Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 626

Thread: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat[W:600]

  1. #401
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    They didn't write it in the agreement. They said if the company unionized it would compromise such monies.
    Oh, so it's not in the agreement, but it is eh? Wink wink....you're full of it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #402
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yep because that is what the people at the plant were saying.
    Your point?

  3. #403
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so it's not in the agreement, but it is eh? Wink wink....you're full of it.
    I'm not full of it. You are full of it. The agreement was being used against the company as leverage.

  4. #404
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Your point?
    The point is that you and other libs can't understand why anyone would turn down a union, so you make **** up and spread lies to male excuses for losing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #405
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The point is that you and other libs can't understand why anyone would turn down a union, so you make **** up and spread lies to male excuses for losing.
    The point is the people sited the number one reason they voted no is because of the smear fear campaign. Nothing ethical about it.

  6. #406
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'In a stinging defeat that could accelerate the decades-long decline of the United Auto Workers, employees voted against union representation at Volkswagen AG's Chattanooga, Tennessee plant, which had been seen as organized labor's best chance to expand in the U.S. South.

    Retired Tennessee Circuit Court Judge Sam Payne, who oversaw the count, said workers voted against UAW representation by 712 to 626.'

    Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat | Reuters
    In other News Today, People Who Look at Detroit Want No Part of It.

  7. #407
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The point is the people sited the number one reason they voted no is because of the smear fear campaign. Nothing ethical about it.
    Oh please. Unions have used bully tactics for decades, if not since the start. Cry me a river. You can't handle your own tactics used against you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #408
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please. Unions have used bully tactics for decades, if not since the start. Cry me a river. You can't handle your own tactics used against you.
    What does politicians getting themselves involved in union fear/smear campaigns have to do with the power struggles between unions and companies from the past?

  9. #409
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    His threats along with the campaign of lies and fear very well may have had a hand in that decision.
    Sunspot activity could have influenced the election.

    This obsession with Corker is so telling. It is the lamest of lame excuses. Corker is in no position to either reward or credibly threaten V.W. All this whining about Corker is B.S.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  10. #410
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Another poster sited the number one reason the people voted against the union was because they feared it would turn into the big 3.
    Did the plant workers have any reason to believe that unionizing would result in higher wages? Or in lost jobs?
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •