Page 70 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #691
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, the sampling was not an issue at all. It was done so BECAUSE of what the study was aimed towards. The people to be studied had to be people of each sexual orientation who were NOT involved in any kind of psychiatric treatment. Prior studies that "proved" that homosexuality was a mental illness, ONLY studied people who WERE in psychiatric treatment, a major confound as the members in the sample were KNOWN to have a mental illness. That's what distinguished Hooker's study: her sample. It could not be random in order to get accurate results.
    She also excluded criminals. Basically, she took her sampling from not only those doing group counseling, but from the same group counseling group. All of her test group had already received a form of psychological counseling concerning homosexual behaviors, the subject she was studying. She sanitized her group. She could not of picked a better group to prove her theory. That is not how it is supposed to work.

    This would be the equivalent of picking only those who self-identified, with no criminal or mental health history from Alcoholics Anonymous and study their behavior after being in AA to determine "normal" behavior of alcoholics.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #692
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You can't diagnose someone as a sociopath who does not exhibit the symptoms of a sociopath. This is Psychology 101.



    Not all homosexuals practice anal sex. Since homosexuality is not defined by anal sex, your argument fails.
    Welcome to this line of argument.

    Since he has not adequately answered the question initially posed, then perhaps you can. Why, among person's displaying sexual preference for other than sexually mature members of the opposite sex, is homosexuality the only case where those persons are not identified as displaying abnormal or aberrant behavior?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #693
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why do pplls even matter? IIRC approx 70% were against inter racial marriage.
    We are a nation of laws and a nation of 50 states. Marriage is a state issue not a Federal one but if you want to make it federal you will be going through the states and aren't going to like the outcome.

    How you coming on admitting that the Emancipation Proclamation didn't outlaw slavery but just freed the slaves?

  4. #694
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not all homosexuals practice anal sex. Since homosexuality is not defined by anal sex, your argument fails.
    Correct, not all homosexuals do, but all male homosexuals do and if homosexuality is aberrant in males, then it should also be aberrant in females of the same species.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #695
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Correct, not all homosexuals do, but all male homosexuals do and if homosexuality is aberrant in males, then it should also be aberrant in females of the same species.
    What an absolutely stupid, stupid statement.

    Not only do not all homosexual males indulge in anal sex, but a significant percentage of heterosexuals do engage in it as well.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #696
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We are a nation of laws and a nation of 50 states. Marriage is a state issue not a Federal one but if you want to make it federal you will be going through the states and aren't going to like the outcome.
    More importantly we have individual rights and States can not violate these rights. So like bans on interracial (federal court case FYI) so well go the bans on gay marriage.

    How you coming on admitting that the Emancipation Proclamation didn't outlaw slavery but just freed the slaves?
    If they are freed guess what that means?

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You can't diagnose someone as a sociopath who does not exhibit the symptoms of a sociopath. This is Psychology 101.
    So mental disorders do not exist unless they are diagnosed? There are not happy, law abiding sociopaths in society that have not been diagnosed?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #698
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Humans do all of that. There's nothing abnormal about it. Of course, rules of conduct are a separate issue, and animals certainly have those as well.
    wrong again. some few humans do that, it is outside of the statistical norm and therefore, just like homosexuality, being left-handed, having red hair, etc, etc, etc, "abnormal"

    you people seem to be making a false assumption that abnormal = bad/wrong

    A dude with an IQ of 250 is abnormal, doesn't mean that is a bad thing.....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #699
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    What an absolutely stupid, stupid statement.

    Not only do not all homosexual males indulge in anal sex, but a significant percentage of heterosexuals do engage in it as well.
    If they do not, then are they actually homosexuals? Or do they suffer from severe oral fixation which interferes with their ability to sexually function in any other capacity? I've never heard of someone who only engages in oral sex for their entire lifetime.

    Heterosexuals were referenced in previous post along that line.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #700
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    If they do not, then are they actually homosexuals? Or do they suffer from severe oral fixation which interferes with their ability to sexually function in any other capacity? I've never heard of someone who only engages in oral sex for their entire lifetime.

    Heterosexuals were referenced in previous post along that line.
    What about people that post ad nausieum about male anal sex?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •