Page 79 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #781
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's fine, but if you remember what I said earlier, that doesn't impact the idea of a Federal amendment because, once again, you don't have the numbers. And as I already said, the courts will eventually sweep up the states that have a problem understanding the importance of civil liberties (if the USSC doesn't do it first). I have no problems understanding that there will be holdout states.

    No matter how many times you attempt to derail me from the above facts by pointing out whichever state just happened to pass an amendment against gay marriage, it will still never change the fact that you don't have the numbers.
    No, sorry, you have no idea if I have the numbers or not and you totally ignore that a Constitutional Amendment over rules any court. You have no facts, you have opinions and are brainwashed by an ideology. I just pointed out that the polls in North Carolina prior to the vote were 45-44 in favor of the Amendment, the vote was over 61% for the amendment showing that people lied to the pollsters and do it all the time.

    You hand your hat on polls, I hang mine on the vote. I suggest a civics class to understand Constitutional Amendments and how they are ratified. You confuse a state constitutional amendment with a federal Constitutional amendment. Federal Constitutional Amendments trump the states and the courts. You aren't going to like the outcome

  2. #782
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, sorry, you have no idea if I have the numbers or not and you totally ignore that a Constitutional Amendment over rules any court. You have no facts, you have opinions and are brainwashed by an ideology. I just pointed out that the polls in North Carolina prior to the vote were 45-44 in favor of the Amendment, the vote was over 61% for the amendment showing that people lied to the pollsters and do it all the time.

    You hand your hat on polls, I hang mine on the vote. I suggest a civics class to understand Constitutional Amendments and how they are ratified. You confuse a state constitutional amendment with a federal Constitutional amendment. Federal Constitutional Amendments trump the states and the courts. You aren't going to like the outcome
    Okay.

    As I said, when it becomes a Federal amendment I'll spring for the margaritas and party horns.

  3. #783
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Okay.

    As I said, when it becomes a Federal amendment I'll spring for the margaritas and party horns.
    Well damn now I'm almost rooting for the FMA!

  4. #784
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well damn now I'm almost rooting for the FMA!
    Don't get too excited. I'm getting really crap tequila, because I'm a sore loser like that.

  5. #785
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly, we are a nation of laws and trying to make everything a civil right is something that will force the silent majority to speak up
    It is a lot more diverse majority than you might imagine.

  6. #786
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nonsense, I used birth deformities as an example of just how busted your argument was. Context, look into it and rejoin the discussion.
    Did you not declare that deformities are not normal? And you care so much about what is and is not classified as "normal". Obviously you don't like things that are not normal. You don't like homosexuality and you consider that not normal. So it would seem you do not like people who have deformities either because you don't consider them normal.

  7. #787
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Which can lead to, not always. Not all sociopaths engage in antisocial behavior or disregard the rights of others. Do you have any proof that all sociopaths do?
    Yup. It is called the Diagnostic Statistical Manuel of Mental Disorders. It is the actual book that is used by psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers to diagnose mental illness. And the terms of "psychopath" and "sociopath" fall under Antisocial Personality Disorder. As I said, refer to the DSM. Did I mention that I am a mental health professional, and this is my field? I would be happy to educate you in it further if you have any other questions,.

    So it exist outside of desires and impulses which are controlled by the Brain? Desire to participate in activities known to cause physical injury to others is not abnormal behavior? Knowing that longterm engagement in such acts can cause permanent injury to others is not abnormal?
    It sounds to me like you have a problem with anal sex, not homosexuality. There are vastly more heterosexuals that practice anal sex in the United States than there is even homosexuals in the country.

  8. #788
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    She's gay?! NO! Why do all the magically babelicious broads turn out to be gay. It's just not right.

    God should stop them.

    ****, what an unpleasant surprise.

  9. #789
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,893

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    She's gay?! NO! Why do all the magically babelicious broads turn out to be gay. It's just not right.

    God should stop them.

    ****, what an unpleasant surprise.
    I always thought she was attractive. She looks like an actual person, rather than some of the overly done-up Hollywood celebs.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #790
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I always thought she was attractive. She looks like an actual person, rather than some of the overly done-up Hollywood celebs.
    Total fox.

    I find this news deeply disheartening. I hope she's kidding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •