Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 444

Thread: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

  1. #241
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Marriage is an example of government intrusion, i.e. government banning gay marriage is example of too much government intrusion in our private lives. You know damn well what I meant. You're just being argumentative.
    You did not say that and I am not a mind reader. So what you really meant is that banning SSM was government intrusion, not what you actually said?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #242
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Just shows what a lousy job the supreme court did. This should be settled law. This is a tremendous waste of time and money to have to go through this in very state. Does anyone think that a federal court will ever come to a different conclusion?
    I have to say i agree, instead of punting twice on it they should have just settled it but at the same time, the fall of DOMA was huge and was the gas used to drive all of this basically.

    So what they kinda did was take thier illegal defense off the field and let the game play on. They now see what type of offense equal rights for gays has. And the reality is ER for gays is scoring touchdowns all over the place

    This will be settled sooner than later.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 02-15-14 at 03:30 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #243
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post



    Bahahahahahah! You're so furious that they're giving gays equal rights that you're calling for their heads. Jesus ****ing christ you must really hate gays.
    thats the way it comes off to me too since i see no logic pointing to anything else.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #244
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Procreation. Sodomy is not conducive to procreation.
    Two points of rebuttal:

    1) While procreation is certainly a common aspect of marriage, it is not a requirement. We allow elderly or otherwise infertile couples to marry, and we allow couples to stay married even if they have no interest in procreating.

    2) Allowing same-sex couples to marry does not hinder procreation. A same-sex couple isn't going to suddenly decide to be heterosexual and go have children just because you prevent them from marrying each other.

    In addition, from Arizona, I don't know if there are others with similar requirements:

    " Notwithstanding subsection A, first cousins may marry if both are sixty-five years of age or older or if one or both first cousins are under sixty-five years of age, upon approval of any superior court judge in the state if proof has been presented to the judge that one of the cousins is unable to reproduce. "


    Format Document


    >>>>

  5. #245
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You did not say that and I am not a mind reader. So what you really meant is that banning SSM was government intrusion, not what you actually said?
    Yes ma'am. My apologies for making myself clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'll name several well known ones. Ancient Greece, Rome, some areas of China, Mesopotamia, plus the earlier pagan tribes of Western Europe and the British Isles, along with some Native American tribes and even some African tribes.
    Show a reliable source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Know your logical fallacies. This one is Appeal to Tradition Fallacy.
    Should the US completely rearrange every aspect of its government? Why not?

  7. #247
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post

    Should the US completely rearrange every aspect of its government? Why not?
    No, nor is it. Care to discuss what actually is happening?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #248
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The government doesn't allow gays to marry, though. Right? Wouldn't you agree that shows too much government intrusion I marriage?
    No. I would say that there is a big difference between government intrusion and government unfairness. Your argument is like saying that if the government only allows boys to be claimed as legal children they are being too intrusive into our lives. Those two things have nothing to do with each other. It means the government is being unfair, not too intrusive.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #249
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Show a reliable source.
    It is a part of history and you are going to reject any source I give. Show a reliable source that says that interracial couples were treated the same as same race couples in the US prior to Loving. I dare you. Or better yet, show me a reliable source that shows that women had the same rights within a marriage in pretty much any of those civilizations I named, or even our own up til about a half century or less ago.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #250
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. I would say that there is a big difference between government intrusion and government unfairness. Your argument is like saying that if the government only allows boys to be claimed as legal children they are being too intrusive into our lives. Those two things have nothing to do with each other. It means the government is being unfair, not too intrusive.
    Government is being unfair, by being intrusive.

    Even when someone agrees with your passions, you still want to argue with them. Libbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •