems to have nothing to do with what I posted.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #800
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Correct, not all homosexuals do, but all male homosexuals do and if homosexuality is aberrant in males, then it should also be aberrant in females of the same species.
    Not all male homosexuals practice anal sex. Depending on the study, somewhere between 33% to 42% do not. Homosexuality is not defined by a behavior. As I said, your argument fails.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •