Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #461
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well, you're doing a lot of defending here and attempting to throw me under the bus so I can only assume you're extremely opposed to my logical position and take a more emotional approach to this situation as every progressive does.
    We haven't seen a logical position from you. Just some anti-progressive rantings. Nothing more.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #462
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I know I'm right when progressives start posting pictures in frustration...
    Actually, this usually means that you have been repeating the same old stupid comments and responding to them with anything other than pictures seems pointless.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #463
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Homosexuality isn't necessarily a "deleterious trait." I can think of a perfectly good evolutionary reason for homosexuality to exist. Population control.
    That's a misnomer. Never in our anthropological record has there been anywhere near an environmental pressure extreme enough to warrant population control, EVER. However, I will say that Bob is wrong about homosexual genetic traits. Homosexuality is most certainly a product of heterosexual parents, where at least one parent has the recessive gene, and the gene becomes dominant on the allele of it's offspring. This is assuming of course that homosexuality is genetic, which, for the record I do not, or if it does have biological causation then it most assuredly is of something in the developmental process where a hormone is too much, or too little. Anyone's guess..


    Just clearing things up, enjoy the rest of your gay thread.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #464
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Population control is not really a built-in feature of human evolution, or any species really. Population control usually comes in the form of an externality like the tragedy of the commons.

    In the womb we are all female by default until complex genetic-mediated hormonal processes make us switch from female to male. The best explanation I have read so far for homosexuality is that with each successive male pregnancy, a woman may develop antibodies to the newly forming androgens which help shape male neurology. It's already known that a disproportionate number of gay men have more male siblings.

    In more ancient terms, it would mean that such a child would be less likely to reproduce as an adult, thus being less weighed down by the responsibility of raising a child and more able to offer auxiliary support to their family / community. For this reason, we cannot assume that the process is a result of a defect. It probably has a very useful purpose. Gay men have differing abilities than straight men, statistically. Their linguistic and spatial orientation skills are usually superior.

    Unfortunately, this theory doesn't fit 100% because our knowledge of the ancient world also tells us that sexuality was a lot more fluid. Men often had sexual encounters yet still formed pair-bonds with women for reproduction. In ancient Greece it was common for an older man to school a younger man in sexuality (the ancient form of pederasty), while also teaching him to honor the traditional obligation of pro-creation.

    At this point I feel that 'gay' is an identity that becomes hardwired with time, combined with a predisposition, but is not necessarily a biological trait... which is why, so far, a gene for it has not been found. I think that, without being raised in an environment with so much identity politics, humans are just sexual opportunists.

    Yeah see, problem with you gay uncle theory or the gay brothers theory is that it doesn't seem consistent, although it does make for good headlines. IN terms of the gay uncle, the major glaring, (Well glaring if you're not looking at it with rose colored glasses on) problem with that theory is that gay men still have about as much intrinsic desire to procreate as we hetero folks. How do you explain that Northern Light? Not to mention how does a gay female hold up to that theory? Probably not very well, thus both "theories" have been mostly abandoned.


    Again, sorry to ruin this lovely gay thread, but I am compelled to set the record straight.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #465
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Any slippery slope argument will work, eh?
    Your support for gay and lesbian activity is your choice but it opens up other areas that simply show the hypocrisy of others and that is my point. where does it stop? Why not a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, grandmother, grandfather? A very small minority of this country is gay and yet it is a very vocal minority and the question is why? You don't like the laws, change them, I believe 12 states have and if the others do it, then so be it, maybe the celebration of a non normal activity will get less public attention. I do not support gay marriage because I believe in traditional marriage as a union between a man and a woman. That is my belief, yours is different. I have no problem with a civil union but why is the title marriage so important you same sex couples?

  6. #466
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Pretty much every thread on this subject can be summed up by:

    I was taught something is bad.

    I lack the intelligence necessary to question what I was taught.

    Since I was taught it is bad, it must be bad and so all I can muster are the same circular arguments as others that take the form of an appeal to authority.

    If the appeal to authority doesn't work, I will not hesitate to resort to some particularly stupid slippery slope arguments.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #467
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    No, we are not. Bestiality is animal rape, as legally animals can not give consent, nor can kids. Consensual marriage between adults is nothing like rape. If you don't like the law, change it.
    So are you cool with an 18 year old marrying his 23 year old brother? I ask that, not because I oppose same sex marriage (I don't). I just think you have to be honest that some lines are ok to draw. When you say things like, "you're a bigot if you believe in restricting rights for others that you enjoy" that, basically, puts you in the position of having to agree with everything anyone else wants to engage in. I don't oppose SSM. I do oppose polygamy and incestuous marriages even if the parties involved are consenting adults.

  8. #468
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not even close. Suicide rate for homosexuals is 2-4 times that of heterosexuals. Reasons cited for suicidality amongst homosexuals, not in any particular order:

    1) Non-acceptance from family members.
    2) Being bullied or harassed.
    3) Living in a heterocentric culture.
    4) Being a minority.
    5) Homophobia.
    6) Denial of services that heterosexuals receive such as marriage.

    Now, do you feel silly.
    On the top of the list

    .5) Weakness

  9. #469
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,472

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    I think you are either born gay or straight, but then I think about the fact that the type of woman that excites me was formed by my environment and not by nature, so that leaves a doubt in my mind.

  10. #470
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Though poorly formatted, I believe this is the only copy of the complete work, online:

    hooker.htm
    Ok, first problem in that study. Sampling.

    Was not a random, blind sampling on the part of homosexuals. All participants were part of an organization that "which has as its stated purpose the development of a homosexual ethic in order to better integrate the homosexual into society." So they were part of an organization whose purpose was to control behavior. Further, certain segments of society were excluded. Also, because it was from an organization that practiced and taught control of behavior, it cannot be presumed, as the author seems to have done, that they represent natural occurring behaviors for the qualifying group.

    The heterosexual sampling was also from organizations, but since they are undisclosed, we have no data on what they focused upon nor were they from the same organization as the homosexuals.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •