Page 55 of 133 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #541
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just like redheads. I don't think we should let gingers marry.
    You do know that 'ginger' is a deragatory slur only to be used by redheads when speaking in terms of other redheads, right? I mean would you at least support civil unions for us?


    I am so sick of the war on redheads around here lately, I am sorry my red hair offends you but I was just born that way.







    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  2. #542
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    i love the "gays in the animal kingdom" argument. since we come from apes, clownboy, shouldn't you be able to point to "natural" homosexuality in ape species? or is that just too damaging to your entire argument?
    The info was posted and sourced already in this thread, look back. It seems those who foist that argument do so incorrectly. There is no exclusively homosexual behavior in apes.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay what is the "true" definition of the word normal?
    Per your request although I am sure you could look up the definition but as usual you are just looking for attention. still waiting for you to admit you are wrong on what outlawed slavery. That is probably too much to ask of a liberal

    nor·mal
    ˈ
    adjective

    1.
    conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

    synonyms: usual, standard, ordinary, customary, conventional, habitual, accustomed, expected, wonted; More
    ordinary, average, typical, run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, common, conventional, mainstream, unremarkable, unexceptional, garden-variety, a dime a dozen
    antonyms: unusual (of a person) free from physical or mental disorders.

  4. #544
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,020

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    You do know that 'ginger' is a deragatory slur only to be used by redheads when speaking in terms of other redheads, right? I mean would you at least support civil unions for us?


    I am so sick of the war on redheads around here lately, I am sorry my red hair offends you but I was just born that way.

    I'm sorry, I don't accept you were born that way. I know a woman who dyed her hair red. When she got tired of it she dyed her back again. Red-headedness is chosen.

  5. #545
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Whatever. It's a valid point and you know it. Judging, condemning, denying equal treatment, or equal freedom to live as they chose to anyone because you think their choice is not normal is not a valid justification
    Part of that is true and I haven't argued that it was a valid justification for denying "equal freedom to live". However, we do indeed judge and deny equal treatment for behaviors all the time and that is perfectly justified.

  6. #546
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Part of that is true and I haven't argued that it was a valid justification for denying "equal freedom to live". However, we do indeed judge and deny equal treatment for behaviors all the time and that is perfectly justified.
    People judge, agreed.

    I said equal freedom to live as they chose. There's a significant difference.

    Provide an example of someone lawfully being denied equal treatment based on a behavior where that behavior is not obviously harmful to another person.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #547
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't accept you were born that way. I know a woman who dyed her hair red. When she got tired of it she dyed her back again. Red-headedness is chosen.
    So you can choose the hair color you are born with or do you have to put in a temporary color to change it? She never "changed" her hair color, she simply painted it differently for awhile. Or did her hair start growing red when it was dyed?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #548
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It is considered normal because people can be happy and functional even if they are gay. That is the evidence which led to homosexuality being removed as a mental illness. For something to be considered a mental illness it needs to cause distress and dysfunction and homosexuality does not.
    So a sociopath that is happy and functional does not suffer from a mental illness? Really?

    You might do a medical search on the effects of anal penetration, of both male and females, not strictly homosexuals, it can cause distress and dysfunction. As a minimum it causes tearing, that is how HIV gets into the system of male homosexuals. Otherwise there would be no blood to blood or semen to blood conduit for it to pass.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #549
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    People judge, agreed.

    I said equal freedom to live as they chose. There's a significant difference.

    Provide an example of someone lawfully being denied equal treatment based on a behavior where that behavior is not obviously harmful to another person.
    Easy, recreational drug takers, nudists, anyone who behaves in what is considered (judged to be) "an anti-social manner". You can hide under the wandering definition of "equal treatment", but the heart of the matter is that people judge good and bad make the law accordingly.

  10. #550
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,020

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So you can choose the hair color you are born with or do you have to put in a temporary color to change it? She never "changed" her hair color, she simply painted it differently for awhile. Or did her hair start growing red when it was dyed?
    I dont...it was...I....red heads aren't normal!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •