Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 236

Thread: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinner

  1. #221
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I can only hope that it works at this point, because the real purpose that I think it was fashioned for, is a much worse proposition.
    I know conspiracy theories are popular, but I think it's merely an attempt. I personally hope both sides stop the stupid demonizing and go to work to improve it. We'll disagree on what that should be, but adults should be able to work honestly toward a goal that's good for all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #222
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know conspiracy theories are popular, but I think it's merely an attempt. I personally hope both sides stop the stupid demonizing and go to work to improve it. We'll disagree on what that should be, but adults should be able to work honestly toward a goal that's good for all.
    And what goal would that be? UHC?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #223
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And what goal would that be? UHC?
    That would be a good goal. No doubt. But I meant to addressing the healthcare issue the best way possible.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #224
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    That's right! Everyone knows an enlightened progressive can't cook they'll just burn down their trailer park.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinner at Home - Fox Nation

    Just when you thought he wasn't a big enough idiot, Keith Ellison opened his trap on Fox again....

  5. #225
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That would be a good goal. No doubt. But I meant to addressing the healthcare issue the best way possible.
    I don't think that is a good goal, but it is the ends to the means put in place at the moment. But not before bankrupting the people. They should have let Republicans into the process, but no, they had to get all authoritarian and ram through a piece of cap that no one read in the middle of the night.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #226
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think that is a good goal, but it is the ends to the means put in place at the moment. But not before bankrupting the people. They should have let Republicans into the process, but no, they had to get all authoritarian and ram through a piece of cap that no one read in the middle of the night.
    J, I believe with all my heart that republicans had every opportunity, and were only excluded when they would not actually contribute. To be included, you have to actually come to the table. And frankly, when we talked about republicans doing this under Bush, your side responded with, you won. Can't have it both ways.

    Still, I would support them working together. But they must come to the table willing to compromise.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #227
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, I believe with all my heart that republicans had every opportunity, and were only excluded when they would not actually contribute. To be included, you have to actually come to the table. And frankly, when we talked about republicans doing this under Bush, your side responded with, you won. Can't have it both ways.

    Still, I would support them working together. But they must come to the table willing to compromise.
    I think you're wrong about that. Democrats had Apollo project write the bill then when Republicans complained about the so called social justice aspects they were locked out and the propaganda you bought into was disembeled.

    Compromise doesn't mean do everything your opponent wants.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #228
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think you're wrong about that. Democrats had Apollo project write the bill then when Republicans complained about the so called social justice aspects they were locked out and the propaganda you bought into was disembeled.

    Compromise doesn't mean do everything your opponent wants.
    Seems I said the same thing to you concerning republicans. As I recall, you told me they won. Odd.

    However, we have a factual issue.

    WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Wednesday laid out a series of compromises he's willing to make to get a health care overhaul through a nervous Congress this year, including diluting his vision for a new public insurance program and embracing ideas floated by Republicans.

    Read more here: Obama offers compromises to get health care bill passed | Politics | McClatchy DC

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #229
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seems I said the same thing to you concerning republicans. As I recall, you told me they won. Odd.

    However, we have a factual issue.

    WASHINGTON President Barack Obama on Wednesday laid out a series of compromises he's willing to make to get a health care overhaul through a nervous Congress this year, including diluting his vision for a new public insurance program and embracing ideas floated by Republicans.

    Read more here: Obama offers compromises to get health care bill passed | Politics | McClatchy DC
    Ah the whole "based on heritage" lie to demonize republicans... plus you start out this post with the childish premise of "nah, nah you did it first"

    Sigh* come on back when you want an honest conversation, because this ain't it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #230
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ah the whole "based on heritage" lie to demonize republicans... plus you start out this post with the childish premise of "nah, nah you did it first"

    Sigh* come on back when you want an honest conversation, because this ain't it.
    I don't understand why you have trouble owning your hypocrisy.

    And I think you missed the argument entirely. The point was republicans did not come to the table willing to compromise. Don't worry too much because I don't think democrats did either. But I can link where Obama specifically made an effort if you want.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •