Page 121 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #1201
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good, do the research and get back to me. While you are researching please find the term marriage in the Constitution.

    Got it, if a homosexual told you something you would believe it but because I told you something you have to do the research. Try doing it with what the homosexual tells you as well and ask that homosexual as to what their problem is with civil unions?
    its hilarious watching you post this failed strawman over and over again and watching poster after poster destory it with facts lol The desperation in you posts is so obvious.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1202
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    He's referring to the equal protection clause, which was specifically made to protect minorities against the will of a majority.
    How does defining marriage do that? This equal protection argument is a slippery slope and can apply to just about anything.

  3. #1203
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    its hilarious watching you post this failed strawman over and over again and watching poster after poster destory it with facts lol The desperation in you posts is so obvious.
    Yep, you gay rights advocates are legends in your own minds

  4. #1204
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, you gay rights advocates are legends in your own minds
    translation: you have nothing and havent for pages lol This thread proves that fact.

    Im not a gay rights advocate, im an equal rights advocate, a freedom and liberty advocate. Im an advocate for my fellow americans to have the same rights as me. I know you find that very weird since you dont care about rights and freedoms but its the facts none the less.

    Let us know when you have something besides failed and destroyed strawmen, while its entertaining and funny to us, it be nice if you had one single valid point you could back up with any logic or facts . Heck or anythign that even had merit or mattered lol

    Keep pounding your drum though and trying to fight the fight against it, equal rights is winning and will continue too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1205
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How does defining marriage do that? This equal protection argument is a slippery slope and can apply to just about anything.
    Read the walker ruling.

    CONCLUSIONS OF LAW

    Plaintiffs challenge Proposition 8 under the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. Each challenge is independently meritorious, as Proposition 8 both unconstitutionally burdens the exercise of the fundamental right to marry and creates an irrational classification on the basis of sexual orientation.

    DUE PROCESS

    The Due Process Clause provides that no “State [shall] deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” US Const Amend XIV, 1. Due process protects individuals against arbitrary governmental intrusion into life,liberty or property. See Washington v Glucksberg, 521 US 702, 719-720 (1997). When legislation burdens the exercise of a rightdeemed to be fundamental, the government must show that the
    intrusion withstands strict scrutiny.
    California Prop 8 Ruling (August 2010)

    It begins on page 109 and continues into detail from there.

  6. #1206
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How does defining marriage do that? This equal protection argument is a slippery slope and can apply to just about anything.
    You still do not understand how the EPC works do you, even after having it explained to you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1207
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,512

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, you gay rights advocates are legends in your own minds
    And anti gay advocates, who seem to be stuck in 2nd grade science class, are at odds with what human development and sexuality are genuinely about.

  8. #1208
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You still do not understand how the EPC works do you, even after having it explained to you.
    If you think of rulings in terms of "activist judges," I don't know if understanding more complex ideas like "due process" and "equal protection" is even possible.

  9. #1209
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you have nothing and havent for pages lol This thread proves that fact.

    Im not a gay rights advocate, im an equal rights advocate, a freedom and liberty advocate. Im an advocate for my fellow americans to have the same rights as me. I know you find that very weird since you dont care about rights and freedoms but its the facts none the less.

    Let us know when you have something besides failed and destroyed strawmen, while its entertaining and funny to us, it be nice if you had one single valid point you could back up with any logic or facts . Heck or anythign that even had merit or mattered lol

    Keep pounding your drum though and trying to fight the fight against it, equal rights is winning and will continue too
    No, what you are is civics challenged and have no understanding of the Constitution and our Founders. The Constitution was created to define the role of the Federal Govt. Anything not in the Constitution was delegated to the states. Equal protection applies to items in that Constitution, Marriage isn't there.

    You can point to justices that rule one way and I can point to justifies that rule the other way. The only true solution for this passionate issue is a Constitutional Amendment and advocates of SSM aren't going to like the outcome.

  10. #1210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Read the walker ruling.



    California Prop 8 Ruling (August 2010)

    It begins on page 109 and continues into detail from there.
    What a surprise, a liberal court giving a liberal opinion, the only true solution is a Constitutional Amendment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •