Page 54 of 133 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #531
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,408

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    wrongo and a stupid pointless line of argument.

    by the standard definition, homosexuality is not normal. only a very small % of the population is homosexual, therefore homosexuality is definitely outside of the "norm" and is therefore not normal.
    Just like redheads. I don't think we should let gingers marry.

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It is a pointless argument because the logic is flawed. Unless those who make this accusation treat every human behavior that they consider "not normal" the same then they have no basis for applying it here. Think of how many things human beings do that are not "normal" that don't suffer the same judgment or condemnation. Not to mention the behaviors that have been judged this way that have benefited society as a whole. I think it is healthier to embrace the distinction.
    Yeah they are selectively applying value judgments to things that are of no consequence. In one case abnormal is good eg genius in another it is bad eg homosexuality.

  3. #533
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    As has been sourced and posted about the animal kingdom, the behavior that is abnormal is having only homosexual sex.
    i love the "gays in the animal kingdom" argument. since we come from apes, clownboy, shouldn't you be able to point to "natural" homosexuality in ape species? or is that just too damaging to your entire argument?

  4. #534
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just like redheads. I don't think we should let gingers marry.
    They can marry, just not have children.

  5. #535
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,315

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You do not get to define what is considered normal to other people. The more you try to control the thoughts of others by telling what they can and cannot consider normal the more apparent your desire for moral tyranny becomes.
    Nor do you, society defines what is normal and that may differ from what individuals think is normal. The gay and lesbian community is a very small minority in this country with a very vocal leadership and it is a leadership that is going to generate an outcome that they aren't going to like when a Constitutional Amendment is forced upon them defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

  6. #536
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just like redheads. I don't think we should let gingers marry.
    Let them eat carrots! I say!

  7. #537
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It's not a straw man it's an example of how flawed that argument is in the context of the debate on this issue.
    Swing and a miss. It is a stawman for many reasons, but at heart because it is a manufactured example that is nowhere realistic.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,315

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm married to a Beautiful Japanese girl who I have a son with.

    Because I stand up for individual liberty you attack me.

    You're a fraud, a fake, you're not a Small Government Conservative, you're a Republican Stooge only.

    Whatever they so goes for you including discrimination against gays.
    Anytime anyone challenges you it is a personal attack in your world. Keep up with the name calling, certainly no attack there. I am entitled to my opinion just like you so get over it.

    You now want to define individual liberty and anything else that you happen to believe in. Marriage is common law, defined by the states and has nothing what so ever to do with civil liberties or a civil right no matter how you want to view it. Change the laws as 12 or so states have done. Civil unions work fine for me and did during my working career. Those that want the title of married are nothing more than malcontents and people looking for publicity in my opinion

    Congratulations on being married to a beautiful woman. I was married to a beautiful woman for over 40 years. God now has her in His Kingdom and I miss her dearly

  9. #539
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    But it is normal for the lesbian whip tail lizard to have only homosexual sex.
    Get on back to us when we're talking about lesbian whip tail lizards and no your example isn't correct. They are part of a parthenogenic class of lizards. There is no homosexuality for them.

  10. #540
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Swing and a miss. It is a stawman for many reasons, but at heart because it is a manufactured example that is nowhere realistic.
    Whatever. It's a valid point and you know it. Judging, condemning, denying equal treatment, or equal freedom to live as they chose to anyone because you think their choice is not normal is not a valid justification
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •