Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #401
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Guess what "the dude" I'm not preventing anyone from doing anything - I'm merely judging your shallowness as an individual, and how you believe certain ideas to bully someone outweigh others..

    And don't even pretend you don't because EVERY PROGRESSIVE thinks the same and adheres to the same ideas....You're no more unique than Janeane Garofalo, Lady Gaga or et al...
    more fantasies and posted lies.
    once again you are attacking the poster instead of addressing the topic, you're posts are halarious
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #402
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yet you act like gays are being assaulted and ridiculed at an epidemic rate..

    Give me examples...

    Gays are picked on no more than fat people or short people, or even overly intelligent people.

    Why the **** aren't you defending them? oh yeah because they're not listed in your progressive playbook.
    These comparisons you are making are absolutely ridiculous. Are fat peopled prevented in most states from marrying each other? Was it ever a felony to be fat? Hell fat people are in the majority anymore. Moreover, someone that is obese can lose weight, someone that is gay cannot change their sexual preference.

    People are defined by who they are and what they do. For example, I am married, white, straight, a father, an avid runner / cyclist, form the South originally and so on. Its quite easy to state I am these things because by and large society has been pretty easy on white straight guys. That is not all that defines me, but it is part of what does. Similarly, someone that is gay might be an avid runner, they may be from the South, in some cases they may be a father, they might be white, in a few states they might be married, but they are also gay and there is nothing wrong with that, it is just another aspect of their lives that defines them. Telling their friends and family that they are gay does not mean they are trying to be divisive, but rather that they are just revealing something about themselves. There is nothing liberal about that, and only a bigot would see anything wrong with that.

    Finally, it does take some courage on their part to come out because unfortunately there are still a lot of religious and social conservatives that are not too keen on people being gay.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #403
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Start here…

    The thing to understand is that natural selection tends to weed out traits that are not conducive to the continued existence of a species. But it's not a perfect or complete process. If it were, then there would be no solid black peppered Moths, nor would there be any human homosexuals (assuming a purely-genetic cause for homosexuality).

    Also, due to the diploid nature of animal cells (including human) deleterious traits are more able to persist than they would in a strictly haploid form of life.
    Homosexuality isn't necessarily a "deleterious trait." I can think of a perfectly good evolutionary reason for homosexuality to exist. Population control.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #404
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Was it ever a felony to be fat?
    Not until Michelle Obummer gets her way! #tyranny
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #405
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yeah, remember that time a kid was tied to a fence post and pistol-whipped to death because he was fat? Me either.
    There are numerous cases where kids have been bullied and beaten because of their physical appearance where sexual orientation had nothing to do with it. To claim that this whole thing about confession of being gay is the result of abuse is not warranted. If you are gay and it is normal for you then there shouldn't be the need to make a confession period.

  6. #406
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There are numerous cases where kids have been bullied and beaten because of their physical appearance where sexual orientation had nothing to do with it.
    Yeah, no ****.

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    To claim that this whole thing about confession of being gay is the result of abuse is not warranted.
    Nobody made that claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    If you are gay and it is normal for you then there shouldn't be the need to make a confession period.
    "Make a confession"? Telling people who you are is "confessing"? You only confess if you've done something wrong.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #407
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Start here…

    The thing to understand is that natural selection tends to weed out traits that are not conducive to the continued existence of a species. But it's not a perfect or complete process. If it were, then there would be no solid black peppered Moths, nor would there be any human homosexuals (assuming a purely-genetic cause for homosexuality).

    Also, due to the diploid nature of animal cells (including human) deleterious traits are more able to persist than they would in a strictly haploid form of life.
    Your argument is fundamentally flawed. In your Peppered Moth example, it was the ones who did not adapt to the changed environment which died out, thus ensuring that those who DID mutate passed on the mutation to their children. That is Genetics 101.

    However, in the case of homosexuality, the same does not apply. Given that every single homosexual on the planet was born from a heterosexual union, their sexual orientation was passed to them (again, assuming a genetic cause for homosexuality) predominantly from those who do not share their sexual orientation. If anything, and again this all assumes a genetic cause for homosexuality, you are looking at a recessive trait for homosexuality. Since recessive traits can be passed from generation to generation without asserting themselves, and since sexual orientation is not a factor which contributes to longevity as an individual or a person's ability (ability, mind you, not desire) to reproduce, your argument fails.
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

  8. #408
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    These comparisons you are making are absolutely ridiculous. Are fat peopled prevented in most states from marrying each other? Was it ever a felony to be fat? Hell fat people are in the majority anymore. Moreover, someone that is obese can lose weight, someone that is gay cannot change their sexual preference.

    People are defined by who they are and what they do. For example, I am married, white, straight, a father, an avid runner / cyclist, form the South originally and so on. Its quite easy to state I am these things because by and large society has been pretty easy on white straight guys. That is not all that defines me, but it is part of what does. Similarly, someone that is gay might be an avid runner, they may be from the South, in some cases they may be a father, they might be white, in a few states they might be married, but they are also gay and there is nothing wrong with that, it is just another aspect of their lives that defines them. Telling their friends and family that they are gay does not mean they are trying to be divisive, but rather that they are just revealing something about themselves. There is nothing liberal about that, and only a bigot would see anything wrong with that.

    Finally, it does take some courage on their part to come out because unfortunately there are still a lot of religious and social conservatives that are not too keen on people being gay.
    dont be silly and start using facts and logic to disprove a fallacy strawman
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #409
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Homosexuality isn't necessarily a "deleterious trait." I can think of a perfectly good evolutionary reason for homosexuality to exist. Population control.
    Population control is not a feature of natural selection. The reason why gays and lesbians were not weeded out by natural selection is that gays and lesbians are perfectly capable of mating with the opposite sex, indeed did so throughout human history, and survival until producing and raising the next generation is ultimately all natural selection is concerned with.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #410
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Population control is not a feature of natural selection. The reason why gays and lesbians were not weeded out by natural selection is that gays and lesbians are perfectly capable of mating with the opposite sex, indeed did so throughout human history, and survival until producing and raising the next generation is ultimately all natural selection is concerned with.
    Fair enough, you know more about that **** than I do. I was more speaking of why the trait may have existed in the first place. It's a theory, and not one I intend to spend a lot of time arguing for.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •