Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Who else can order it beyond the POTUS?

    .
    Senior Advisor to the President, Valerie Jarrett.

    She thinks she part of the "Military Chain of Command" but she just doesn't get it.

    Scuttlebutt with in the Navy SEAL community that it was Valeri Jarrett who convinced Obama to order a stand down two or three times when Navy Seals (SEAL Team Six) were about to go on the mission to take out Osama bin Laden. Already three Navy SEAL's who were on the team have come out that they were getting tired being told to "stand down." Eventually Obama dropped it Leon Panetta's lap and he dumped it on Admiral McRaven who finally issued the order to go.

    I wouldn't be surprised that on the night of 9-11-12 Obama was cutting Zzzz's while Valeri Jarret was calling the shots. Her only concern was seeing that Obama being given a second chance and being reelected.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    They may have been different -- or terrorists could have attacked assets in Tripoli while our guys were rushing off to Benghazi. Nobody knew at the time. According to the report, the Pentagon was concerned that there would be other attacks against U.S. interests in Libya. That's why the Tripoli team was held.
    These Islamic terrorist are not American, Comanche Indians. These Islamist aren't that smart.

  3. #43
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    These Islamic terrorist are not American, Comanche Indians. These Islamist aren't that smart.
    You can't be serious.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #44
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Senior Advisor to the President, Valerie Jarrett.

    She thinks she part of the "Military Chain of Command" but she just doesn't get it.

    Scuttlebutt with in the Navy SEAL community that it was Valeri Jarrett who convinced Obama to order a stand down two or three times when Navy Seals (SEAL Team Six) were about to go on the mission to take out Osama bin Laden. Already three Navy SEAL's who were on the team have come out that they were getting tired being told to "stand down." Eventually Obama dropped it Leon Panetta's lap and he dumped it on Admiral McRaven who finally issued the order to go.

    I wouldn't be surprised that on the night of 9-11-12 Obama was cutting Zzzz's while Valeri Jarret was calling the shots. Her only concern was seeing that Obama being given a second chance and being reelected.
    Ah, the Great Valerie Jarrett Conspiracy.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You can't be serious.
    The tactic you described was SOP by Comanches.
    Worked very well.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Ah, the Great Valerie Jarrett Conspiracy.
    I didn't know there was a Valerie Jarrett conspiracy ?

    You know that thread on the DP Military Forum about the battle between the Generals and Obama ?

    I think it's on post #1 where a general mentions that he gets a phone call from the Obama White House ordering that a satellite be maneuvered over some hot spot in the world. The generals said we cant do it. The person on the phone in the White House is saying this is what the CnC (Obama) wants. Then she says something about civilians controlling the military. (leftist like to bring that up a lot) The general concurred, yes the civilians control the military but you're not one of those civilians.

    That female in the White House is believed to have been Valerie Jarrett. She is not part of the military chain of command or part of the civilian military chain of command.

    Even a private (E-1) in the Army can recite the Military Chain of Command from his Plt. Sergant all the way up to the CnC (POTUS)
    I think Obama and those he has surrounded himself with are completely clueless about the Chain of Command.

    And it's not POTUS who decides how the Chain of Command is organized, it's Congress.

  7. #47
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I didn't know there was a Valerie Jarrett conspiracy ?

    You know that thread on the DP Military Forum about the battle between the Generals and Obama ?

    I think it's on post #1 where a general mentions that he gets a phone call from the Obama White House ordering that a satellite be maneuvered over some hot spot in the world. The generals said we cant do it. The person on the phone in the White House is saying this is what the CnC (Obama) wants. Then she says something about civilians controlling the military. (leftist like to bring that up a lot) The general concurred, yes the civilians control the military but you're not one of those civilians.

    That female in the White House is believed to have been Valerie Jarrett. She is not part of the military chain of command or part of the civilian military chain of command.

    Even a private (E-1) in the Army can recite the Military Chain of Command from his Plt. Sergant all the way up to the CnC (POTUS)
    I think Obama and those he has surrounded himself with are completely clueless about the Chain of Command.

    And it's not POTUS who decides how the Chain of Command is organized, it's Congress.
    This is only relevant if you can prove that said orders cannot be delivered by proxy.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #48
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    The entire point of the thread was to point this out:

    While the GOP lawmakers said that commanders could have pushed harder to position forces to respond to threats in North Africa in general and Libya in particular, they concluded that no U.S. military assets could have arrived in Benghazi in time to affect the outcome of the attack, according to committee staff members who briefed reporters on the report.
    No forces could have been moved into Benghazi in time to save Ambassador Stevens or the other three people who died that day. Which proves that Darrell Issa (who claimed he could have flown commercial into Benghazi in enough time to stop the attacks) was full of it. Again.



    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gates-so...ry-capability/

    Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates forcefully defended the Obama administration on Sunday against charges that it did not do enough to prevent the tragedy in Benghazi, telling CBS' "Face the Nation" that some critics of the administration have a "cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces."

    Gates, a Republican who was appointed by then-President George W. Bush in 2006 and agreed to stay through more than two years of President Obama's first term, repeatedly declined to criticize the policymakers who devised a response to the September 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens.

    "Frankly, had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were," said Gates, now the chancellor of the College of William and Mary.

    "We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible." he explained.

    Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to "scare them with the noise or something," Gates said, ignored the "number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals."

    "I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said.

    Another suggestion posed by some critics of the administration, to, as Gates said, "send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, would have been very dangerous."

    "It's sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces," he said. "The one thing that our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harm's way, and there just wasn't time to do that."

    Gates said he could not speak to allegations that the State Department refused requests for additional security in the months prior to the attack. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been increasingly targeted for criticism by Republicans for her handling of the crisis and the government's response, with some even raising the possibility that the State Department engineered a coverup to protect her political future.

    But when Gates was asked whether he thought that might be a possibility, he replied flatly, "No."
    Last edited by Kobie; 02-12-14 at 05:13 AM.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #49
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures - The Washington Post

    The headline is no surprise. The House Armed Services Committee issued a report today ...



    Well, except in one way.



    There was no stand down order. Repeat: There was no stand down order. Maybe that ludicrous talking point can finally be put to rest.
    If it was a ludicrous talking point, it should've been easily dismissed with ample evidence over a year ago. We weren't ready for much of anything at all on 9/11/12 except an election. I'd say we don't leave our people behind, but apparently we do now, and it's equally apparent that no one in this administration or those that support it think that sea change in attitude is a big deal.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This is only relevant if you can prove that said orders cannot be delivered by proxy.
    Congress established a chain of command and Valerie Jarrett isn't in it.

    But we all know the current administration ignores what parts of the Constitution they don't like. Luckily there are still some wearing the uniform who are not Obama's yes men and still acknowledge the Constitution and the chain of command. Obama hasn't gotten around to purging them all. Yet.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •