Page 124 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #1231
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Oy vey iz mir.

    What equal protection applies to is equal protection of people under the law. If you read anything anybody here posted you'd know that.
    The Constitution defines the role of the Federal Govt. and anything in the Constitution is subject to the equal protection clause. Anything not in the Constitution is relegated to the states. Marriage isn't in the Constitution, it is a state issue. You are so blinded by our own personal opinion and desires that you simply cannot understand what our Founders did nor do you understand the Constitution. Then you hang your argument on what certain courts around the country have ruled ignoring the ones that rule in favor of states rights including the SC. What is it about this issue that creates such passion. You want to get married, move to a state that authorizes it. Let the people of the states handle the issue. If the people of TX voted to allow same sex marriage then so be it, but no you people cannot leave well enough alone, cannot understand states rights, and the will of the people. You are the problem not the solution

  2. #1232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You might find it enlightening.
    Don't get your hopes up.

  3. #1233
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Don't get your hopes up.
    Please explain to me how discrimination is even an issue when every American has the same opportunity to marry someone of the opposite sex and where sexual orientation is even an issue? You want your personal desires to be given equal protection and that is never going to happen. You are entitled to them but you certainly aren't guaranteed protection other than the right to have them

  4. #1234
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Constitution defines the role of the Federal Govt. and anything in the Constitution is subject to the equal protection clause. Anything not in the Constitution is relegated to the states. Marriage isn't in the Constitution, it is a state issue. You are so blinded by our own personal opinion and desires that you simply cannot understand what our Founders did nor do you understand the Constitution. Then you hang your argument on what certain courts around the country have ruled ignoring the ones that rule in favor of states rights including the SC. What is it about this issue that creates such passion. You want to get married, move to a state that authorizes it. Let the people of the states handle the issue. If the people of TX voted to allow same sex marriage then so be it, but no you people cannot leave well enough alone, cannot understand states rights, and the will of the people. You are the problem not the solution
    Since you still have not read the 14th amendment, let me help. Here is the relevant portion:
    • Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.


    Now really, all of it applies, but note especially the part I underlined. Note that it does not say "equal protection of the constitution", it says "of the laws". This makes you wrong. Very wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1235
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Oy vey iz mir.

    What equal protection applies to is equal protection of people under the law. If you read anything anybody here posted you'd know that.
    What you don't seem to understand is that the SC has had numerous opportunities to rule on the definition of marriage and has yet to do so. Do you have any idea why? The SC has always ruled on the site of states' rights and although you seem to believe it is an equal protection issue the SC hasn't ruled on that as it relates to state laws. If it were an equal protection issue the SC would have ruled a long time ago. That indicates to me that the SC doesn't buy your argument about sexual orientation being a civil right and that states have the right to define marriage which most have done. Activist justices have overturned the votes of the people and overstepped their power by tying marriage to the EP section and yet the SC hasn't ruled on that, why?

  6. #1236
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,810

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)You put a lot of faith in circuit courts including the 9th out of San Francisco which has a history of being the most overturned court in the country yet for some reason those justice rulings are supported by people like you but only when they support your point of view.

    2.)You want facts

    3.) then start with the Constitution and the history behind it.

    4.) You have a very poor understanding of the FACT that if it isn't in the Constitution then it is a state responsibility

    5.) and that is where marriage originated and belongs.

    6.) Equal protection applies only to issues in the Constitution.

    7.)Seems like a simple concept that you cannot grasp
    1.) weird, can you quote me mention them, or even hinting anything about the 9th? nope you cant because its another lie and made up strawman that completely fails
    can you argue anything that actually has merit or is accurate or is factual or can we just continue to expect you to makes stuff up, post lies and failed strawmen over and over lol

    2.) yes i do because you havent presented even ONE that matters

    3.) fine by me

    4.) you keep saying this lie and opinion but nobody buys it the way your subjective opinion applies it, we just laugh at it. Rape isnt in the constitution, guess that means the states can allow rape right? lol

    5.) nope sorry if it infringes on individual rights the fed takes over and protects those rights

    6.) false, why do you ignore the history and facts you just told me to pay attention too

    7.) because you "simply" apply it wrong and HISTORY, judges, court cases, laws and rights prove this.

    I love the fear and panic in your posts, its very reassuring to all those that support equal rights and freedom.

    thanks for playing

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird, can you quote me mention them, or even hinting anything about the 9th? nope you cant because its another lie and made up strawman that completely fails
    can you argue anything that actually has merit or is accurate or is factual or can we just continue to expect you to makes stuff up, post lies and failed strawmen over and over lol

    2.) yes i do because you havent presented even ONE that matters

    3.) fine by me

    4.) you keep saying this lie and opinion but nobody buys it the way your subjective opinion applies it, we just laugh at it. Rape isnt in the constitution, guess that means the states can allow rape right? lol

    5.) nope sorry if it infringes on individual rights the fed takes over and protects those rights

    6.) false, why do you ignore the history and facts you just told me to pay attention too

    7.) because you "simply" apply it wrong and HISTORY, judges, court cases, laws and rights prove this.

    I love the fear and panic in your posts, its very reassuring to all those that support equal rights and freedom.

    thanks for playing

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could respond to the line items in your post and provide you with the answers you are looking for but then that would prevent you from taking a civics and history course to learn about our Founders, the Constitution, and the way out govt. runs.

    what I really am scared of is the ignorance of far too many and the only solution to ignorance is education. I can provide you the source of some good schools to help you

    I am sure that everyday you can find something that interferes with your individual rights but getting married isn't one of them. You can marry anyone of the opposite sex you want or will have you just like me. That is equal protection as indicated by Loving v. Va. but no, people like you just want attention, are malcontents and want the title of married when civil unions will do the same thing or domestic Partnerships. I don't have any respect for people using equal protection as justification for redefining marriage against the will of the people

  8. #1238
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,810

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)I could respond to the line items in your post and provide you with the answers you are looking for but then that would prevent you from taking a civics and history course to learn about our Founders, the Constitution, and the way out govt. runs.

    2.)what I really am scared of is the ignorance of far too many and the only solution to ignorance is education. I can provide you the source of some good schools to help you

    3.)I am sure that everyday you can find something that interferes with your individual rights but getting married isn't one of them. You can marry anyone of the opposite sex you want or will have you just like me. That is equal protection as indicated by Loving v. Va. but no, people like you just want attention, are malcontents and want the title of married when civil unions will do the same thing or domestic Partnerships. I don't have any respect for people using equal protection as justification for redefining marriage against the will of the people
    translation: you still have no facts to support you, yes we know
    1.) hey look right on time. When an individual cant defend thier failed arguments and many posters simply destroy them with facts the next path to take is failed insults. This is usually dont because there is no logical, honest, accurate or intellectual path to take.

    Thanks for further proving our points lol

    2.) see 1# the exposure and failures of your posts continue and its hilarious

    3.) once again, laws, rights, judges, facts and court cases disagree with you.

    remind us what you have on your side again? oh thats right just you saying "nu-huh" lol

    extras
    I can get married now, im straight, i want my the illegal discrimination against my fellow americans to stop
    civil unions will FACTUALLY not do the same thing repeating this lie just further shows how severely uneducated you are on this topic. This fact as already been proven there is no other contract equal to marriage. SOrry your post fails again. Keep posting this lie though maybe posters who arent honest, educated and objective will buy it, but the rest will just laugh.

    also what will of the people? 1.) the will of the people dont matter to equal rights 2.) the will of the people are to support equal rights but again thats just a bonus since its meaningless on this issue.
    I love the anger that is inspired in your posts by equal rights winning, it tells us all we need to know. Reminds me of all the people that had these same failed arguments against minority rights, women's rights and interracial marriage etc.

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1239
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you still have no facts to support you, yes we know
    1.) hey look right on time. When an individual cant defend thier failed arguments and many posters simply destroy them with facts the next path to take is failed insults. This is usually dont because there is no logical, honest, accurate or intellectual path to take.

    Thanks for further proving our points lol

    2.) see 1# the exposure and failures of your posts continue and its hilarious

    3.) once again, laws, rights, judges, facts and court cases disagree with you.

    remind us what you have on your side again? oh thats right just you saying "nu-huh" lol

    extras
    I can get married now, im straight, i want my the illegal discrimination against my fellow americans to stop
    civil unions will FACTUALLY not do the same thing repeating this lie just further shows how severely uneducated you are on this topic. This fact as already been proven there is no other contract equal to marriage. SOrry your post fails again. Keep posting this lie though maybe posters who arent honest, educated and objective will buy it, but the rest will just laugh.

    also what will of the people? 1.) the will of the people dont matter to equal rights 2.) the will of the people are to support equal rights but again thats just a bonus since its meaningless on this issue.
    I love the anger that is inspired in your posts by equal rights winning, it tells us all we need to know. Reminds me of all the people that had these same failed arguments against minority rights, women's rights and interracial marriage etc.

    facts win again
    What exactly do you think you have won? You have no idea what the Founders Created or what is even in the Constitution. In your world anything that goes against what you want to do is a violation of the equal protection laws. There is a reason that the SC hasn't overturned the definition of marriage and I am sure you cannot figure it out but I have told you.

    I cannot tell you how angry I am, LOL, so keep believing that as I know that makes you feel great and after all isn't that what really matters, how you feel?

    I do suggest you read the civil rights section of the Constitution and point to the section that references sexual orientation and marriage? I cannot seem to find it nor can the SC

  10. #1240
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,810

    Re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)What exactly do you think you have won?
    2.)You have no idea what the Founders Created or what is even in the Constitution.
    3.) In your world anything that goes against what you want to do is a violation of the equal protection laws.
    4.) There is a reason that the SC hasn't overturned the definition of marriage
    5.)and I am sure you cannot figure it out but I have told you.
    6.)I cannot tell you how angry I am, LOL, so keep believing that as I know that makes you feel great
    7.)and after all isn't that what really matters, how you feel?
    8.)I do suggest you read the civil rights section of the Constitution and point to the section that references sexual orientation and marriage? I cannot seem to find it nor can the SC
    1.) me? nothing. This has nothing to do with me, seems you are even more confused then your posts show
    2.) another meaningless opinion of yours that cant be backed up with any facts
    3.) now this one is just a flat out lie, do you have any proof of this lie? please post it now. AGain this has nothing to do with me. Im going by facts, rights, laws, judges and court cases.
    4.) this will be changing soon, sorry it upsets you lol
    5.) yes you have told me your meaningless opinions that we all laugh at because you cant back them up with any facts
    6.) feel great? no its just funny that equal rights makes you and a minority of others so angry. Its funny and very weird.
    but it does feel great equal rights is winning.
    7.) wrong again, how i "feel" is meaningless. 100% meaningless, just like how you feel is 100% meaningless. This is why your posts have failed for pages and pages. You think it matters how you feel, i know better and i just stick with facts, laws, rights, judges and court cases while you tell us all how you FEEL about them and you get angry over them nobody cares. I know nobody cares about my feelings? this is why i dont debate based on feelings like you have been doing lol
    8.) again you keep pushing this failed strawman and nobody honest and educated buys it, please continue to make more stuff up that you think matters that doesnt, that too is also funny
    again. I stick with facts, rights, laws, judges and court cases while all you have is . . . . ."feelings and opinions" lol
    let us know when you have something more, we've been waiting for pages and so far youve presented nothing that supports your failed claims . .. . . notta . . . zilch . . . zero.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •