Page 110 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1330

Thread: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

  1. #1091
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yes it leaves open the possibility that homosexuality is a choice. You can't be labeled a bigot if all you've done is disagree with someone's life choices. Boom. You've been owned
    So wait...now there is such a thing as a homosexual? Did you give yourself whiplash reversing yourself like that?

    So I would not be a bigot is I disagree with people being religious(not their religion, but being religious at all)?

    You should also note that not being born that way does not mean it is a choice, and further that no one knows how orientation is determined, so whether people are born that way or not is undetermined.

    Boom. You have been majorly owned.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #1092
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. Gay debates are nothing but sport. You don't "win" anything.
    Odd, why did you not mention that to Peter Grimm, who claimed to win and I was sarcastically using the same form as? Your hypocrisy is showing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #1093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So wait...now there is such a thing as a homosexual? Did you give yourself whiplash reversing yourself like that?

    So I would not be a bigot is I disagree with people being religious(not their religion, but being religious at all)?
    Hmm good point. At the end of the day, though, "bigot" is just a word intended to insult. Really calling someone a bigot is no different from calling them a stupid poopyface.

  4. #1094
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Hmm good point. At the end of the day, though, "bigot" is just a word intended to insult. Really calling someone a bigot is no different from calling them a stupid poopyface.
    I will not argue too much about that. There is a reason I don't go calling people bigots.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1095
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I harbor no hatred for them. I've mixed socially with them on many, many occasions, and it's no big deal at all. I really have no dog in this "debate".

    I just find these incessant gay debates purposeless. They aren't being denied anything. They're citizens, they're free, they're often successful, and they live the lives they've chosen to live just fine. Civil unions were long in place.

    But there's an inherent need among the gay community as a whole to constantly be front and center. Just living quietly among the folks simply will not do. And the media, especially Hollywood, is pushing at every corner to make it seem as if they constitute 50 percent of the population, which simply isn't true. It's not normal, as they seem to insist it be taken. It's not illegal, and I certainly don't know anyone personally trying to persecute them in any way.

    Being ignored is the gay activist's Kryptonite. It simply will not do.
    Oh please, wanting the same rights as everyone else is attention whoring only when you're unpopular. Abolitionists and feminists used to be accused of the same goddamn things. Here even today we had 3 states trying to pass religious exemptions that would allow fullstop jim crow era discrimination, it's illegal to marry in most states and there's no employment or housing protection and you are gonna sit there pretending persecution is nonexistent??

    Here, further proof the harm that bigotry causes: Top University Study: Anti-Gay Prejudice Is Killing Gay People | The New Civil Rights Movement

  6. #1096
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    There's no such thing as a homosexual person, there's only homosexual acts. Just like there's no such thing as a pot smoker, just people who happen to smoke pot.

    People are people. Just like you can choose to stop smoking pot, you can choose to stop taking cock up the ass. Life is full of choices, but we're all people.

    In other words, you gotta separate the sinner from the sin, you follow?

    lol what?

    sorry homosexuals factual exist
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1097
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Yeah, there's no "look-at-me" flamboyance going on in the gay community. You betcha. My gosh, it's an endless mass of reality-show wannabes.
    So what?

    If they look bad, the only reason that anyone would bother to look at them is if they identified w/them or hated them. Neither would be the case if discrimination against homosexual behavior didn't exist.

  8. #1098
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    lol what?

    sorry homosexuals factual exist
    facts win again
    There's only evidence that homosexual behavior exists, and that it's a natural phenomena.

    There's zero evidence of rigid gender-restricted sexuality, which is what being "gay" entails.

  9. #1099
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    I don't care at all. And I'm too ugly for her. However, artificially restricting one's sexuality to mating exclusively w/only one gender (i. e. labeling oneself as either "gay" or "straight" is unhealthy.
    In what way is it unhealthy? Wouldn't it be MORE unhealthy to artificially force someone to mate with someone they aren't attracted to?
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

  10. #1100
    Wandering...
    Koros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,953

    re: Actress Ellen Page: "I am gay"[W:1222]

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    There's only evidence that homosexual behavior exists, and that it's a natural phenomena.

    There's zero evidence of rigid gender-restricted sexuality, which is what being "gay" entails.


    So, the billions of people in this world who know they are solely attracted to one sex (be it male or female, same sex or opposite sex) don't actually exist?
    “The Bible has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies.” ― Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •