Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Hey there MMC!

    No, from what I've heard the pentagon has plans that'll pull out every last troop by the end of this year. I don't think that they'll even try again with a newly elected president. What are the chances that Karzai is going to be re-elected? We already know he and his administration are corrupt as hell, so any challenger has one heck of a hill to climb to be elected.

    I'd be inclined to pull out every single piece of equipment out along with the troops. No sense leaving it for the Taliban to use against us later.


    I think Klein, but don't quote me on that. There were a couple of others on the same show. Was saying this Morning that we would look to work with whatever Military was in place. They know Karzai is out.....so it will be see if we can still work out Obama Foreign Policy.

    I am telling ya.....he always re-rounds and tries to clean up his mess. Anything that helps stroke his ego. So that it doesn't show failure on his record.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I think Klein, but don't quote me on that. There were a couple of others on the same show. Was saying this Morning that we would look to work with whatever Military was in place. They know Karzai is out.....so it will be see if we can still work out Obama Foreign Policy.

    I am telling ya.....he always re-rounds and tries to clean up his mess. Anything that helps stroke his ego. So that it doesn't show failure on his record.
    I agree but would point out, there never was an attainable "success" in Afghanistan.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #33
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Or if McCain or Romney were President.
    .
    As the Commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. Amos or is it Anus ? said the other day in reference to Afghanistan, it ain't going to get any better.
    Whatever his name, he's right. It ain't going to get any better.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #34
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Like the Soviets were doing the same thing.
    They were about as successful with whatever they were trying to accomplish as we are with whatever we're trying to accomplish.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #35
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I agree but would point out, there never was an attainable "success" in Afghanistan.
    a classic ex. of "mission creep". There was a poster here (can't recall) that laid it out nicely.
    Something like we flooded troops into Tora Bora chasing bin Laden, and just wound up with Bush's war to secure and BUILD a stable Afghanistan.

    Obama's problem is he doubled down on this unworkable idea - his so called "escalation/de-escalation" and got 3/4 of the total dead US troops under his watch killed.
    Not to mention the $B's in aid.. Not to mention the fact Karzai makes him look foolish, etc.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I agree but would point out, there never was an attainable "success" in Afghanistan.

    Well we know that.....but Obama thought it was his lynchpin with AQ being on the run. Albeit knowing all along where they started from and that Africa was quite a bit left on the map that he was looking at.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,119

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    bring them home. all of them.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They were about as successful with whatever they were trying to accomplish as we are with whatever we're trying to accomplish.
    OMG Ditto, too funny, but true nevertheless.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #39
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Which is precisely why they are laughing at the US failure to improve anything other than the poppy production in the same place. Laughing their asses off.
    No, you hope they are laughing, because it's you that thinks it's a funny situation.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Karzai: "American military should “stop harassing” the Afghan judiciary

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    a classic ex. of "mission creep". There was a poster here (can't recall) that laid it out nicely.
    Something like we flooded troops into Tora Bora chasing bin Laden, and just wound up with Bush's war to secure and BUILD a stable Afghanistan.

    Obama's problem is he doubled down on this unworkable idea - his so called "escalation/de-escalation" and got 3/4 of the total dead US troops under his watch killed.
    Not to mention the $B's in aid.. Not to mention the fact Karzai makes him look foolish, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well we know that.....but Obama thought it was his lynchpin with AQ being on the run. Albeit knowing all along where they started from and that Africa was quite a bit left on the map that he was looking at.
    Oh I know that dude! Don't take my statement as any sort of excuse for Obama. But this adventure that not only didn't define what success ever even was, it had the support of all but one rather unknown congresswoman, (I was standing next to her at the time) so there's plenty of blame for going in there already. A "mission accomplished" was never clear or in any realm a possibility. Bush's whole "war on terror" that Obama stopped fighting has no tangible army to engage, has no defined battle field, no possible end strategy, and the only winners are defense contractors and the people that lone governments money to prosecute their military conflicts. Civilians, in any proximity to a firefight, drone strike or bombing raid are the feigned casualties and regarded as fodder, collateral damage, etc. and their countries are destabilized and left uncertain, dangerous, full of corruption and various factions fighting for control. this has been both supported by and ****ed up by both parties, neither are excused, and I wait, albeit impatiently for americans to stop lending their partisan support for failure. not to worry though bro, im not holding my breathe.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •