Page 58 of 133 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #571
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    IMO, Sexual orientation is a personal choice not a civil right and those that want sexual orientation to be a civil right aren't going to like the outcome.
    Sexual orientation is sexual orientation. There's no "right" about it, it's just what someone is. You have no right to interfere with someone or infringe upon their rights regardless of sexual orientation. And when it comes to marriage, which this mostly does, the Marriage License is a government issued and recognized contract. The individual has right to contract. We're not talking about making sexual orientation a civil right, just that the rights of the individual be upheld uniformly.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #572
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not really so different, there isn't a federal marriage law because marriage is common law controlled by the states and that is where it belongs. I respect the Bill of Rights as well but unfortunately far too many are trying to make sexual orientation part of the Bill of Rights and they aren't going to like the outcome.
    Of course because marriage is a Tenth Amendment issue.

    I cant see how progressives (or gay marriage advocates) could possibly justify gay marriage via the Bill of Rights.

    I think the problem is that these gay marriage advocates don't give one damn about the Bill of Rights or Constitution just as long as they can have their cake and eat it.

    I think the Bill of Rights and Constitution take a back seat to their "social justice" or special interests.

  3. #573
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    I got a kick out of this. It was about as shocking as Clay Aiken coming out. Like it was something remotely close to a secret?

  4. #574
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I got a kick out of this. It was about as shocking as Clay Aiken coming out. Like it was something remotely close to a secret?
    She could also be lying tho too...... What a better way to get more work in progressive Holyweird if you're gay. Progressives enjoy promoting homosexuality, interracial marriages (between whites and blacks) and just about any fringe issue they can dream up or exploit.

  5. #575
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Won't change that there will still be some behaviors the group judges as not deserving of equal treatment or that should be banned in certain circumstances/situations. You asked for examples, I gave them to you.
    Okay, so I approached this from the wrong angle because the fact that other injustices or inequalities still exist does not legitimize doing so. It just means they have not been sufficiently challenged. What is the criteria we use to determine if a group is undeserving of equal treatment? Anti-social is not it.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #576
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Okay, so I approached this from the wrong angle because the fact that other injustices or inequalities still exist does not legitimize doing so. It just means they have not been sufficiently challenged. What is the criteria we use to determine if a group is undeserving of equal treatment? Anti-social is not it.
    I don't believe it's by group, but by individual behaviors. If I am getting it, what you're asking is how we determine special status groups (protected classes) under the Constitution. These are largely defined by the 1964 Civil Rights act and later Title IX.

  7. #577
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nonsense, I used birth deformities as an example of just how busted your argument was. Context, look into it and rejoin the discussion.
    Birth deformities (which is extremely objective) are 99% the result of gene mutations, anomalies or just the wrong batch of DNA....

  8. #578
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Birth deformities (which is extremely objective) are 99% the result of gene mutations, anomalies or just the wrong batch of DNA....
    Again, context. CriticalThought took my debunking of one of his posts, stripped the context, and then used it to make me out to be saying that folks with deformities are bad. It was a silly tactic.

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Okay, so I approached this from the wrong angle because the fact that other injustices or inequalities still exist does not legitimize doing so. It just means they have not been sufficiently challenged. What is the criteria we use to determine if a group is undeserving of equal treatment? Anti-social is not it.
    Injustices and inequalities?

    You do realize it takes someone of power to even commit those actions and the biggest authority in this Nation behind our governments committing these atrocities are the police, lawyers and appointed bureaucrats?

  10. #580
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    She could also be lying tho too.......
    It has been widely known that she is gay. This is not news.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •