Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Then don't comment. Real easy concept to grasp.
    Why shouldn't he or any other comment? If they don't like it or if they do. What would it matter to you whether you like it or not. Deal with it!

  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It's plainly in the Bible. Do you not believe that God can preserve His Word? We still have the original languages to reference by and there has been nothing to the contrary that God now approves of homosexual sex. The Bible is the Word of God, we have manuscripts of in the original languages that we translate by.
    I believe that humans wrote the Bible, who may I remind you have free will. We humans then edited it, and re-edited it a whole bunch of times and it's mostly filled with irrelevant stories and myths from the bronze age. Yes, their is a main truth I believe that is in the Bible, which boils down to basically not being a dick and loving people as yourself. Which certainly doesn't leave room for believing that homosexuality is a sin, because that is kind of dick thing to believe. It also doesn't leave room for believing that people that don't believe in the exact same thing you believe are going to hell, which I believe is totally made up by humans because to me a loving God would never do that. It's all about how you treat people and how you live.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I believe that humans wrote the Bible, who may I remind you have free will. We humans then edited it, and re-edited it a whole bunch of times and it's mostly filled with irrelevant stories and myths from the bronze age. Yes, their is a main truth I believe that is in the Bible, which boils down to basically not being a dick and loving people as yourself. Which certainly doesn't leave room for believing that homosexuality is a sin, because that is kind of dick thing to believe. It also doesn't leave room for believing that people that don't believe in the exact same thing you believe are going to hell, which I believe is totally made up by humans because to me a loving God would never do that. It's all about how you treat people and how you live.
    So you don't believe the Bible is the inspired word of God written through man by the Holy Spirit of God? The Bible claims that all scripture (Biblical cannon) is
    2Ti 3:16
    All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
    The miracles, prophecies, and things pertaining to God and His power are true, not made up. Jesus did come to earth as God in human flesh, heal the sick and atone for sin. There is a heaven, there is a hell, there will be a judgement day.

    You are free to believe what you want, but when contrasted to the absolute truth of the Inspired Word of God, you are wrong in the belief that everything but "be nice and don't be a dick" is all the Bible is valid for and that everything else is just interjected falsehoods.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #224
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,468

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep throwing it in my face and all over TV and I am going to comment. I don't give a damn what your sexual orientation is, quit flaunting it and quit acting like flaunting it is something to be celebrated.
    I second this. Who cares what people do in their bedrooms.

  5. #225
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post


    People are born with a sinful nature, I never claimed that having same sex attractions was a choice by the person. However, how someone lives and what they do with their temptations is their choice.


    No they aren't, that is just the baloney they feed you to keep you guilty and in the "faith" Sin isn't a biological trait either, same sex attraction, most likely is. It certainly exists in several other species, and we all evolved into our species.

    I wasn't born with a burden of guilt on my head because some 2000 year old book says so.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    So you don't believe the Bible is the inspired word of God written through man by the Holy Spirit of God? The Bible claims that all scripture (Biblical cannon) is

    The miracles, prophecies, and things pertaining to God and His power are true, not made up. Jesus did come to earth as God in human flesh, heal the sick and atone for sin. There is a heaven, there is a hell, there will be a judgement day.

    You are free to believe what you want, but when contrasted to the absolute truth of the Inspired Word of God, you are wrong in the belief that everything but "be nice and don't be a dick" is all the Bible is valid for.
    Of course the Bible has a verse in it that says all things in it are true.

    That doesn't make it all true though.

    You have no proof for your assertions, just faith. And I get that, this isn't science, but don't say that what you believe is the absolute truth because you can NEVER know that. Let me repeat, you can NEVER know that your religious beliefs are true. That goes for everyone.

    You have just as much knowledge as me, or anyone else for that matter. It's fine to believe what you want to believe, but don't go around saying that it is the absolute truth, that is just ridiculous. You're a scientist, you should know that saying things like that are ridiculous.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #227
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    So you don't believe the Bible is the inspired word of God written through man by the Holy Spirit of God? The Bible claims that all scripture (Biblical cannon) is
    The bible is the word of god, because the bible says its the word of god? Nice logic.

    400px-Bible_cycle.jpg
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    No they aren't, that is just the baloney they feed you to keep you guilty and in the "faith" Sin isn't a biological trait either, same sex attraction, most likely is. It certainly exists in several other species, and we all evolved into our species.

    I wasn't born with a burden of guilt on my head because some 2000 year old book says so.
    It's also why a lot of consensual sex stuff, like masturbation, sex before marriage, is sin; everyone has sexual urges, so they can guilt everyone into towing the line. Of course this is more a indictment on the early formations of religions, as, in western countries at least, the governments don't divine their authority from God.

    Still good at controlling people though.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #229
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's also why a lot of consensual sex stuff, like masturbation, sex before marriage, is sin; everyone has sexual urges, so they can guilt everyone into towing the line. Of course this is more a indictment on the early formations of religions, as, in western countries at least, the governments don't divine their authority from God.

    Still good at controlling people though.
    Yep, we are animals, we have urges, it isn't the devil making us do it, it is millions of years of evolving into what we are biologically.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  10. #230
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, that's not what the study determined. What the study determined was that when assessing people with no psychological issues, one cannot tell the difference between someone who is heterosexual or someone who is homosexual. There is no inherent mental illness. If one were to do the same kinds of assessments on someone who is depressed verses someone who is not, those assessment tools would absolutely demonstrate differences.
    And yet, other more intensive tests, such as Sexual orientation and the size of the anterior commissure in the human brain show a clear definable difference. That would indicate that the testing used was inadequate, or was intentionally limited to test which would prove the testers bias.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •