Page 39 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Koros View Post
    Given that every single homosexual on the planet came from heterosexual parents, I think your argument has been proven to be patently false.
    He didn't even imply that so I don't know where the **** that came from.

    Also, why would two gay parents procreate? it seems like a contradiction to me.

  2. #382
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Sure they do. There are several things that make straight people different that can result in being ridiculed and even physically abused by another group. Color, religion, physical features like bucked teeth, being fat or super skinny, even the sharpest pencils in the box can be ridiculed over their intellect by the dumb and ignorant.
    Yeah, you literally just proved my point.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #383
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,918

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Sure they do. There are several things that make straight people different that can result in being ridiculed and even physically abused by another group. Color, religion, physical features like bucked teeth, being fat or super skinny, even the sharpest pencils in the box can be ridiculed over their intellect by the dumb and ignorant.
    Waitaminnit. Those qualities are not limited to straight people. Straight people aren't ridiculed or assaulted for being straight.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #384
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yeah, you literally just proved my point.
    How so Star? Is the ridicule a straight person gets over their religious beliefs any worse than a gay person gets from some because they are gay? Is the ridicule a skinny or fat straight person gets any less severe than a gay person? The answer is no.

  5. #385
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well you seem to believe it's a huge deal...
    Prove that I believe that. I merely tried to correct your incorrect assertions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I got news for you - I know plenty of gay people who are regular people who just like to stick their junk in different holes than man of us do, Guess what? they're perfectly normal people you would never even suspect were gay - nor do they make it their mission in life to make their sexuality the forefront of their life... HOWEVER YOU DO!
    Prove that I do that. You know nothing about my life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You see - progressives have nothing better to do in life than point out differences between people...
    I'm not a progressive, but thanks for this non sequitur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You see - you automatically assume all white non-progressives hate gays and minorities - when that if further from the truth.
    Reading isn't your strong suit, is it? Prove to me that I think anything of the sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The truth is that when a person makes their sexuality or race the focal point of their being - that pisses people off...
    Yes, it does. I agree. But, still, I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    IT just seems progressives just embrace differences as a hobby or because they're bored.
    You seem to have a lot to say about "progressives." Though, for the life of me, I can't understand why.
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

  6. #386
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,918

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    How so Star? Is the ridicule a straight person gets over their religious beliefs any worse than a gay person. Is the ridicule a skinny or fat straight person gets any less severe than a gay person? The answer is no.
    Yeah, remember that time a kid was tied to a fence post and pistol-whipped to death because he was fat? Me either.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #387
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,918

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Koros View Post
    You seem to have a lot to say about "progressives." Though, for the life of me, I can't understand why.
    There are some posters here who will label you a "progressive" simply for disagreeing with them.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #388
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    How so Star? Is the ridicule a straight person gets over their religious beliefs any worse than a gay person gets from some because they are gay? Is the ridicule a skinny or fat straight person gets any less severe than a gay person? The answer is no.
    My point is that heterosexual people don't get ridiculed because of their sexuality. Which you said you pointed out.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Waitaminnit. Those qualities are not limited to straight people. Straight people aren't ridiculed or assaulted for being straight.
    Yet you act like gays are being assaulted and ridiculed at an epidemic rate..

    Give me examples...

    Gays are picked on no more than fat people or short people, or even overly intelligent people.

    Why the **** aren't you defending them? oh yeah because they're not listed in your progressive playbook.

  10. #390
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    There are some posters here who will label you a "progressive" simply for disagreeing with them.
    So I am seeing. But, that shouldn't surprise me. I get it from both sides. Among my highly conservative family, I'm considered the bleeding-heart liberal. Among my highly liberal friends, I'm the heartless conservative....all because I disagree with one side or the other.
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

Page 39 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •