Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 444

Thread: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

  1. #131
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It doesn't matter, it will go to the SCOTUS and those district judges are the same anyways - they're just politicians with robes that get their jollies off circumventing democracy and the Constitution(s) which is ironic in its on right.

    They're the real rulers of society and at times even this country...

    These ass hats should be representatives of the people not appointed officials - the SCOTUS should be expanded to 10x it's size.
    What part of we are not a democracy but rather a constitutional republic do you not get?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    What part of we are not a democracy but rather a constitutional republic do you not get?
    When a ballot initiative is put on a ballot for direct democracy that initiative becomes direct democracy..

    Furthermore appointing judges has absolutely NOTHING to do with "democratic republic" er electing officials to represent the people.

    You're just happy with tyranny because you enjoy the outcome and that is just downright disgusting in my book.

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    When a ballot initiative is put on a ballot for direct democracy that initiative becomes direct democracy..
    There are no Federal ballot initiatives though. Only state and local ones.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  4. #134
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    When a ballot initiative is put on a ballot for direct democracy that initiative becomes direct democracy..

    Furthermore appointing judges has absolutely NOTHING to do with "democratic republic" er electing officials to represent the people.

    You're just happy with tyranny because you enjoy the outcome and that is just downright disgusting in my book.
    We are a constitutional republic. There are no federal ballot initiatives that are legal. And all such state initiatives are still subject to the US Constitution, just as those laws that are put into place by representatives are. Direct democracies are stupid. They are tyrannies of the majority and that completely goes against the ideal of freedom for all.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,291
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It doesn't matter, it will go to the SCOTUS and those district judges are the same anyways - they're just politicians with robes that get their jollies off circumventing democracy and the Constitution(s) which is ironic in its on right.

    They're the real rulers of society and at times even this country...

    These ass hats should be representatives of the people not appointed officials - the SCOTUS should be expanded to 10x it's size.
    Have you read the ruling? If so, what part do you find incorrect?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    The marriageable age is based on existing legal tradition. A group like NAMBLA could argue that "it's been done this way" isn't a valid argument.
    And they'd fail, because the argument for a minimum age to marry ISN'T based on "tradition" but rather based on a legitimate state interest...namely, that children (Who are still a dependent of their parents at such an age, and are deemed to not have the full cognitive ability to adequately make significant impactful life choices) should not be able to enter into binding contractual agreements.

    You can't just keep making a bogus claim and ignoring people pointing out your error and expect anyone to actually take your arguments seriously.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We are a constitutional republic. There are no federal ballot initiatives that are legal. And all such state initiatives are still subject to the US Constitution, just as those laws that are put into place by representatives are. Direct democracies are stupid. They are tyrannies of the majority and that completely goes against the ideal of freedom for all.
    There are no federal ballot initiatives because there are no federal ballots duh?

    State ballot initiatives DONT HAVE TO CLEAR ANY JUDICIAL PROCESS, the the initiative wins - it's up to a challenge (or lawsuit) by a bitter party... And these anti-democracy assclowns do their best to find a judge that will rule in their favor - which is quite common considering the majority of judges are tyrants themselves, that view the Bill of Rights and the Constitution as a philosophical living document rather than a blunt piece of legislation that it is - an a blueprint for the rights of people and not the state or federal government.

    In short the majority of judges in the United States are corrupted, by money or politics - they can rule any way they want on any issue and justify the ruling with a statement that 90% of the US population could hardly understand - which makes the rulings a lot easier on the tyrants that ruled on the issue...

    This is why I believe the SCOTUS should be expanded form 9 to 18 or even 27.

    That would open up a broader debate amongst the Justices when an issue is in question.

  8. #138
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    There are no federal ballot initiatives because there are no federal ballots duh?

    State ballot initiatives DONT HAVE TO CLEAR ANY JUDICIAL PROCESS, the the initiative wins - it's up to a challenge (or lawsuit) by a bitter party... And these anti-democracy assclowns do their best to find a judge that will rule in their favor - which is quite common considering the majority of judges are tyrants themselves, that view the Bill of Rights and the Constitution as a philosophical living document rather than a blunt piece of legislation that it is - an a blueprint for the rights of people and not the state or federal government.

    In short the majority of judges in the United States are corrupted, by money or politics - they can rule any way they want on any issue and justify the ruling with a statement that 90% of the US population could hardly understand - which makes the rulings a lot easier on the tyrants that ruled on the issue...

    This is why I believe the SCOTUS should be expanded form 9 to 18 or even 27.

    That would open up a broader debate amongst the Justices when an issue is in question.
    Just because an initiative gets the majority vote, does not mean it is constitutional. The entire point of the BoR is to keep the government from infringing upon the rights of the people because of a majority opinion. That now applies to states thanks to the 14th Amendment.

    And laws that are unconstitutional should be challenged, no matter who voted for them.

    I consider those who complain about judicial review (especially considering the fact that laws have to be challenged to receive it) to be the bitter ones.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Just because an initiative gets the majority vote, does not mean it is constitutional. The entire point of the BoR is to keep the government from infringing upon the rights of the people because of a majority opinion. That now applies to states thanks to the 14th Amendment.

    And laws that are unconstitutional should be challenged, no matter who voted for them.

    I consider those who complain about judicial review (especially considering the fact that laws have to be challenged to receive it) to be the bitter ones.
    First off **** the Fourteenth Amendment - It could justify free apple pie and ribs everyday all day to everyone in the US if a judge so ordered...

    Secondly a ballot initiative needs to be CHALLENGED, and until a ruling has been made that law is currant law. The problem is that those special interest groups who challenge these ballot initiatives generally have swagger and are high powered attorneys which usually come from the anarchistic ACLU and they know what judge to put the case or issue in front of - a judge what will rule in their favor.

    The judicial system is just as corrupt as politics - if not more.

    The Fourteenth Amendment needs to be abolished considering it justifies just about anything and everything.

  10. #140
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Federal Judge Rules Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Oh why do you bigots want to stand in the way of LOVE and EQUAL RIGHTS? How un-American. Just because your personal moral beliefs are against pedophilia, doesn't mean you have a right to force everyone else to adhere to your rules. Keep your religion out of other people's bedrooms. Why are you such a xenophobe?

    (Sarcasm, in case the degenerate state of our culture makes it unclear)
    what does child rape and infringe on another right have to do with equal rights?
    oh thats right nothing LMAO

    another failed and retarded strawman bites the dust
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •