Page 8 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #71
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I pray that she is able to overcome her temptation and find the love of Christ instead of living a life enslaved to her temptations and living bound to sin.
    And I will hope that you get over the fact that people are born straight and people are born gay, and it has nothing to do with any "god".

    Go ahead and pray...the rest of us will do the thinking.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #72
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    My first reaction: "Who?"

    My second reaction: "Oh, yeah, her. She's cute."
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #73
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,935

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Not bad to look at. Would be great if she turned out to still be human instead of a liberal.
    ???

    .........

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    And I will hope that you get over the fact that people are born straight and people are born gay, and it has nothing to do with any "god".

    Go ahead and pray...the rest of us will do the thinking.
    Oh, goody. Then be sure to think through the difference between your opinion and facts and which one your claim that "people are born straight and people are born gay" is.

    From The Atlantic:

    In short, we don't really know where human sexual orientations come from yet. What we do know is that the evidence we have that sexual orientation includes an innate component doesn't seem to point to the existence of simple "gay genes" and "straight genes." The best scientific argument we have for the innateness of straightness is that evolution obviously would favor it. http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...at-way/254592/

  5. #75
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Oh, goody. Then be sure to think through the difference between your opinion and facts and which one your claim that "people are born straight and people are born gay" is.

    From The Atlantic:

    In short, we don't really know where human sexual orientations come from yet. What we do know is that the evidence we have that sexual orientation includes an innate component doesn't seem to point to the existence of simple "gay genes" and "straight genes." The best scientific argument we have for the innateness of straightness is that evolution obviously would favor it. Are Straight People Born That Way? - Alice Dreger - The Atlantic

    OK, then god made people gay, which proves god isn't perfect.

    whatever works
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #76
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Hell, just ten years ago was practically a different world. I'm watching The Shield now, a cop show that came out in 2003 or 2004. In the first season the hero has blackmailed a fellow cop from reporting him to internal affairs for stealing drugs during a major bust. The rookie was gay and very much still in the closet, but the show's hero found out and threatened to expose him for being gay and destroy his career if he didn't retract his story. This is the show's hero, mind you.

    And for a real eye opener, check out Eddie Murphy's standup material from the 80s.
    I watched Raw a couple of weeks ago for the first time in probably 15 years. Holy crap, I had forgotten how much he made fun of gay people. That **** would NEVER fly today.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #77
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    So? IMO coming out now isn't nearly as brave as it was 5 or 10 years ago.
    I've known people who were openly gay all my life. I will admit that when one of sib's friends came out publicly at 16 (everybody who loved her, including all our parents, already knew) in a particularly splashy way, that was very thrilling. Of course, this was in the late '70's.

    I just don't care. Be who you are and be happy, but I'm really tired of the who's-gay game.

  8. #78
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,935

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Oh, goody. Then be sure to think through the difference between your opinion and facts and which one your claim that "people are born straight and people are born gay" is.

    From The Atlantic:

    In short, we don't really know where human sexual orientations come from yet. What we do know is that the evidence we have that sexual orientation includes an innate component doesn't seem to point to the existence of simple "gay genes" and "straight genes." The best scientific argument we have for the innateness of straightness is that evolution obviously would favor it. Are Straight People Born That Way? - Alice Dreger - The Atlantic
    How does your article contradict beefheart's post?

  9. #79
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    During that era good cars and gays were seldom seen, thus the term, "Good old days."
    Why are you so hateful?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #80
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Funny how she hasn't been in much lately and she suddenly decided to call a big press conference and come out.
    She's in the upcoming X-Men film.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 8 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •