Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 444

Thread: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

  1. #331
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Texashonor View Post
    @ Deuce

    there are not as many Pros as there are Cons simple fact and the second argument goes to if you agree with Gays then how can you make Polygamy illegal. as long as things are consensual then why have them illegal?
    Except for the fact that polygamous marriages do not fit in the current legal framework for marriage. It would require a re-writing of all of the laws concerning marriage for polygamy to work legally. Not so with same sex marriage.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  2. #332
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    cite me that law in most states that is simply not true.

    the piece of paper is a very common one if you go to a law firm you would in most cases not need to even see a lawyer unless they were hustling you and trying to make you pay for time. The piece is very similar to the "power of attorney" paperwork so would take less time and less paperwork then a marriage license.

    Yes it does matter because if there is no advantage a disadvantage or simply a marginal advantage then you have to take into account the Cons as well.

  3. #333
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    Except for the fact that polygamous marriages do not fit in the current legal framework for marriage. It would require a re-writing of all of the laws concerning marriage for polygamy to work legally. Not so with same sex marriage.

    when you say legal framework you are arguing the tax side of things, most polygamists are more about the religious aspect of the marriage then they are about the taxes they would be happy if they could simply have a religious ceremony to signify there marriage without being put in jail.

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Texashonor View Post
    @ Deuce

    there are not as many Pros as there are Cons simple fact and the second argument goes to if you agree with Gays then how can you make Polygamy illegal. as long as things are consensual then why have them illegal?
    um how's that a simple fact?

    and don't we have any objections to polygamy other then its not how we currently do things?

    if so maybe that's how

    if not

    why should it be illegal?

  5. #335
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Texashonor View Post
    cite me that law in most states that is simply not true.

    the piece of paper is a very common one if you go to a law firm you would in most cases not need to even see a lawyer unless they were hustling you and trying to make you pay for time. The piece is very similar to the "power of attorney" paperwork so would take less time and less paperwork then a marriage license.

    Yes it does matter because if there is no advantage a disadvantage or simply a marginal advantage then you have to take into account the Cons as well.
    who are you replying to?

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Texashonor View Post
    cite me that law in most states that is simply not true.

    the piece of paper is a very common one if you go to a law firm you would in most cases not need to even see a lawyer unless they were hustling you and trying to make you pay for time. The piece is very similar to the "power of attorney" paperwork so would take less time and less paperwork then a marriage license.

    Yes it does matter because if there is no advantage a disadvantage or simply a marginal advantage then you have to take into account the Cons as well.
    and thus its ok to not let black people drink from a certain water fountain as long as they can get a drink near buy

    what are the cons?

  7. #337
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Texashonor View Post
    when you say legal framework you are arguing the tax side of things, most polygamists are more about the religious aspect of the marriage then they are about the taxes they would be happy if they could simply have a religious ceremony to signify there marriage without being put in jail.
    seems wrong and illegal to put people in jail for being married to multiple people in only a religious sense

  8. #338
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    um how's that a simple fact?

    and don't we have any objections to polygamy other then its not how we currently do things?

    if so maybe that's how


    if not

    why should it be illegal?
    Because it is true we can sit here and debate it all you want that's why i'm here, you can argue anything such as why cant we marry animals or why cant we have concubines... everything under the sun can be can be justifiable but again is comes to principle why do gay want to be "married" you have brought up a few things that we have broken down and seen no advantage or a separate route that can be taken to obtain the same thing in a manner that is as easy or easier then being married.

  9. #339
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    and thus its ok to not let black people drink from a certain water fountain as long as they can get a drink near buy

    what are the cons?
    there can be a list just as you posted but here are the ones id like to debate.

    1) If Gay marriage were legalized then if a church were to deny a marriage because it was against there beliefs then they would lose there "nonprofit" business license.

    2) In a military sense if you allowed gays to marry people would all be married to be allowed off post housing and BAH along with many other things which then needs to be changed and it couldn't be just changed for gays it would restructure the entire format of BaH and make it less accessible to the military as a whole.

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Texashonor View Post
    Because it is true we can sit here and debate it all you want that's why i'm here, you can argue anything such as why cant we marry animals or why cant we have concubines... everything under the sun can be can be justifiable but again is comes to principle why do gay want to be "married" you have brought up a few things that we have broken down and seen no advantage or a separate route that can be taken to obtain the same thing in a manner that is as easy or easier then being married.
    what makes you say its true?

    what makes gay marriage lead to any of that stuff?

    you see no advantage to equality? and no reason why hetero sexual couples want to marry ?

    not always easer or as secure as marriage

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •