Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 236

Thread: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinner

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Helped those who got full time. These are people who needed it.

    There is no logical reason for you laying off. But by all means join me in arguing insurance should be removed for employment. We'd spend less and have better access for all with a single payer.
    Again, that doesnt help MY employees, who were happy with their job situation, but now are not because the govt told their employee they had to effectively pay them more. Im not arguing for or against insurance being removed for employment. Im arguing govt should stay out of it. If you want single payer, go ahead and do it and pay for it yourself. Im not stopping you. Just dont make me enroll or pay for it. Oh, but then you couldnt afford it, could you? Too many poor people not paying in.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Again, that doesnt help MY employees, who were happy with their job situation, but now are not because the govt told their employee they had to effectively pay them more. Im not arguing for or against insurance being removed for employment. Im arguing govt should stay out of it. If you want single payer, go ahead and do it and pay for it yourself. Im not stopping you. Just dont make me enroll or pay for it. Oh, but then you couldnt afford it, could you? Too many poor people not paying in.
    If you're laying off, you do so because you want to. Other companies have found other ways. There is no logical need to lay off.

    Now, how much poor pay? How will they pay it? At least when we demonize they rich, they have a lobbying group that will fight for them. The poor can't speak up that much. And your employees likely can't speak freely, fir fear of losing work. The working poor needs this more than anyone.

    "Not enough companies are negatively impacted, and those that are are adjusting in other ways," said Zandi.

    Economists split over Obamacare's impact on jobs - Sep. 30, 2013

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #153
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you're laying off, you do so because you want to. Other companies have found other ways. There is no logical need to lay off.

    Now, how much poor pay? How will they pay it? At least when we demonize they rich, they have a lobbying group that will fight for them. The poor can't speak up that much. And your employees likely can't speak freely, fir fear of losing work. The working poor needs this more than anyone.

    "Not enough companies are negatively impacted, and those that are are adjusting in other ways," said Zandi.

    Economists split over Obamacare's impact on jobs - Sep. 30, 2013
    Again, that doesnt help MY employees. Thats the whole point here. Govt is treating everyone like a group. My employees were happy, now they arent, because of govt.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Again, that doesnt help MY employees. Thats the whole point here. Govt is treating everyone like a group. My employees were happy, now they arent, because of govt.
    You should help your employees. No one and nothing is making you do anything to them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    Oh, I'm arguing it's not usual.

    Run more smoothly for some, but create more conflict for others. I'm not arguing against constraints. I'm arguing against roles, specifically gender roles. Though I can't think of any roles that wouldn't create conflict when faced with reality.
    I remember when 'sensitive' men were the fashion and women were drawn to them until the fashion eventually slowed down. Real women will be drawn to real men, and vice versa, and trying to redefine the sexes is a foolish and losing game. Both sexes of the generation who got caught up in that idea are now realizing the error of their ways.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I remember when 'sensitive' men were the fashion and women were drawn to them until the fashion eventually slowed down. Real women will be drawn to real men, and vice versa, and trying to redefine the sexes is a foolish and losing game. Both sexes of the generation who got caught up in that idea are now realizing the error of their ways.
    Redefine? This implies we were ever defined. I think just being is enough for both men and women.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #157
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You heard the testimony. You got a written account and heard him on video. Yet you call him wrong and you right? It's his report. Who does what you are doing? Think partisan. Some not interested in the truth. Maybe?
    No Joe....I don't know...I don't have the background to know.....Neither do you. What I am saying, maybe clumsily, is that although I respect Elmendorf [sic] as far as that goes, the CBO can only look at things through the lens of parameters that they are given to specifically look at...They are not there to give a complete, and comprehensive view, but rather to offer conclusions based on a few things....This is why in most cases they are wildly off in their estimates.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #158
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No Joe....I don't know...I don't have the background to know.....Neither do you. What I am saying, maybe clumsily, is that although I respect Elmendorf [sic] as far as that goes, the CBO can only look at things through the lens of parameters that they are given to specifically look at...They are not there to give a complete, and comprehensive view, but rather to offer conclusions based on a few things....This is why in most cases they are wildly off in their estimates.
    But you have to go with the evidence you have, or in this case don't have. No study, no valid report or study, shows people being laid off or fired due to reform. To dispute the person who presented the report, it's proper to have some support. You liked the CBO when you thought it said what you wanted it to say. Too much is tackled this way. At some point you have to consider that you're wrong in what you think is happening.

    Btw, where I work, we just got news our premiums will be even lower than estimated earlier. The lowest increase in decades will now be even lower. Add to it that we get to move some part time employees to full time, we're not hurting here. I honestly ask you to investigate how states are reacting. You'll find, I believe, some states are doing well and others not. This implies that the law isn't the issue as much as states doing a poor job.

    Also, as a people we should consider removing healthcare from employment. You know his I think that should be done.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #159
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But you have to go with the evidence you have, or in this case don't have. No study, no valid report or study, shows people being laid off or fired due to reform. To dispute the person who presented the report, it's proper to have some support. You liked the CBO when you thought it said what you wanted it to say. Too much is tackled this way. At some point you have to consider that you're wrong in what you think is happening.

    Btw, where I work, we just got news our premiums will be even lower than estimated earlier. The lowest increase in decades will now be even lower. Add to it that we get to move some part time employees to full time, we're not hurting here. I honestly ask you to investigate how states are reacting. You'll find, I believe, some states are doing well and others not. This implies that the law isn't the issue as much as states doing a poor job.

    Also, as a people we should consider removing healthcare from employment. You know his I think that should be done.
    How many have actually paid for their plans Joe, and why is that a secret?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #160
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How many have actually paid for their plans Joe, and why is that a secret?
    Not sure it is a secret. I haven't looked. But you guys sure leap to conspiracies. It's kind of funny to watch.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •