Page 38 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #371
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yes, it did outlaw slavery in the rebellious states.
    Keep moving those goalposts rather than admit you are wrong. It was the 13th Amendment that outlawed slavery, not the Emancipation Proclamation. I do feel sorry for people like you

  2. #372
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    See, thats the problem - you think being a "minority" is so damn special…
    Indeed.

    In this case, there's a very good reason why they are, have always been, and will always be, a small minority.

    From an evolutionary standpoint, their aberration is a dead end—something that the process of natural selection tries to weed out for the betterment of the species as a whole.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  3. #373
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Indeed.

    In this case, there's a very good reason why they are, have always been, and will always be, a small minority.

    From an evolutionary standpoint, their aberration is a dead end—something that the process of natural selection tries to weed out for the betterment of the species as a whole.
    Given that every single homosexual on the planet came from heterosexual parents, I think your argument has been proven to be patently false.
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

  4. #374
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Koros View Post
    Given that every single homosexual on the planet came from heterosexual parents, I think your argument has been proven to be patently false.
    Well, either that, or you've just demonstrated how little you understand about human genetics. and natural selection.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #375
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep moving those goalposts rather than admit you are wrong. It was the 13th Amendment that outlawed slavery, not the Emancipation Proclamation. I do feel sorry for people like you
    Saying what the EP did is moving the goal posts? Okey dookkey whatever

  6. #376
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    I love the anger, ignorance, bigotry, fear and hatred in this thread, it just proves the point more and more and more, ITS AWESOME!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #377
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Koros View Post
    Where did I cry over anyone, or say that anyone deserves special treatment? Projecting a bit, are you?

    There is NO bias in acknowledging when a gay person comes out but not caring when a straight person admits that they are straight. The reason for that is that the former requires a conscious decision to tell others because the latter is an assumption made about everyone. Did you, as a straight men, ever have a time in your life when everyone around you just ASSUMED you were gay?

    Now, should people care who is gay or who isn't? No, they shouldn't. But, the fact remains that, in our society, being a member of a minority comes with certain challenges to be overcome. It shouldn't be this way, but it is. And being gay comes with the undeniable fact that people assume you are not gay until you tell them otherwise. In some ways, being gay is harder than being a racial minority. When a child is born, the world knows the child's race. But, regardless of race, there is an assumption of heterosexuality placed upon that child until they, if they ever decide to, come out and tell the world how wrong those assumptions are.

    Seriously, how do you not get this?
    I largely agree wit this. However, when a lot of gays and lesbians come out, most people that know them knew they were gay almost all their life. With at least half the gays and lesbians I know, its pretty obvious they are gay. I mean Hellen Keller could see it. With some gay guys coming out is more of a formality.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #378
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Well, either that, or you've just demonstrated how little you understand about human genetics. and natural selection.
    Then, please, Mr. Geneticist. Enlighten me on just where I went wrong.
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

  9. #379
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I largely agree wit this. However, when a lot of gays and lesbians come out, most people that know them knew they were gay almost all their life. With at least half the gays and lesbians I know, its pretty obvious they are gay. I mean Hellen Keller could see it. With some gay guys coming out is more of a formality.
    Yes, that is true for some people. However, by and large, even those people have gone through parts of their lives in which there was an assumed heterosexuality about them.
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Koros View Post
    Where did I cry over anyone, or say that anyone deserves special treatment? Projecting a bit, are you?

    There is NO bias in acknowledging when a gay person comes out but not caring when a straight person admits that they are straight. The reason for that is that the former requires a conscious decision to tell others because the latter is an assumption made about everyone. Did you, as a straight men, ever have a time in your life when everyone around you just ASSUMED you were gay?

    Now, should people care who is gay or who isn't? No, they shouldn't. But, the fact remains that, in our society, being a member of a minority comes with certain challenges to be overcome. It shouldn't be this way, but it is. And being gay comes with the undeniable fact that people assume you are not gay until you tell them otherwise. In some ways, being gay is harder than being a racial minority. When a child is born, the world knows the child's race. But, regardless of race, there is an assumption of heterosexuality placed upon that child until they, if they ever decide to, come out and tell the world how wrong those assumptions are.

    Seriously, how do you not get this?
    Well you seem to believe it's a huge deal...

    I got news for you - I know plenty of gay people who are regular people who just like to stick their junk in different holes than man of us do, Guess what? they're perfectly normal people you would never even suspect were gay - nor do they make it their mission in life to make their sexuality the forefront of their life... HOWEVER YOU DO!

    You see - progressives have nothing better to do in life than point out differences between people...

    You see - you automatically assume all white non-progressives hate gays and minorities - when that if further from the truth.

    The truth is that when a person makes their sexuality or race the focal point of their being - that pisses people off...

    IT just seems progressives just embrace differences as a hobby or because they're bored.

Page 38 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •