Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 626

Thread: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat[W:600]

  1. #121
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it isn't dishonest at all. why is the head of a labor union getting paid more than the people he represents. more so his wages come at the expense of the people that he is suppose to be fighting for.
    Name me an organization that doesn't pay the president differently than those who work under him/her. Good luck.

  2. #122
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    except they don't always and their workers might not agree with the people that they are supporting. it has become a huge contention for union dues.
    there is a difference in a union representing their workers to the company and then spending dues on candidates that they members might not support.
    Spending money on candidates is the name of the game when it comes to politics and policies. Conservatives will stop at nothing to try and eliminate labors' voice.

  3. #123
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yeah its conspiracy.

    The fact that unions have been in decline for decades is immaterial, im sure.
    It's not a conspiracy, it is reality. The amount of money being poured in for anti union policies is huge. It's to uneven the playing field.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Spending money on candidates is the name of the game when it comes to politics and policies. Conservatives will stop at nothing to try and eliminate labors' voice.
    if the people in the union don't like the people that the money is going to then why should they have to support it with part of their union dues.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It's not a conspiracy, it is reality. The amount of money being poured in for anti union policies is huge. It's to uneven the playing field.
    then why is it union shops that are having so much trouble compared to others? the amount of money being poured in is nothing compared to the money that unions are spending to try and get people to join.

    the fact is people aren't interested in joining a union. the people in TN saw the destruction that the UAW caused on the American car companies and that seemed to be the number 1 reason they voted against it.

    others want a work council but don't want the UAW involved.

  6. #126
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    if the people in the union don't like the people that the money is going to then why should they have to support it with part of their union dues.
    You're fighting a red herring. That already is the case. With that said, that doesn't apply to stockholders in a company. There is your uneven playing field. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. The only time that rule doesn't apply is when an advantage is wanted.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    You're fighting a red herring. That already is the case. With that said, that doesn't apply to stockholders in a company. There is your uneven playing field. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander. The only time that rule doesn't apply is when an advantage is wanted.
    up until recent ruling by the SCOTUS companies couldn't contribute to campaigns.

    you don't have to invest in a company that you don't like. you don't have the choice in a union you have to pay the dues. so you are not correct.

  8. #128
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,206

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    You mean unions use part of their dues to effect legislation in favor of workers? How horrible!
    If you think that's what they do, God love you and I hope you pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a year to a union.

    Perhaps, other than getting Obama elected and having many employees lose their employer paid or subsidized health insurance coverage, just what has the hundreds of millions of union dues pumped into the Democrat party and Democrat candidates actually gotten for workers? I have one answer - Obama sold the bond holders and other creditors of Chrysler down the river in order to give controlling interest of Chrysler to the union. But what has that gotten for other workers in the country who's union dues went to support overpaid Chrysler workers who make a **** product, get paid far too much to do it and lots of union workers can't afford to buy the cars they subsidized building?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #129
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,206

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Name me an organization that doesn't pay the president differently than those who work under him/her. Good luck.
    Name me an organization that pays the president out of their own salaries and then we can have a discussion. Good luck.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #130
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    then why is it union shops that are having so much trouble compared to others? the amount of money being poured in is nothing compared to the money that unions are spending to try and get people to join.

    the fact is people aren't interested in joining a union. the people in TN saw the destruction that the UAW caused on the American car companies and that seemed to be the number 1 reason they voted against it.

    others want a work council but don't want the UAW involved.
    And that reason is a lie. The head of the company came out in support of the union for a reason. Industry that produces through production has different visions then people that produce things through capital. This company is an international one that knows when international trade deals are being made participation from such organizations as the ILO is necessary for their vision. They made a statement that their other companies have union representation in their council (accept for US). They don't necessarily support race to the bottom policies just because capital does. They see this is not working because unlike capital they have to sell a product on the market. Race to the bottom policies will only harm them in the long run.

Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •