Page 28 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #271
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I believe that humans wrote the Bible, who may I remind you have free will. We humans then edited it, and re-edited it a whole bunch of times and it's mostly filled with irrelevant stories and myths from the bronze age. Yes, their is a main truth I believe that is in the Bible, which boils down to basically not being a dick and loving people as yourself. Which certainly doesn't leave room for believing that homosexuality is a sin, because that is kind of dick thing to believe. It also doesn't leave room for believing that people that don't believe in the exact same thing you believe are going to hell, which I believe is totally made up by humans because to me a loving God would never do that. It's all about how you treat people and how you live.
    Well said. I pretty much agree with this, with a couple minor quibbles, but I won't go further as it could seriously derail the thread.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #272
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,436

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    equating homosexuality with suicide is quite a stretch.
    Where did you read that? You want homosexuals to just shut up. That leads some to think the only answer is suicide because people like you think they are damaged goods that should not have a voice, or rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  3. #273
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Where did you read that? You want homosexuals to just shut up. That leads some to think the only answer is suicide because people like you think they are damaged goods that should not have a voice, or rights.
    I don't give a damn whether homosexuals shutup or not, just don't publicize it. I am quite tired of all this bs of an issue that truly is irrelevant. It is all about someone trying to equate their own personal choice into a civil right. Homosexuals have the same rights as I have, to marry any member of the opposite sex that will have them and if they don't like it get the law changed in the states with I believe 12 doing just that. You want to be a homosexual and get married to a member of the same sex then move to a state that allows it.

    Why would you even mention suicide and homosexuality in the same sentence?

  4. #274
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, Good Lord, Arenas today are the Gyms of yesterday, just bigger. Get over it

    As for the Christians protesting, interesting that they were overpowered by the PC crowd when it should have been the other way around. Sam shouldn't have been cheered, he should have been ignored. What you do in your own bedroom is your business, cheering it is a sickness
    LOL! So now we get to the bottom of this! You're not upset that they're having a standing ovation because "America has bigger problems", you're upset because they had a standing ovation for something you despise.

    Fact is, some of your christian bigots went to a basketball game to try to harass someone and you got bitch slapped by the general public.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    LOL! So now we get to the bottom of this! You're not upset that they're having a standing ovation because "America has bigger problems", you're upset because they had a standing ovation for something you despise.

    Fact is, some of your christian bigots went to a basketball game to try to harass someone and you got bitch slapped by the general public.
    Yep, call me a Christian bigot because I believe in the rule of law and homosexuality remaining private. I have no problem with that title. You want to marry someone of the same sex or have sex with your dog, that is your choice, have at it and if you feel that strong about it, get the law changed in your state.

  6. #276
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Homosexuals have the same rights as I have, to marry any member of the opposite sex that will have them
    "Blacks have the same rights as I have, to marry any member of their own race that will have them"

  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Children cannot consent. Animals cannot consent. Is that really hard for you to understand? It does not matter if a person is attracted to them if they cannot consent. Seems pretty common sense to me.
    I fully understand that. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not homosexuality is a mental disorder.

    All the conditions I mentioned involve sexual attraction to other than sexually developed members of the opposite sex. However, the mental health community treats homosexuality different from every other such case. It is the only example of such attraction that is considered normal and not deviant, a mental illness.

    Your argument made it sound like the ability to consent was the only factor that should be considered when classifying such instances as normal or deviant. Ability to consent has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #278
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, call me a Christian bigot because I believe in the rule of law and homosexuality remaining private. I have no problem with that title. You want to marry someone of the same sex or have sex with your dog, that is your choice, have at it and if you feel that strong about it, get the law changed in your state.
    I don't have to be black to want equal rights for african americans, just like I don't need to be gay to support equal rights for them. Yes, you are a bigot if you like having rights that you want to deny others. That's a hateful thing to do, and the exact opposite of what Jesus taught.

    Now, stop crying because people didn't let bigots ruin someone's evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #279
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, call me a Christian bigot because I believe in the rule of law and homosexuality remaining private. I have no problem with that title. You want to marry someone of the same sex or have sex with your dog, that is your choice, have at it and if you feel that strong about it, get the law changed in your state.
    That's a well bigoted comparison.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    "Blacks have the same rights as I have, to marry any member of their own race that will have them"
    Maybe in your country but not this one. Interracial marriage is legal in the U.S.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •