Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 626

Thread: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat[W:600]

  1. #251
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, and just look at what cesspools they are....
    Urban areas have more problems due to large pockets of poverty often found in them.

  2. #252
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    FDR was against Federal unions.
    Is a Federal union a public sector union? or not?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #253
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Is a Federal union a public sector union? or not?

    To quote-

    "No statements as to FDR’s views on collective bargaining for state or municipal workers were found among his papers as Governor of New York or as President."http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/aboutfdr/unions.html

  4. #254
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    To quote-

    "No statements as to FDR’s views on collective bargaining for state or municipal workers were found among his papers as Governor of New York or as President."http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/aboutfdr/unions.html

    In 1937 FDR wrote:

    "All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service..."

    "The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations."

    Franklin D. Roosevelt: Letter on the Resolution of Federation of Federal Employees Against Strikes in Federal Service

    You are just plain wrong....Sorry.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #255
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    In 1937 FDR wrote:

    "All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service..."

    "The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations."

    Franklin D. Roosevelt: Letter on the Resolution of Federation of Federal Employees Against Strikes in Federal Service

    You are just plain wrong....Sorry.
    I'm not pain wrong. That was a direct quote from the FDR library.

  6. #256
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I'm not pain wrong. That was a direct quote from the FDR library.
    And mine was a letter directly from the pen of FDR in 1937...So?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #257
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And mine was a letter directly from the pen of FDR in 1937...So?
    Right, and he went on to define public service as specifically federal. Never once did he mention state or municipalities as the library itself confirmed.

  8. #258
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Right, and he went on to define public service as specifically federal. Never once did he mention state or municipalities as the library itself confirmed.
    He was speaking to the danger of union power in the public sector being that a union elects the representatives that make the laws governing their pay, and work conditions...Although true that he was talking about the federal government unions, the same holds true for state, on down....Unless you think that those unions don't elect their reps?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #259
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    He was speaking to the danger of union power in the public sector being that a union elects the representatives that make the laws governing their pay, and work conditions...Although true that he was talking about the federal government unions, the same holds true for state, on down....Unless you think that those unions don't elect their reps?
    How does a rep determine a public sector's pay?

  10. #260
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    How does a rep determine a public sector's pay?
    They draft the laws.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •