Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 626

Thread: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat[W:600]

  1. #501
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The only corruption that happened during this situation was what these politicians displayed. The union did not do anything corrupt. What happens in PA has no bearings in TN no matter what slippery slope you are trying to make.
    Unions by their very nature are corrupt.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #502
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Unions by their very nature are corrupt.
    Oh, right sure they are.

  3. #503
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh, right sure they are.
    A Labor Union is merely a legalized labor cartel limiting available labor to artificially force up the price of labor. They only work where a business or entity has little or no competition. When there is competition there is fail.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #504
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    A Labor Union is merely a legalized labor cartel limiting available labor to artificially force up the price of labor. They only work where a business or entity has little or no competition. When there is competition there is fail.
    Strange, when I lived in the south, there were no labor unions in the local grocery chains I shopped. All three of them in my area. Where I live now, there are six major grocery stores where the union is present in at least one of them. I believe another the meat cutters are organized. Anyway, ironically your point is incorrect.

  5. #505
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    your right the workers paid 0 attention to either person. the main reason that was given is that the workers saw what happened to the detroit big 3 under the UAW. they didnt' want
    the same thing happening to their own plant. they like their jobs and VW pays them well.

    the only reason that corker is even mentioned is that fact that liberals need something to blame other than the failure of the UAW to show it can build strong unions and strong companies.
    pretty much what I had thought, the "auto bailouts" were all Detroit based. I find conflicting info if they were successful or not.
    I can't rely on any sources anymore for anything; everything is politicized
    >end rant<

  6. #506
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Strange, when I lived in the south, there were no labor unions in the local grocery chains I shopped. All three of them in my area. Where I live now, there are six major grocery stores where the union is present in at least one of them. I believe another the meat cutters are organized. Anyway, ironically your point is incorrect.
    Not really.

    You're just too blind to the Union = Good and you refuse to see the reality of the situation. Take public Education, it's a ****ing unmitigated disaster. And part of that is the Teachers Unions. If we really gave a **** about our children the first thing we'd do is ban the Teachers Unions. But we don't. And we tell ourselves our SCHOOL is
    different, but let's be honest about it, you cannot fire a bad teach, the people working there are morons and the best TEACHERS are rare, like ****ing unicorns. With Rainbow farts.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #507
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Not really.

    You're just too blind to the Union = Good and you refuse to see the reality of the situation. Take public Education, it's a ****ing unmitigated disaster. And part of that is the Teachers Unions. If we really gave a **** about our children the first thing we'd do is ban the Teachers Unions. But we don't. And we tell ourselves our SCHOOL is
    different, but let's be honest about it, you cannot fire a bad teach, the people working there are morons and the best TEACHERS are rare, like ****ing unicorns. With Rainbow farts.
    Oh right, every school should be like North Carolina where teacher unions are effectively banned because places like MA have the worse educational systems! Very convincing.

  8. #508
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh right, every school should be like North Carolina where teacher unions are effectively banned because places like MA have the worse educational systems! Very convincing.
    Dude, you're a lackey, for Union FAIL. Sure, initial they help the "little guy" but the longe rht unions exists the worse it gets. Look at the Pension mess Cali, Detroit and hell most municipalities face! Why? Because the UNIONS got friendly politicians elected, who wrote "Super good" pensions into law and now the people are stuck paying for **** that they cannot afford. GM and Chevrolet had to be BAILED OUT because of the crap the Unions did.

    Irresponsible "Worry bout now, **** the future" that's Unions.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #509
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Dude, you're a lackey, for Union FAIL. Sure, initial they help the "little guy" but the longe rht unions exists the worse it gets. Look at the Pension mess Cali, Detroit and hell most municipalities face! Why? Because the UNIONS got friendly politicians elected, who wrote "Super good" pensions into law and now the people are stuck paying for **** that they cannot afford. GM and Chevrolet had to be BAILED OUT because of the crap the Unions did.

    Irresponsible "Worry bout now, **** the future" that's Unions.
    So, your going to keep moving the goal post? First, teacher unions are bad because they produce bad educational systems. When that fails, go for problems largely caused by the market meltdown. Prior to that, the systems that weren't corrupted, were quite fine. Of course, none of that has to do with private unions anyway, but why hold back on a good rant?

  10. #510
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Strange, when I lived in the south, there were no labor unions in the local grocery chains I shopped. All three of them in my area. Where I live now, there are six major grocery stores where the union is present in at least one of them. I believe another the meat cutters are organized. Anyway, ironically your point is incorrect.
    I have the opposite down here.. Grocery markets used to be all union - Jewel and Dominicks the two largest. Non-union shops started opening.. Dominicks (after nearly 100 years) just went out of business and Jewel (over 100 years) has been sold a few times over the past few years and is really havening problems. The non-union shops that opened up are eating them alive.
    Last edited by buck; 02-21-14 at 11:42 PM.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •