Page 125 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #1241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) me? nothing. This has nothing to do with me, seems you are even more confused then your posts show
    2.) another meaningless opinion of yours that cant be backed up with any facts
    3.) now this one is just a flat out lie, do you have any proof of this lie? please post it now. AGain this has nothing to do with me. Im going by facts, rights, laws, judges and court cases.
    4.) this will be changing soon, sorry it upsets you lol
    5.) yes you have told me your meaningless opinions that we all laugh at because you cant back them up with any facts
    6.) feel great? no its just funny that equal rights makes you and a minority of others so angry. Its funny and very weird.
    but it does feel great equal rights is winning.
    7.) wrong again, how i "feel" is meaningless. 100% meaningless, just like how you feel is 100% meaningless. This is why your posts have failed for pages and pages. You think it matters how you feel, i know better and i just stick with facts, laws, rights, judges and court cases while you tell us all how you FEEL about them and you get angry over them nobody cares. I know nobody cares about my feelings? this is why i dont debate based on feelings like you have been doing lol
    8.) again you keep pushing this failed strawman and nobody honest and educated buys it, please continue to make more stuff up that you think matters that doesnt, that too is also funny
    again. I stick with facts, rights, laws, judges and court cases while all you have is . . . . ."feelings and opinions" lol
    let us know when you have something more, we've been waiting for pages and so far youve presented nothing that supports your failed claims . .. . . notta . . . zilch . . . zero.
    It really is a waste of time even arguing this issue as nothing is going to change your mind or mine. Ultimately it will be decided by the people not the courts. I cannot find marriage in the Constitution nor apparently can the SC thus they haven't ruled on it. There are millions of Americans who AREN'T married that equal protection doesn't affect but they have the same rights as you or I to marry someone of the opposite sex. That seems to be the argument that is being ignored by you and others leaving your argument hinging on a personal choice issue. We shall see how that turns out for you and the gay rights advocates

  2. #1242
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)It really is a waste of time even arguing this issue as nothing is going to change your mind or mine.
    2.) Ultimately it will be decided by the people not the courts.
    3.)I cannot find marriage in the Constitution nor apparently can the SC thus they haven't ruled on it.
    4.) There are millions of Americans who AREN'T married that equal protection doesn't affect but they have the same rights as you or I to marry someone of the opposite sex.
    5.) That seems to be the argument that is being ignored by you and others leaving your argument hinging on a personal choice issue.
    6.)We shall see how that turns out for you and the gay rights advocates
    1.) 100% correct, im not going to ignore facts and accept your proven wrong opinion
    2.) false, this is not a decision decided by people has history and current events prove
    3.) not needed in this and once again this hilarious illogical inane straman fails and gets destroyed again lol
    4.) meaningless to the topic, there were millions or americans that could drink out of fountains like whites could to at one time
    5.) its ignored because it has ZERO merit in the discussion, it has no impact on the facts
    6.) we are already seeing how it turns out for me and the majority of americans that support equal rights, equal rights is winning!
    facts wins again


    facts, laws, rights, judges, court cases > your feelings/opinions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1243
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you don't seem to understand is that the SC has had numerous opportunities to rule on the definition of marriage and has yet to do so. Do you have any idea why? The SC has always ruled on the site of states' rights and although you seem to believe it is an equal protection issue the SC hasn't ruled on that as it relates to state laws. If it were an equal protection issue the SC would have ruled a long time ago. That indicates to me that the SC doesn't buy your argument about sexual orientation being a civil right and that states have the right to define marriage which most have done. Activist justices have overturned the votes of the people and overstepped their power by tying marriage to the EP section and yet the SC hasn't ruled on that, why?
    I do not think you are quite aware of in terms of what the Supreme Court has rules, nor the implications. You also do not understand that the states do not have the right to trump the 14th amendment, an area that the supreme court has not even looked at. I would suggest doing some reading, starting with the Windsor ruling, then read the constitution.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1244
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I could respond to the line items in your post and provide you with the answers you are looking for but then that would prevent you from taking a civics and history course to learn about our Founders, the Constitution, and the way out govt. runs.

    what I really am scared of is the ignorance of far too many and the only solution to ignorance is education. I can provide you the source of some good schools to help you

    I am sure that everyday you can find something that interferes with your individual rights but getting married isn't one of them. You can marry anyone of the opposite sex you want or will have you just like me. That is equal protection as indicated by Loving v. Va. but no, people like you just want attention, are malcontents and want the title of married when civil unions will do the same thing or domestic Partnerships. I don't have any respect for people using equal protection as justification for redefining marriage against the will of the people
    Loving is aplicable as one of the cases that states that marriage is a right, making is particularly bound by the 14th amendment. You might want to read that case too. I suggest education.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1245
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly do you think you have won? You have no idea what the Founders Created or what is even in the Constitution. In your world anything that goes against what you want to do is a violation of the equal protection laws. There is a reason that the SC hasn't overturned the definition of marriage and I am sure you cannot figure it out but I have told you.

    I cannot tell you how angry I am, LOL, so keep believing that as I know that makes you feel great and after all isn't that what really matters, how you feel?

    I do suggest you read the civil rights section of the Constitution and point to the section that references sexual orientation and marriage? I cannot seem to find it nor can the SC
    Posted this once for you already...

    • Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.


    Note the underlined parts. You could just read the constitution and learn you are wrong...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1246
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It really is a waste of time even arguing this issue as nothing is going to change your mind or mine. Ultimately it will be decided by the people not the courts. I cannot find marriage in the Constitution nor apparently can the SC thus they haven't ruled on it. There are millions of Americans who AREN'T married that equal protection doesn't affect but they have the same rights as you or I to marry someone of the opposite sex. That seems to be the argument that is being ignored by you and others leaving your argument hinging on a personal choice issue. We shall see how that turns out for you and the gay rights advocates
    The Supreme Court has ruled on mariage multiple times. You even cited Loving, which is one example. This is really basic stuff.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1247
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Correct, actually:



    But not necessarily:



    It's far from the first article I've seen that suggests that the potential for racism, or any other form of us vs. them mentality, is actually hardwired into our brains, but those studies consistently show that those aren't our strongest instincts, and can in fact even be "turned off."



    Are we hardwired to be racist? | Minnesota Public Radio News

    So the bad news is that with regards to jingoism, racism, homophobia, etc., we're all sort of like alcoholics in that there is no cure, per se. The good news is that with the right upbringing, none of us have to actually be bigots at all.
    I meant the story line coming from the gay community will be an endless one of being "oppressed". It will never end.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #1248
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    the WHOLE speech



    a little paraphrasing


    "We are here to acknowledge the simple fact that the world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to each other. If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other's beauty instead of attacking each other for our differences, and thats not hard its really an easier and better way to live and ultimately it saves lives. "

    "love, the beauty of it, the joy of it and yes even the pain of it is the most incredible gift to experience as a human being. And we deserve to experience love fully, equally and fully without shame and without compromise"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1249
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Seems that the gay rights advocates aren't so sure as every gay thread gets almost maximum participation.
    It gets a lot of participation because it's a lot of fun demonstrating the ignorance of the anti-gay and anti-SSM crowd. It's quite easy, too.

    Your opinion noted as is mine. We shall see one of these days. The argument just goes to show how historically challenged these advocates are when it comes to the Constitution and what is in it. Equal protection applies to the Constitution and what is in it, not what isn't/
    Actually, it shows how historically challenged those who oppose the advocates are on the Constitution and how it's been used throughout history.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1250
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I meant the story line coming from the gay community will be an endless one of being "oppressed". It will never end.
    Right. Because, as my article and numerous other studies on racism suggest, the capacity for oppressing will always exist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •