Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #491
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    1,500 species disagree w/you. . .



    The only thing unnatural is the classifcation of members of the human species into "gays" and "straights", i. e. the notion that man confines its sexual interaction a priori to exclusively one of 2 genders.

    There is zero evidence in the non-human animal animal kingdom of such confinement, among all the species identified above--not one of those species is, for example, gay--mates w/only members of the same sex.

    It makes no sense at all that humans can claim that such a distinction exists when there's no evidence of it in other species.
    Considering that, human homosexuality IS indeed not normal and not natural.

  2. #492
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, especially if you said "very small percentage" instead of "certain percentage". However, if you said that homosexuality was normal sexual behavior you'd be wrong.
    Whatever

  3. #493
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    What now? Have the terms switched to hetero-American and homo-American and nobody's told me?
    The terms haven't switched. They were merely artificial classifications that existed solely to put anyone who engaged in homosexuality into a protected class, in the face of discrimination against those who practiced it. THAT'S IT.

    In reality, there are no gay humans, just as there are no straight humans, because humans, like all other species, only make mating decisions based on perceptible attributes, and gender can't directly be perceived, only inferred.

    While it's true that specific combinations of attributes (that one may have a preference for) may be more common in one gender than another, all attributes are known to exist in at least one member of both genders.

    Consequently, given a large enough population size, any combination of attributes must exist in at least one member of both genders.

    Hence, if one is attracted (either the feminine or masculine mode of attraction) to the set of attributes (A1, A2, A3, ...), then there will at least one member of both genders with (A1, A2, A3, ...) which means that person could not be either gay or straight, because both would imply confinement.

  4. #494
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Whatever
    Ah de Nile, a river in Eygpt.

  5. #495
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The terms haven't switched. They were merely artificial classifications that existed solely to put anyone who engaged in homosexuality into a protected class, in the face of discrimination against those who practiced it. THAT'S IT.

    In reality, there are no gay humans, just as there are no straight humans, because humans, like all other species, only make mating decisions based on perceptible attributes, and gender can't directly be perceived, only inferred.

    While it's true that specific combinations of attributes (that one may have a preference for) may be more common in one gender than another, all attributes are known to exist in at least one member of both genders.

    Consequently, given a large enough population size, any combination of attributes must exist in at least one member of both genders.

    Hence, if one is attracted (either the feminine or masculine mode of attraction) to the set of attributes (A1, A2, A3, ...), then there will at least one member of both genders with (A1, A2, A3, ...) which means that person could not be either gay or straight, because both would imply confinement.
    Interesting, so gay men do not need to even be gay, they could just find a sufficiently masculine woman and it would be the same?

  6. #496
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Ah de Nile, a river in Eygpt.
    And I'm not going to waste time teaching a pig to sing.

  7. #497
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, especially if you said "very small percentage" instead of "certain percentage". However, if you said that homosexuality was normal sexual behavior you'd be wrong.
    Homosexuality is normal in the sense that it has occurred throughout all human history, in virtually every culture, and the people who identify as gay can be healthy, functional, and happy individuals.

    Any other standard of normal is petty semantics.

  8. #498
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Interesting, so gay men do not need to even be gay, they could just find a sufficiently masculine woman and it would be the same?
    Rosie O'donnel with a strap-on......
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #499
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, especially if you said "very small percentage" instead of "certain percentage". However, if you said that homosexuality was normal sexual behavior you'd be wrong.
    So why do you have a problem with sexual behavior that you consider not normal. And what is not normal. Are we limited to the missionary position with only the opposite sex. Sounds pretty dull.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  10. #500
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,552

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So are you cool with an 18 year old marrying his 23 year old brother? I ask that, not because I oppose same sex marriage (I don't). I just think you have to be honest that some lines are ok to draw. When you say things like, "you're a bigot if you believe in restricting rights for others that you enjoy" that, basically, puts you in the position of having to agree with everything anyone else wants to engage in. I don't oppose SSM. I do oppose polygamy and incestuous marriages even if the parties involved are consenting adults.
    I'm not "cool" with it, but I don't think it should be illegal. I think people should be educated about the risks of such a thing, and it should be socially shunned, but not legislated against. Gays can't procreate, so that's an absolute non-issue with SSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •