Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 236

Thread: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinner

  1. #141
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then either Elmendorf didn't read his own report, or isn't being truthful to congress when he says that...I posted it right from his own report.
    Yes he did, he just thought readers were smart enough to understand it.

    The CBO report found that Obamacare through subsidizing health coverage would reduce the amount of hours workers choose to work, to the equivalent of 2.5 million full-time workers over 10 years. This was widely spun by Republicans as a loss of 2.5 million jobs.

    CBO director: Obamacare will reduce unemployment

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #142
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, I know, anything you disagree with has an agenda. But the they are not alone.

    "The CBO makes it crystal clear that its analysis suggests that U.S. labor supply, not labor demand, would likely be reduced by various provisions of the ACA [Affordable Care Act]. Fewer sellers, not fewer buyers. That means, for openers, that the ACA should raise wages, especially low wages," he explains.

    "More germane to the political brouhaha, it also means that the decline in work does not mean jobs being destroyed but rather that some people are choosing to work less — or not at all. That doesn't sound so bad."

    Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Blinder: Obamacare's Not a 'Job Killer'
    Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
    Only in a liberal progressive mind could lower productivity, and less work force participation be a good thing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #143
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then either Elmendorf didn't read his own report, or isn't being truthful to congress when he says that...I posted it right from his own report.
    Yes, what you don't like has an agenda. But there are more than them:
    http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412...Job-Killer.pdf

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #144
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes he did, he just thought readers were smart enough to understand it.

    The CBO report found that Obamacare — through subsidizing health coverage – would reduce the amount of hours workers choose to work, to the equivalent of 2.5 million full-time workers over 10 years. This was widely spun by Republicans as a loss of 2.5 million jobs.

    CBO director: Obamacare will reduce unemployment
    Oh, so now we are just dumb if we don't buy into the propaganda eh? What a load of crap.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Only in a liberal progressive mind could lower productivity, and less work force participation be a good thing.
    Like noted earlier, that's the exact same argument made by people opposed to reducing the work week from seven days to five. They were wrong then. The economy thrived. This suggests at least the possibility for you to be wrong now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so now we are just dumb if we don't buy into the propaganda eh? What a load of crap.
    You have his testimony. Who hears and calls the guy responsible for it wrong concerning what he reported? Think it through.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #147
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, what you don't like has an agenda. But there are more than them:
    http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/412...Job-Killer.pdf
    Oh you mean cbpp's little cousin? For God's sake man, they are listed on cbpp's website as collaborators....Just because ACORN thinks that they can get away with a quick name change and business as usual, don't try that **** with me Joe....I'm not as dumb as you look.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #148
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You have his testimony. Who hears and calls the guy responsible for it wrong concerning what he reported? Think it through.
    Not sure what you are asking here....For example what does this mean?

    "Who hears and calls the guy responsible for it wrong concerning what he reported?"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #149
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh you mean cbpp's little cousin? For God's sake man, they are listed on cbpp's website as collaborators....Just because ACORN thinks that they can get away with a quick name change and business as usual, don't try that **** with me Joe....I'm not as dumb as you look.
    Yes I know. Everyone, including the CBO, has an agenda. Disagreeing with you proves it. I get that.

    from the liberal Forbes:

    The nonpartisan Urban Institute decided to find out. It did so by looking at what has happened in Massachusetts, whose health reform law, passed in 2006, is broadly similar. It found no evidence whatever that health care reform, and mandated coverage, killed jobs:

    Will Obamacare Kill Jobs? A New Study Says No - Forbes

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Keith Ellison on ObamaCare-Job Losses: More Time for Americans to Cook Dinne

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not sure what you are asking here....For example what does this mean?

    "Who hears and calls the guy responsible for it wrong concerning what he reported?"
    You heard the testimony. You got a written account and heard him on video. Yet you call him wrong and you right? It's his report. Who does what you are doing? Think partisan. Some not interested in the truth. Maybe?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •