Page 26 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #251
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So abnormal developments in the brain have "absolutely nothing" to do with mental illness? Then what exactly do you define as a mental illness?
    I see no abnormal developments. I see differences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #252
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, I don't see a heterosexual entering a Gym full of people and getting a standing ovation because they are a heterosexual. Like it or not, homosexuals are a small part of this country and yet they flaunt their sexuality and get the publicity. Why? With all the problems in this country homosexuality shouldn't even be on the list.
    You do realize that there are MANY ways that heterosexuals flaunt their sexuality. Look at any magazine cover. Your short-sightedness is noted.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #253
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I had no reason to ask for clarification from someone who clearly doesn't understand the issue... based on your posts. Communication has two components: clarity of expression and understanding of the issue. If you lack both, I have little interest in wanting to clarification of the expression.
    And your proof that I don't understand the issue? Is that totally based upon the fact that I disagree with what you "know"? Or is it a case of the "allegory of the cave" and you simply reject the existence of light?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #254
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, I don't see a heterosexual entering a Gym full of people and getting a standing ovation because they are a heterosexual. Like it or not, homosexuals are a small part of this country and yet they flaunt their sexuality and get the publicity. Why? With all the problems in this country homosexuality shouldn't even be on the list.
    What kind of gym have you been going to where gays are given a standing ovation?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So abnormal developments in the brain have "absolutely nothing" to do with mental illness? Then what exactly do you define as a mental illness?
    Someone liking something you don't like isn't mental illness. That's kind of childish, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #255
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    And your proof that I don't understand the issue? Is that totally based upon the fact that I disagree with what you "know"? Or is it a case of the "allegory of the cave" and you simply reject the existence of light?
    No, it's the fact that you disagree with research and evidence. The only one rejecting the light around here is you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #256
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You do realize that there are MANY ways that heterosexuals flaunt their sexuality. Look at any magazine cover. Your short-sightedness is noted.
    Again, I don't see heterosexuals getting standing ovations or even threads in this forum for being who they are. Homosexuals seem to want the attention and seem to get it from people who simply want to be PC rather than ignore just how unimportant that issue is in the overall scope of things.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    What kind of gym have you been going to where gays are given a standing ovation?



    Someone liking something you don't like isn't mental illness. That's kind of childish, isn't it?

    Did you watch the Missouri Basketball game last night? Apparently not

  8. #258
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Natalie Portman is bigger, has a better body, and has a pretty face. She also is a better actress and has a certain charm about her that will last long after her looks give way. I don't think you can compare Ellen Page to Natalie Portman.



    From what I have seen she likes picking parts that involve some sort of mental or physical torment. If she was just picking parts like that every once in a while that would be one thing, but it's pretty consistent that she will pick a part that has one or the other.
    I have to admit that as I was about to reply to this last night, I realized that I combined your posts with another (I lost track after bouncing back and forth) so my original hateful tone, I thought matched, was not warranted - sorry. Comments still valid, I just need to break habit of trying to match perceived tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  9. #259
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    We have a sick society today or at least a segment of it. Please tell me why this deserves a standing ovation? You want to be a homosexual, great, do it, but why should you be treated any different from anyone else especially those in the majority that aren't homosexual? There is nothing normal about being homosexual

    Sam receives standing ovation at basketball game

  10. #260
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We have a sick society today or at least a segment of it. Please tell me why this deserves a standing ovation? You want to be a homosexual, great, do it, but why should you be treated any different from anyone else especially those in the majority that aren't homosexual? There is nothing normal about being homosexual

    Sam receives standing ovation at basketball game
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you watch the Missouri Basketball game last night? Apparently not
    First, it was an arena, not a gym. The fact that you can't tell the difference is telling.

    Second, the only reason it happened was to drown out the Westboro Baptist Church trying to protest him.

    The gathering was done in part to drown out the Westboro Baptist Church, which had said earlier in the week that it planned to go to Columbia to protest Sam. According to the Columbia Daily Tribune, 15 Westboro members showed up Saturday, holding up signs with "derogatory slogans about Sam and homosexuality."
    So essentially, bigoted christians showed up to protest, the people overpowered them with their ovation, and you come onto internet forums to complain about the ovation. And as a matter of fact, we DO have a lot of problems in this nation right now, and lack of equal rights is one of the biggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •